Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies: How many of you pre-surgery got the "Are you pregnant" question?

I never ask even when someone is obviously pregnant. Goodness, it's probably just as embarrassing for the asker!!! I've never been asked that not even when I was. I'm fat all over. No area is fatter than the next! Haha.

My friend moved to Ireland and is maybe 110 and her neighbor asked her!?! WTH people are so rude. I NEVER ASK. Even when I think it's very obvious.. I never ask or comment. If they are preggers and want to discuss it ... they would.

Seriously.. Stupid people!

I am still pre-op but had to comment on this as well. Ive been asked twice recently! My winter jacket def made me look pregnant. A family member asked me and i just told them no and to piss off. Then I was at work and an older gentleman kept staring at me out of the corner of his eye and finally came up to me. He said "oh you're expecting, how nice" and he proceeded to touch my belly at this point. i just said somethng like i wasnt comfortable with that and walked away. how mortifying!

OMG! He touched your stomach?! Even if you were pregnant you may not appreciate that.

I was wearing some yoga pants that fold over at the top so I'm sure that didn't help me look flatter in the tummy area but I was at the park to exercise so what do I care what I looked like....*sigh* It is freaking mortifying.

I was asked once, and I was lighter then than I am now! Although I felt bad inside, I had a hard time being angry at the sweet lady.

I often think that I look it now. I have a LOT of stomach weight, and not much boobage. So I end up wearing the "babydoll" style blouses often. (Thanks, Lane Bryant, for not carrying anything else more flattering. <_< ) I just try and avoid seeing myself in the mirror now. :(

Yep, happened to me in the bank. The lady that was assisting me asked me when I was due. I told her flat out that I wasn't pregnant, just fat. She was the embarrassed one....I was just annoyed.

Worse, someone asked if I was a boxer or wrestler...

Yep, I was only 19 at the time and a woman complimented me on my great maternity dress. She realized her error (probably from my expression) and stammered an apology.

Many years ago, I was much thinner then than I am now. In line at Disneyland..."I'm sorry ma'am, expectant mothers can't ride this ride...."

Sent from my iPad using VST

I was purchasing a new (NOT MATERNITY) bathing suit and the cashier said "oh my daughter-in-law wore this when she was pregnant too. You will look cute in it". I just gave her a dirty look and walked away.

I also wore a "trapeze tunic" shirt to church once, and some nosy old lady patted my belly and said "is our church family going to get bigger soon?"

Very obvious on both counts what they were trying to say.

I HAVE AND IT PISSED ME OFF. Why? Because I was having a difficult time getting pregnant and required Assisted Reproduction Therapy to do so. Finally my dream of having a child came true and i have been blessed with a son. Thank you JESUS! I was on hormonal replacement much of the beginning of my pregnancy in the form of suppositories to keep my pregnancy ( something I suspect made weight matters WORSE) so when I finally WAS PREGNANT guess what many folks asked next?

ARE YOU HAVING TWINS?

Grrrrrrrr :(

His pediatrician suspects he will be uber tall like 6 foot 4! He looks 3 or 4 in the height department but he's only 1 :) and I am LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF HIM! Handsome too!!! God will provide if you pray hard enough! Only took 7 years but I'm not bitter! :)

I've had that happen at work several times. I'm a nurse and wear scrubs which usually hide a lot, but apparently not. I just say no, I'm just fat. Why should I be embarrassed? The person asking the stupid question or making assumptions should be. Also, the area of nursing I work is labor and delivery. Think about mamas who's babies didn't make it and still look pregnant. Be sensitive and just don't ask. Could you imagine just delivering a fetal demise and then someone asking when you're due or congratulating you? Keep it to yourselves people!!!

I've been asked probably 8-10 times. Most of the time I said no, but once was at the mall and a girl working in the store asked me how far I was on front of like 7 people. I replied "it's a secret, we want it to be a surprise". I was literally dying inside. I do have to admit, my stomach has always been the biggest thing on my body. Thankfully it is half the size it was. But just ignore them, and if you don't know them who cares play along! Just to make yourself feel better. Trust me. I know how you feel.

There is a comedian who says "you don't ask a woman if she is pregnant unless there is an actual baby coming out if her at that moment...and even then, it's dicey" :-)

I had a friend's 4-year-old son ask...

I was asked once I guess. While working at a day are center a 5 yr old and her mother came in. The little girl walked up to me and touched my stomach and says to her mom "she has a big belly mom" and the mom replies "that's because there is a baby in there, how far along are you?". I honestly just stood there, all I could get out was I'm 17! I thought if she heard my age she would know I wasn't pregnant. (These days being 17 doesn't mean much when it comes to how likely it is that you're pregnant or not)

I have had kids several times come up to me and ask me why I had a big belly or why my belly was fat- that's just as awkward.

I was asked by a little girl about 10 mos after I gave birth to my 1st son - I was in a group of people and they just slowly all walked away - i just said no honey, just fat. At that time I wasn't even near 200 lbs. I almost cried - little did I know back then, that I would be much heavier.