Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So while he will be gaining his 40 pounds back you will be losing, becoming thin and happy and keeping your weight off: hopefully you will LOSE him too! He is an A** H***.

Sounds like there is a strong opinion by a few on how to handle your "excess weight".

I would tell him I'm going to loose more than weight when I kick your A** to the curb!!! What a tool.

It's time to cut the chord on that one!!

I'm in Mexico, resting at the beautiful Marriott after being sleeved on Saturday. I have yet to be robbed, mugged, decapitated or forced to bribe my way out of the grasp of the cartels. It's been a wonderful trip filled with wonderfully kind natives who are all too happy to have the money and reputation that the local surgeons bring! It sounds like this guy is someone that will never support you on a path to what you need. I'm sorry you have to put up with that.

Wow... Sorry don't let anyone bring you down! Easy way out?? Ha!! I am soo glad my surgery is private.

I'm used to hearing this stuff from him so I kind of let it go through one ear and out the other. It doesn't hurt my feelings because its just how he is lol I'm going to Mexico and he won't be told about it until after the fact.

Hi Jess, he's worried you'll get even hotter and realise you can do way better then him! It's pathetic that he used "a car" as a higher priority then your health and happiness... Guys tend to loose easier and hell probably put it back on.... I KNOW this means a lot to you. I'm here now w Kristina relaxing in the Marriott - we have had impeccable service all the way through. Last night I said I was a little nauseous - the coordinator called the dr who called a pharmacy who deliverd me meds in 30 min to the hotel. They really care about you & your recovery. Keep your eye on the prize! Xox

I'm used to hearing this stuff from him so I kind of let it go through one ear and out the other. It doesn't hurt my feelings because its just how he is lol I'm going to Mexico and he won't be told about it until after the fact.

If this is his "normal" way of thinking and says things like this all the time, it's probably a good time to think if this is healthy for you.

I just read a post on Facebook that said, "Don't try to explain yourself to stupid people, you aren't the jackass whisperer" haha

I would tell him I'm going to loose more than weight when I kick your A** to the curb!!! What a tool.

If "tool" means "superdichead" I concur with misstexas!!

I had very similar negative feedback from most people. Luckily my husband was not one of them and has supported me through the whole thing. I think it is scary for other people because they are scared you are going to change and they like the relationship the way it is. And honestly I have changed, I have lost a few friends along the way but mostly all my friends and family can finally see why it was so important to me to lose weight. Finally my weight is not controlling my life, I can got to Disneyland with my kids and go on the rides SAFELY, I can run after my son, I don't feel like I'm always embarrassing my family by being the fat mom/wife and it feels amazing. Through it all I'm not sure what I would have done without my husbands constant support. You need to think about weather this person really wants what's best for you and is just worried or if he is someone who will be running for the hills when you get yourself back because he can't walk all over you anymore. Whatever you do, do what's best for you and don't let all the negative Nancy's get in your way.

I just read a post on Facebook that said, "Don't try to explain yourself to stupid people, you aren't the jackass whisperer" haha

Love this for my bro in law.... hahahahahaha :D

OP.. Yes, sometimes you need to let it go in one ear out the other and yet, sometimes, not. If it was just a friend who said this then for sure, but if it was coming from someone you're considering spending the rest of your life with.. Then perhaps he needs to be set straight. Or like I like to call it.. "Enlightened" to what's up and what's going to happen with or without his support. So to make life easier for both of you he either gets on the band wagon or shuts up all together. We can't ever expect our SO to agree with every single thing we decide on.. But we can expect them to respect what we decide. Good luck and keep on your mission