Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Submitted... Now the waiting game begins!

Priority Health here. Submitted on a Thurs. Approved on Monday. They said 7-10 business days.

I had my psyche eval on Thursday. After she fax paperwork to my coordinator she'll submit to insurance. I'm hoping to hear something soon

Hi All! Newbie here. I received my approval the same day as the submittal. I have BCBS MI. I am excited to say my Surgery date is September 23rd. Good luck to everyone.

I just got the call - APPROVED!!!! I am beyond relieved and excited :) They said they'll call me tomorrow morning to schedule surgery since I'm done all of the Pre-op tests and evaluations except part 2 of the sleep study (which I have scheduled for this Wednesday) and Pre-admission testing... Did I mention how relieved I am, lol?!??

I found out last Monday that my insurance Co never received the initial submission from match 20. They did receive an inquiry and 2nd request on may 3' date=' which then gives them 10 days to process it, so they should have made a decision by this past Friday...I am going to call the insurance Co tomorrow for the result since the surgeon did not call me Friday. You might want to call your insurance Co directly to be SURE they received it so you don't wait 2 months like I did Just to find out they never got it....wish me luck, say a prayer for me that I get an approval tomorrow!![/quote']

Did you hear anything? Said an extra prayer for you and have you in my thoughts - hope you get good news soon!

Did you hear anything? Said an extra prayer for you and have you in my thoughts - hope you get good news soon!

I got a denial, they claimed the clinical notes were not in the 50+ pages that were sent! The notes the list my bmi, and say medically necessary....they were in there.....Surgeon resent them with the appeal today...bcbs said can take up to 30 MORE DAYS!! I am SO FRUSTRATED!! Thanks for the prayer and for asking though....

I got a denial' date=' they claimed the clinical notes were not in the 50+ pages that were sent! The notes the list my bmi, and say medically necessary....they were in there.....Surgeon resent them with the appeal today...bcbs said can take up to 30 MORE DAYS!! I am SO FRUSTRATED!! Thanks for the prayer and for asking though....[/quote']

I'd be finding a new surgeon. Sounds like too many things are falling through the cracks for you. :(

I got a denial' date=' they claimed the clinical notes were not in the 50+ pages that were sent! The notes the list my bmi, and say medically necessary....they were in there.....Surgeon resent them with the appeal today...bcbs said can take up to 30 MORE DAYS!! I am SO FRUSTRATED!! Thanks for the prayer and for asking though....[/quote']

I'm really sorry to hear that :( at least it looks like it was a matter of missing documentation and not a denial based upon the criteria not being met. I know it stinks either way but at least there's a good possibility you'll get approved... Hang in there!!

My surgeon's office gave me a list of everything that is required. I bought a binder and organized everything in order to submit to the insurance carrier. I also included a picture of my family so they know that I am human and what I fighting for. I was blessed. Bcbs approved me in less than 48 hrs. They normally take up to 2 wks.

My case worker was God sent.

I'd be finding a new surgeon. Sounds like too many things are falling through the cracks for you. :(

I have come too far to start over now and in Tampa this is the only one my insurance will allow....

Good luck! Depending on who your insurance is' date=' it could take just a few days. I have United through UMR and we had a decision in less than a week.[/quote']

I might switch to United Healthcare at open enrollment to avoid problems like I am currently having, in the future.....who knows what they might do though....

My approval took about a month' date=' I have Aetna.[/quote']

How are you posting directly without quoting someone?? I can't figure that out...I am using my phone app...

My surgeon's office gave me a list of everything that is required. I bought a binder and organized everything in order to submit to the insurance carrier. I also included a picture of my family so they know that I am human and what I fighting for. I was blessed. Bcbs approved me in less than 48 hrs. They normally take up to 2 wks.

My case worker was God sent.

You and many others on here were very lucky.....I may have been better off and apparently more thorough if I had submitted everything myself....I did the same, have everything in a binder but the insurance Co did not get everything I gave to the surgeons office I guess, so I got declined...they are resubmitting it with other info today.....wish me luck!

Priority Health here. Submitted on a Thurs. Approved on Monday. They said 7-10 business days.

Damn, that's really fast!! You are very lucky!!