Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on 12/27/12, I am a little over 4 mo post op. I have lost 63 lbs, I am thrilled!!!! However, I am at the inevitable stall. I have read the forums and I know this too shall pass, BUT my concern is - I am scared of food. As time passes I can eat more than I could 2 months ago or even last month. Now, logic tells me that is good, that's how this should work- and I am not eating anywhere NEAR what I used too. 2 more bites is not a lot, but I guess there is this other side of me that thinks uh-oh... 2 more bites today, 4 more tmrw, a whole serving next week. I am scared I will gain or just perma-stall and maintain. This week I have gone back to Protein Shakes and Protein focus- which has always been there, but being more regimented about it. So, I guess my question is - did y'all experience this fear of food? This fear that you will over eat again? Like an alcoholic, one drink leads to chaos. I fear that will be me with food. Again, logic tells me that will not happen- we physically cannot fit that much food in there! But still...any feedback appreciated. :-)

Yes I do and I was sleeved the same day as you :D , I think we can eat more now is cause we are all healed and our swelling has gone down, I think if you just keep tracking and keep doing what you are doing you be fine the stalls happen and they will continue to happen you just need to keep your chin up and keep doing what you know is right and you will get there

I was sleeved on 12/27/12' date=' I am a little over 4 mo post op. I have lost 63 lbs, I am thrilled!!!! However, I am at the inevitable stall. I have read the forums and I know this too shall pass, BUT my concern is - I am scared of food. As time passes I can eat more than I could 2 months ago or even last month. Now, logic tells me that is good, that's how this should work- and I am not eating anywhere NEAR what I used too. 2 more bites is not a lot, but I guess there is this other side of me that thinks uh-oh... 2 more bites today, 4 more tmrw, a whole serving next week. I am scared I will gain or just perma-stall and maintain. This week I have gone back to Protein shakes and Protein focus- which has always been there, but being more regimented about it. So, I guess my question is - did y'all experience this fear of food? This fear that you will over eat again? Like an alcoholic, one drink leads to chaos. I fear that will be me with food. Again, logic tells me that will not happen- we physically cannot fit that much food in there! But still...any feedback appreciated. :-)[/quote']

I know what you mean, me too! Mine was done 12/21/12, I'm down 44, so your doing better than I, lets pray that never happens again! We have to keep our eye on the prize! :)

Omg I soooo know where you're coming from! I was sleeved 1/15 and I have been thinking this same thing. I'm in a stall right now and I've been freaking myself out! I swear I'm gaining weight even tho the scale doesn't say that my head does. and the past few days I'm battling feeling depressed thinking this is it, I've lost 80lbs, end of the road. I average about 1000 calories a day and I'm wondering if I'm eating too much or it enough or what! I've been going back to basics this last week, drinking lots of Water and increasing Protein and exercise. My hunger has come back a lot and so now I'm battling that too. Sad that 1000 calories to me sounds like a lot! Lol! I'm sure it will pass, I'm really sticking to eating Protein first to keep that satisfied feeling longer. All we can do is keep on it and wait it out.

On a side note, I'm thinking about making an appt with the therapist at my drs office. I think at almost 4 months out, all these changes in my body, eating, stalling etc I feel so overwhelmed I just feel like I need to check in with someone professional ya know? Just to talk it out and see if it helps put things in better perspective.

Omg I soooo know where you're coming from! I was sleeved 1/15 and I have been thinking this same thing. I'm in a stall right now and I've been freaking myself out! I swear I'm gaining weight even tho the scale doesn't say that my head does. and the past few days I'm battling feeling depressed thinking this is it, I've lost 80lbs, end of the road. I average about 1000 calories a day and I'm wondering if I'm eating too much or it enough or what! I've been going back to basics this last week, drinking lots of Water and increasing Protein and exercise. My hunger has come back a lot and so now I'm battling that too. Sad that 1000 calories to me sounds like a lot! Lol! I'm sure it will pass, I'm really sticking to eating Protein first to keep that satisfied feeling longer. All we can do is keep on it and wait it out.

On a side note, I'm thinking about making an appt with the therapist at my drs office. I think at almost 4 months out, all these changes in my body, eating, stalling etc I feel so overwhelmed I just feel like I need to check in with someone professional ya know? Just to talk it out and see if it helps put things in better perspective.

ME TOO!!! OH MY GOSH... well not really, a stall but the same fear because i'm nearing that point where most people get stuck and don't loose as much or as fast. i've been loosing 1 to 2 lbs a week, this week i didn't loose anything. so i know my time is coming. I too find that i can eat more, faster and I'm beyond scared, i'm freaked out about it. I go to a monthly meeting but I think I need to get with a counselor or someone, one on one. Hang in there. let's all support each other.

Thanks folks- at least know I am not alone! I appreciate you sharing. MrsG, I am with you- thinking of talking to someone as well. Perhaps I will call my dr office too.

Definitely- we should be there for each other! 110% agree!!!!