Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

went and got passport finally taken care of,the fastest I can get it is 4 to 6 weeks. By then money should be here. Its been along wait for me.

Bikergirl360 do you feel anything as far as fuller faster yet?

This has to be normal - maybe we are just brave enough to post it. I plan to be good tomorrow. I hope I can do it - I have 3 weeks before a fill - I may call the office and tell them - but I didn't get this band to have to still pop pills - I may use all my OTC appetite suppresants that I have to get rid of them - maybe they will work since I have a smaller pouch. I have these pills called Accelis that you are suppose to take at night and they are suppose to help burn fat while you sleep. We'll see!!!:notagree :notagree

I don't know. I had nothing but liquids for the first 3 weeks. The last week that I was supposed to be on liquids I did cheat a little. I had a piece of turkey breast luncheon meat, and a piece of grilled fish. Both were on the mushie list. The liquid diet took away my craving for sweets. I was very heavily warned by the dr. and the nurse about damaging the band and the stomach if I didn't follow doctor's orders. It made me afraid to cheat. He said probblems wouldn't show up right away, but could later on down the road.

I have now hit 50 lbs lost! Wow, this week has really been IT for me as far as weight loss goes.

According to my scale, I had plateaued. Now I know that the battery was bad, and I was probably losing but the scale wasn't reading it right. So, today I was 146 which puts me at exactly 50 lbs. That is a LOT of weight on a 5' 2" frame!

Oh yeah, someone at work told me that people are REALLY talking about how much weight I have lost. Some are having a hard time believe that I am doing it by dieting and exercising. They think I am taking some drugs or something. I thought it was kind of funny, but I did make sure to let a few people know that I am NOT taking drugs.

Oh yeah, another thing that is really helping in keeping the scale moving, or getting moving again, is that I have really, really upped the exercise. DH and I are training for a half marathon. So, we have added walking for 6 miles 3 days a week to our schedule. It takes us about 97 minutes to walk the whole thing.

So my exercise schedule now looks like this:

Swimming 45- 60 minutes Monday- Saturday (6 days a week about 600 calories a day burned)

Walking about 97 minutes Sunday, Wednesday, Friday (about 450 calories burned)

Pilaties Fridays only about 250 calories burned

Yoga Mondays and Thursdays about 250 calories burned

I am feeling GREAT. Lots of energy most days.

Oh yeah, I also cut out ALL liquid calories. That means no more mochas in the morning, no more hot coffees in the afternoon, no more alcohol in the evenings (except on a rare occasion). :(

I have started drinking green tea at work, hot because it seems like I am ALWAYS cold. OF course the rain where we are doesn"T help much.

This has to be normal - maybe we are just brave enough to post it. I plan to be good tomorrow. I hope I can do it - I have 3 weeks before a fill - I may call the office and tell them - but I didn't get this band to have to still pop pills - I may use all my OTC appetite suppresants that I have to get rid of them - maybe they will work since I have a smaller pouch. I have these pills called Accelis that you are suppose to take at night and they are suppose to help burn fat while you sleep. We'll see!!!:notagree :notagree

You are so not alone! The post op diet is definately the hardest and I'm sure we have all cheated. I know I definately have. Just get back to eating what you're supposed to and go from there. I just wanted to say you are brave for posting that because I'm sure there are many in the same boat, whether they will admit it on here or not.

You're doing great.

I just have to shout to the world!!!!!!! I am almost at my surgeons goal! Less than 10 lbs, (but I want to lose to 135). Slow or fast you CAN get there!!!!

I just wanted to drop in and say HELLO to everyone!! :)

My name's Christina ....it's nice to 'meet' you ALL!! :mad:

I'v been lurking here for a few weeks now...everyone has had such great success with their band, CONGRADS to you all!! Reading all of the stories and what you all have gone through gives me a lot of hope!!

I have not been banded...but I have decided that it is what I want to do. This forum has helped me a great deal in understanding life with the band and in helping me decide if I think it is right for me.

I am going to talk to my doctor on monday about starting the process for the surgery. I am just kinda nervous that my doc is going to say I am not a good canidate or something. I am also a lower BMI at about 37. I am 5'6" and weigh 226. I have about 80lbs to loose. I have hypertension, severe lower back pain and chronic gerd (just the highlights of my weight problems, ha). Anyways....I am nervous that my insurance will not cover my surgery...I have blue cross blue shield of wny and I also have Univera Healthcare (im from buffalo, ny by the way!). So having two insurances does kind of give me a better chance I HOPE!

Well i'll be off now....any opinions or feedback would be wonderful!! :)

Have a great night everyone!!

-Christina:kiss2:

Christina,

Good luck with your insurance company!

Erin, glad to see you here... I think this is your first post.

Lianna, YOU are ROCKIN' it with your weight loss. You have me motivated tonight!

Bikergirl, stick with it. You can do it with the liquids, mushies, etc.

Decked out,

Yay you! I am so glad you have already lost 50 lbs. How great do you feel? I know usually when the scale it wrong, it is in the wrong direction. I bet that was awesome getting on there and finding out you had lost weight! A nice surprise.

I just wanted to drop in and say HELLO to everyone!! :girl_hug:

My name's Christina ....it's nice to 'meet' you ALL!! :girl_hug:

I'v been lurking here for a few weeks now...everyone has had such great success with their band, CONGRADS to you all!! Reading all of the stories and what you all have gone through gives me a lot of hope!!

I have not been banded...but I have decided that it is what I want to do. This forum has helped me a great deal in understanding life with the band and in helping me decide if I think it is right for me.

I am going to talk to my doctor on monday about starting the process for the surgery. I am just kinda nervous that my doc is going to say I am not a good canidate or something. I am also a lower BMI at about 37. I am 5'6" and weigh 226. I have about 80lbs to loose. I have hypertension, severe lower back pain and chronic gerd (just the highlights of my weight problems, ha). Anyways....I am nervous that my insurance will not cover my surgery...I have blue cross blue shield of wny and I also have Univera Healthcare (im from buffalo, ny by the way!). So having two insurances does kind of give me a better chance I HOPE!

Well i'll be off now....any opinions or feedback would be wonderful!! :girl_hug:

Have a great night everyone!!

-Christina:kiss2:

This is an easy response:

Call your insurance companies and point blank ask them if it is a covered benefit and what requirements (if any) do they have.

I can't imagine your Dr. not being excited about you wanting a healthier you.

I called my insurance and got a nasty e-mail from the department head and was told they would only talk to the doctor.

I sent one right back telling them I wanted to make sure I could pursue surgery or was it a waste of my time since I had a BMI of 37.

Linda:mad:

I just have to shout to the world!!!!!!! I am almost at my surgeons goal! Less than 10 lbs, (but I want to lose to 135). Slow or fast you CAN get there!!!!

:clap2:

Congratulations !!:clap2:

You must be so excited! Can you share some of your success with us? For instance, what are some of your favorite things to eat (things that don't give you trouble) How many fills in relation to weight loss? I am very discouraged, because I only have one fill, but food gets stuck all the time. I am afraid to get another fill, but I want to lose weight. People say not to drink liquid calories, but I drink slim fast every morning. I have to put benefiber in something because there is very little Fiber in the diet my dr. told me to follow-70% Protein and 30% fruits and veggies.

If you could share how you did this, I am sure you would be a big help to all of us. Your goal weight is similar to mine, but I would thrilled even to get to 155. I started at 215 and have only lost 22 lbs and 20 of it was during the 4 weeks on liquids.

lisanjason,

Do you have before and after pics? I am being banded March 30th and am on the lower end like you were to start.

Hey Denise! I took my fills very slowly. I got 1cc for the first one, and up to 1.5cc at the second. After that about every 2 months, or 20 lbs lost or so, I would get a .2cc fill... 1.7 then 1.9 by July 06. I like looser restriction so that I can eat the widest variety of foods... In February this year I was still only at 1.9ccs in my band and had almost no restriction left. I got a fill under flouro and they added up to 3ccs and then backed down to 2.7ccs. So I basically have been riding the last 6-8 months on healthy choices as much as the band. I have always been a Breakfast skipper, but my Nut insists that the body must have around 200-250 calories in the morning to keep the metabolism steady... so I have always have a Protein Shake now. lunch at work is almost always a Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones. I find the ones that come with broccoli instead of rice or Pasta. Occasionally a salad with tuna or canned chicken breast on it. I keep things simple and easy. dinner is just whatever meat we fix and some veggies. I eat fat free cottage cheese a lot for a snack.....1/2 c has only 80 calories and 12g Protein (i think it is a perfect snack) I like it with a spoon of sugarfree Orange marmalade stirred in! I am also a veggie freak now! I love zuchinni, broccoli, asparagus, okra, squash, cabbage, stirfry, etc... and keep packages in the freezer at all times so it is always easy to come up with something to go with dinner that is good for me AND DH! I guess I basically just follow the band rules, with the execption of preferring looser restriction.