Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been overweight almost my whole life. I've missed out on so much. I have a wonderful gorgeous husband, which I'm always saying looks to good to be with me all fat. We didn't have the wedding I wanted because of the weight. Forget the tropical honeymoon still waiting till I look good enough. Now I have two children and I'm always thinking of fun things to do but... too fat for roller coaster so embarrassing. Wanted to take my mom house back riding but nobody will rent ya a horse if your over 240. I hate it I'm in physical pain daily. Need medication for heartburn anxiety depression back pain... the list is endless when it comes to why I wanna loose weight. And I've tried it all and I'm tried of falling and still being fat. Just hard to think I come to the point where I'm willing to cut part of my stomach out to beat this demon. At least I found a place where others must feel similar.

To your question of "can I do this" I say yes you can.

I just read what you wrote and I could of said most if it myself (and did) before surgery.

I'm doing it, so can you. :)

I say DO IT. I did it. Had all those thoughts! I'm 32 and HAVE NEVER BEEN ON A PLANE. Ever. I might be the only person that I know who hasn't ever been on a plane. I don't want to live my life being "That lady who's too fat". "That lady who's too fat for her plane seat." "That lady who's too fat for the roller coaster." "That lady who had to ask for a different table because she couldn't fit in the restaurant booth." etc, etc...

I'm only 9 days post op, and I have A LONG way to go, but I could cry when I think about how, for the first time in my life, this is going to happen. I'm gonna lose weight! I'm gonna be able to shop for clothes again! I'm gonna be able to cross my legs! I'm gonna be able to do so many things that I would never even THINK of doing because I won't be "That lady who's too fat" anymore.

I say DO IT. DO IT NOW. DO IT WHILE YOU ARE YOUNG. WHILE YOUR KIDS ARE YOUNG. Do ittttttt. :)

I feel the same way, trapped in this body that's holding me back :( hoping this surgery will change my life. I have anxiety and depression too. We CAN do this!!

MaryPrisonSkin - you have come to the right place. I would wager a guess that most of us on here are or were in the same place as you are now. I've lived my adult life on a rollercoaster, not the fun kind. Up and down the scale until finally I'd had enough. It was time to take control of my life and stop missing out. I swore to myself that along with the surgery, I was going to become a Yes woman, just like the movie with Jim Carey. Any time someone asks me to go do something, I'm going to say yes. No more letting my weight stop me from going out and living life. The sleeve enabled me to do that. I'm 40 pounds down since the surgery and can say with complete confidence that it was the best decision of my life. You can do this!

I got to the point where I was tired of the yo-yo dieting...losing 50, gaining 20, etc. Falling off the wagon wasn't just a meal, a day or a few pounds, but a month and 20 pounds. I don't have to rely so much on my own will power. Now my stomach makes the choices for me. I don't regret the surgery for a single second. Weight loss is slower than I thought it would be, but I figure it is because I lost 100 pounds on my own over two years and had already slowed my metabolism by doing so. Inches are coming off faster than the pounds are dropping on the scale. But, like I said, I don't have to rely solely on will power anymore. Good luck. Best life changing choice I have ever made.

I feel the same way! My surgery is scheduled on June 7th & I will be a 'self pay' patient....That's how bad I WANT & NEED this!

Welcome MaryPrisonSkin, WE CAN DO THIS!

I can relate to everything you said. There are so many ways my weight has held me back. The most I seem to be able to lose was 20 pounds. I've been thin in my younger years so its discouraging now to know what I'm missing out on. I'm scheduled for surgery on June 19 and have a lot of doubts also but I keep thinking about how much the quality of my life will improve and it gives me hope. Reading the posts and success stories also helps.

Well, you nailed it - obesity is a demon. And I think you CAN do it. If I can, anyone can. I do not have special powers or abilities or anything. Just some determination and the belief that I can do this! And there are many, many other normal people here who are doing it? I wish this would have been available to me 20 years ago when my kids were little. I missed out on a lifetime of things, and I'm just so happy that I have this opportunity.

Wow! So many kind words and encouragement! Sure beats family lol. Thanks every one of you sweet hearts. I'm going to a weight loss seminar Tuesday. The first step of many to a new life and freedom. And Maybe I can stop praying they'd make an apple body shape pair of panties! ヽ(^。^)ノ