Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am sorry ppl are jumping on you about asking about Bougie size I was curious too- Its a fair and reasonable concern, but all questions on here on fair and reasonable really. Its really not anyones place to lecture you about whether or not to be concerned about it. This is supposed to be a positive support group not lecture or make fun of your questions or curiousities.

One thing that seems to be missed throughout this thread is, smaller is not better. Small sleeves tend to be more susceptible to complications. Very small sleeves have twisted inside the body, and also are more likely to have problems with acid reflux. This is one of the primary reasons you almost never hear of a 28 or 30 being used anymore.

I think the best advice is to make sure you are very comfortable with the surgeon you have chosen, & trust that he/she will make the best decision.

No problem! I just felt strongly about some of the comments that were kind of going left field. When I was pre-op I asked questions about the bougie and bougie sizes' date=' because just I'm a researcher all the way! I wanted to be educated about everything...and I find it really interesting too, to see what differences there are out there. I saw one doctor online demonstrating that there's hardly a difference between one size, and the very next size....but when looking at say, a 28 vs. a 38 (I'm making up the numbers) there is a sizeable difference. He said these wide ranges determine whether your sleeve is the diameter of a big highlighter, a Sharpie marker, or a pen! Wow! (Yeah I'm a biology geek all the way, heheh.) Oh, and my screen name is from an old Bill Murray movie called What About Bob, haHA!

I'm a number geek so I understand and I love what about bob! ;-)

I feel I need to say that I started out as a few others did' date=' giving my answer. Which is mine to give if I wanted to, and I wanted to! This is an open forum and all opinions are welcome as long as they are not attacks (which mine wasn't) the trouble started IMO when someone said that we (I) didn't have the right to post my opinion.

This thread will be read by "new" people and they deserve true information.

[/quote']

Someone?