Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Dear {{Genlywind}}: Welcome to this great site...you will like it here if you get banded or not. I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your son. You sound like a great person with so much strength who can cope with life and keep his love in your heart forever. Keep up posted on your progress....glad you don't have to jump through the insurance "hoops"!

Snappy ...great to hear the easy time you are having! Gives us pre banded hope and courage!

Note to self: STOP eating the left over HALOWEEN CANDY....your going to go into insulin shock!!!!

Hi Gentylwind, I am so sorry about the loss of your son, I cannot begin to imagine what that must have felt like ((hug))

You are going into this surgery with exactly the right attitude, I am sure that it will work really well for you.

I on the other hand went on an all inclusive holiday 3 weeks before my band was put in - ehem - shall we say that it was a fond and lengthy farewell to all my favorite foods *blush*

Baby - I hope that your band has loosened up a bit, I havent had a fill yet, but although not being able to eat is sure going to help that weight fly off, I should imagine it is a nightmare to go through! Is it normally tight just after for you?

Dreik - Oooooh Ben and Jerrys, makes me goes all strange at the knees!! I am trying to avoid it like mad at the moment, but all the kids are on half term and the house is filled with goodies- its torture!! I have got to be at about 159 by christmas so hopefully we can keep an eye on each other :)

Hi to everyone else and thanks for the advice you posted regarding carbs, they are soooooo my weakness!!!

On the subject of carbs...Does anyone else have a problem when they cut down the Protein a bit and start introducing carbs? I put on 2lbs with no higher calorie intake, just a greater proportion of carbs ( I am on soft stage and I was getting sick of omlette and fish *sigh*) I tried introducing Pasta and when I got on the scales the day after I nearly passed out!!!

Nina x

That was was was frustrating!!! I was not able to eat much but was not losing either. Eventually after some time of not eating enough, the metabolism starts to slow down. I just get tight like this the week before and during my TOM, so 2 weeks out of the month I am super tight. The other 2, I still have to watch it and usually mildly slime on almost everything. I am taking a supplement that has helped increase my metabolism so I am close to goal now!!

Hi Everyone,

I don't talk much, but I read all the time.

Got banded May 29th, 2007 and I've only lost about 12lbs.

I live in the Caribbean and I have NOOOOOO support here...wish I had gotten banded when I lived in the US.

I'm off the wagon and just need some encouragement. I have one fill 1cc and I started freaking out because my hair (natural, curly and thick) started falling out in PATCHES!!!!!!! I got scared, depressed and started eating. BIG SUPRISE, huh?

I paid $10k outta pocket to get Lap Band and I can't turn back now.

With the encouragement of my family, I did complete a 10k recently. I do exercise, but not regularly.

That's my story...I got Unjury and I'm ready to eat right. Any suggestions as to a sample menu in a day?

HELP...

:(

Hi Everyone,

I don't talk much, but I read all the time.

Got banded May 29th, 2007 and I've only lost about 12lbs.

I live in the Caribbean and I have NOOOOOO support here...wish I had gotten banded when I lived in the US.

I'm off the wagon and just need some encouragement. I have one fill 1cc and I started freaking out because my hair (natural, curly and thick) started falling out in PATCHES!!!!!!! I got scared, depressed and started eating. BIG SUPRISE, huh?

I paid $10k outta pocket to get Lap Band and I can't turn back now.

With the encouragement of my family, I did complete a 10k recently. I do exercise, but not regularly.

That's my story...I got Unjury and I'm ready to eat right. Any suggestions as to a sample menu in a day?

HELP...

:)

It is normal to have some Hair loss. They say the body goes into shock, but it will grow back!:biggrin1:

Just try to stick to the bandster rules as closely as possible. Protein first, veggies then maybe a healthy carb.

This is a good place to come and get support since we all know what each other is going through!

I know for me, that daily, or almost daily accountability is very important. We tend to really let go when we are not accountable to anyone!:(

Don't be a stranger!!!

Audree

Audree, you look fabulous! I wish my stomach was that flat!

I'm so bummed...my ins is still denied. I got the initial denail on 10/19 and started the appeals process right away that night by phone. The ins rep I talked to said he could take my verbal and send me a packet of info to file the rest as written. Unfortunately (VERY), he "accidentally" submitted it as complete, so it was denied AGAIN on 10/26. I about flipped out when the surgeon's office called and told me. I mean, how can it be denied when I haven't filed yet?

SO - yesterday I got back on the phone with the ins co and raised a little heck. They won't re-open it, but told me to file a second-level appeal. I'm in process of doing so, and I'm enlisting the help of obestity adovcates in CA to see if they'll be able to help. It's expensive ($500-1000), but still way cheaper than self-pay, so worth a try.

I'm sooooo nervous that I'll be denied again and SOL. Please think happy thoughts for me! of course, the stress is building, so I'm eating more, so maybe I'll cross into 40 BMI after all - but UGH I don't want to go there!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Audrey You Look Great. Still waiting , Ive decided to go to Dr. Ortiz. Did you go to him for your fills? What would you suggest? I cant hardly wait. Their supposed to call and make an offer this week be praying the money will come before X-mas. Well keep up the good work.

Hi Everyone...Audree you look great! We still have to get together! I had a fill by a dr here and he was awful. So....when I need another I will come to TJ so I will let you know. Congrats!!!!! xox

Hey Audrey You Look Great. Still waiting , Ive decided to go to Dr. Ortiz. Did you go to him for your fills? What would you suggest? I cant hardly wait. Their supposed to call and make an offer this week be praying the money will come before X-mas. Well keep up the good work.

Yes, I do have him as my fill doctor. I have gone for 3 fills and am at 3 cc's in a 4 cc band. I would suggest going back to him if you can. He always does it under fluero and they are a little more aggressive than they are here. I would suggest doing the toast test afterwards. After getting filled, they give me a piece of dry toast to see if I can pass it. Then depending on how I feel, I ask them to see is under fluero again to see how the food is passing through the band. So than I have the choice to add or take out, at no extra cost.

Hi Everyone...Audree you look great! We still have to get together! I had a fill by a dr here and he was awful. So....when I need another I will come to TJ so I will let you know. Congrats!!!!! xox

What happened??

Are you okay?

Hello All,

I haven't posted in a while and haven't really kept up with the thread because this past year has been a whirlwind of activity. Anyways, things have slowed down for me a bit and I thought I'd get back into this.

I am definitely a slow loser. I was banded a year ago and my bmi was 36. Today it is 30 and I've lost 35 lbs and still have 36 more to go. At first I was really disappointed in my weight loss because it was so slow. I thought the problem was me.

I started paying close attention to my weight loss and realized I have a weight loss pattern. I lose consistently between 2 - 2.5 lbs per month. It seems that I waiver for a two or three weeks with my weight fluctuating up and down one to two pounds, then after the third week, it stabilizes and those two or three pounds will suddenly go away and the scale will stay that way for another two to three weeks, then the cycle repeats itself. I think that's just the way my body sheds the weight and I'm happy with it.

I look and feel so much better than I did this time last year, and the year just flew by, so I am more than happy knowing that at the rate I am losing it will take another year to reach goal.

Anyways, I guess what I wanted to say was don't get discouraged. Pay attention to your weight loss and see if you recognize some sort of pattern. Once I realized what was going on, I felt a lot better about myself and knew I could do it.

Good luck to you all.