Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

first of all, at almost one week out, I am very fortunate so far not to have had any complications or significant issues...that being said, I must confess I am a little worried that I don't feel like I expected to feel...I did not expect to crave food as badly as I do :unsure: ...I had hoped--like many others have posted--that I wouldn't feel hungry and that I wouldn't really have an interest in food...even though I know it isn't the case, I honestly feel like I could eat an entire entree at a restaurant right now...maybe I am just going through a period of mourning of a sort; i.e., grieving my "old" eating habits...I am just venting emotionally right now on here, because I don't think my family and friends would really understand

I was like that with my band but with this revision to sleeve have no hunger. It was rough and I had to get through it, but before you know it your on a more regular diet, getting more Protein, and the hunger gets better. My stomach still gurgled when I went to long with eating but the first month was horrible. Hang in there.

I'm 4 days post-op and find myself craving certain foods (cheese and crackers last night) but the good thing is the sleeve prevents you from returning to old bad habits....

I'm glad that I still have hunger and cravings but also glad to know that when I can eat regular food again some day....I would only be able to eat one or two crackers with cheese instead of half a box...

thanks, ontoanewlife, that is a positive way to look at it...that is what I am hoping for; i.e., one day I can enjoy small portions of some of the foods I love and feel satisfied...I think that is what we all want

I think that the hunger hormone, ghrelin, which was somewhat removed when part of your stomach was removed is still in the body and in the blood. Head hunger accounts for much as well. It will calm down for you more than likely.

thanks, gman ::crossing my fingers::

I'm going through the same thing. My surgery was May 1. I want all of my old foods. Word of advice"Don't"! Just don't. Drink your Water, Soups and soft foods and the cravings will go away. Use the things you can eat. Popsicles. Jellol I'm so sick of Jello. But the Popsicles really help, give you that sugar you're craving. Also the werthers candies. They are low in sugar like 8g. Be careful though, bc too many can cause you to vomit. I hope this helps. It's an adjustment for us all. The point is to retrain ourselves, so we don't return to the unhealthy life we are currently trying to get out of. Hugs.

I was sleeved 11 days ago and for me it was just breaking the HABIT of eating. I was eating the wrong things for so long, that it's almost like quitting cold turkey. Work is the hardest for me as I used to snack all day at my desk. Keeping busy helps, and it will get easier. Good luck, and don't be too hard on yourself. All I do when the urge strikes, it to look at my before picture. Stay strong!! : )

Sent from my iPad using VST

I'm 16 days post op and things do get better when you see the weight coming off. Try having some hope made broth beef or chicken it really makes a difference. Sugarfree pudding is good. All you are feeling is head hunger and you have to learn to know the difference. I'm not going to lie if there is something I really like I've tasted chewed it and spit it out. Sounds gross but you gotta do what you have to do. Goodluck

@tv ...chew and spit...lol....i had that in my head to if in a crunch when my time comes on june 18....and going back to look at my journey book i have been making donde last July....thanks for sharing...

I feel the same way. I'm almost two weeks out and I'm worried because this liquid diet is not satisfying anymore! I am hungry all the time it seems like. But I am hoping that it will get better when I advance my diet next week. I also think part of it is because my stomach is healing and the swelling us less. I can tolerate a half cup now rather than a fourth although it takes me 30/45 minutes to get it down.

thanks for all the helpful feedback...I am still trying to just take one day at a time

Okay don't laugh but in order to get through the first several wks (I'm 8wks out now) I was cooking up a ridiculous storm.....Easter was the Sunday after my surgery and I cooked a five course meal by myself. My husband has seen more gourmet dishes in this two months than in our first six yrs together (and he's loving ur.). I also think it has a lot to do with going to restaurants ANC not being able to eat an entire meal any more. My husband believes meh taste buds were raging so much I have to be around food and Bc I was so soon out of surgery I couldn't have any of it......I can now eat but list the cravings...If I taste while I cook I can't sit and eat until hrs later so I try to slow cook food now.....

first of all' date=' at almost one week out, I am very fortunate so far not to have had any complications or significant issues...that being said, I must confess I am a little worried that I don't feel like I expected to feel...I did not expect to crave food as badly as I do :unsure: ...I had hoped--like many others have posted--that I wouldn't feel hungry and that I wouldn't really have an interest in food...even though I know it isn't the case, I honestly feel like I could eat an entire entree at a restaurant right now...maybe I am just going through a period of mourning of a sort; i.e., grieving my "old" eating habits...I am just venting emotionally right now on here, because I don't think my family and friends would really understand[/quote']

Remember love, u had surgery on your stomach, not your head. I had raging head hunger my first month post op!! It wasn't until I was allowed to be on full diet that it went away. Now, I actually repel the thought of eating! Ur mind will try to overrule what ur stomach really feels and needs.. We have to try our very best to work that out. Trust us, we get ya! And most of us have been thru the very same thing! Hang in there

Agree ^^^^

I definitely feel the same but I can tell the difference and know its head hunger.

I think we are all in the same boat here and totally understand what everyone is going through.

I was sleeved 6 days ago (may 7) and I feel amazing! Next to no pain, losing weight and feeling great.

I really do feel blessed after so many complications with the band and no weight loss.

I have been in the kitchen cooking up a storm. It's great to try new recipes and then put them in teeny tiny containers to freeze!

I still spin out at the fact I will only stomach 150ml of food!