Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

Hey Deckedout,

For some reason I thought you were a teacher? Did you have to do Saturday detention? Or am I confused?

Either way I hope you have some fun time this weekend...

Denise: pouch dialation is when your pouch stretches out. It usually happens when you eat too much. This is one of the reasons why we don't eat right after a fill and during the first few weeks after surgery.

Karyn: my fill doc requires one day of liquid, one day of mushies, and then back to solids as long as they are tolerated.

Hope everyone is going to have a fun weekend. I have to work tomorrow, so someone should have extra fun just for me!

Jane, Do you know how you know if you have stretched out your pouch?

When I was on my liquid stage, I was only supposed to drink 3 oz but I had more than that., because on the 3 oz I was still hungry all the time. Plus this past week right after I had my fill, I went to visit my dad and he didn't know I had the surgery. It was very hard to eat around him and I probably ate more than I should have this past week. My doctor said I only had to be on liquids for one day after the fill. It was a week before I left to see my dad and I was doing really well with only eating tiny portions. But while I was gone, I am sure I over ate. Do you think I stretched out my pouch? How would I know? Thanks, Denise

Audree, How are you doing? Do you feel like you have a lot more restriction now?

Susan,

Yes, I am a teacher. I had a training class today. All about bringin Pre-AP to my 6th graders! Have to make AYP! Really, I love teaching and working toward higher and higher standards for my kiddos. My students do more than what I was doing in 8th grade. I love teaching!

Denise: I'm not really sure how you know if you are dialated. Dr. C has said not to really worry about it in the first 6 months, because it takes that long to develop. I think it has to do with eating way past being full, like drinking Water to eat more. I'm not really sure though. I don't think drinking a little extra puts you at risk. It is more of an every day type thing.

That is one of the reasons it is so important to do our best to follow the rules, even though we don't really understand why we have to follow all of them. My DH didn't think it was to terribly important to follow the drinking while eating rule. He was losing weight quite well, then it stopped. Well, he tried the rule, before getting a new fill (I think he is at about 9 in a 10cc band) anyway, he had dropped anoher 5 lbs in a week by following that rule only. He still isn't even exercising on a regular basis and has lost 83 lbs since July! Of course, he is NOT a lower BMI bandster, starting out around 48 BMI.

Just to say, it is important to follow the rules in order to keep your band as safe as possible.

Thanks Jane. I am really happy to be back in Oregon. Even if it is warmer in Arizona, I really miss the Pacific NW where it's green everywhere. I don't like seeing rocks and gravel instead of grass for front lawns.

It will be a lot easier now to follow the rules now that I don't have to worry about eating with an 88 year old very stubborn father that wants to eat dinner out every night.

You and your husband have both done very well with losing. It's great that you are able to do this together!

Denise:

I didn't realize you were in Oregon. Where abouts? I'm in Vancouver, WA not BC.

Weather today is awful. Cold 40, and raining buckets! I am sick of rain. but, I'm with you, I LOVE the green. Last Saturday it was sunny and warm so hubby and I went walking on the river. It was great. But, now it is back to the rain.

Hi Everyone! You are very inspiring.

Thanks for the link Audree and congrats on your fill. I am glad your hubby went with you. I will probably go again in April and take hubby too. Maybe we can hook up. I will let you know when I have more details. Glad you are doing well! I din't get restriction for a couple weeks after my fill, but believe me, I have restriction! I am not complaining! xoox

Hey Bandiva! How does one not get restriction for 2 weeks? I don't understand. I do have restriction, don't feel as hungry, but like this morning I was able to eat 4 pieces of turkey bacon and 2 scrambled eggs. So, can I expect to have more restriction kick in in two weeks?

I would be due for another fill in April too. Dr. Romero said 8 weeks from Feb. 21 if I could eat more. Maybe we can scheule them at the same time and make a weekend out of it!

How did your restriction feel in the beginning and then how did it change after 2 weeks? Thanks!!!:)

Audree, How are you doing? Do you feel like you have a lot more restriction now?

I am not sure. I was able to eat 4 slices of turkey bacon and 2 scrambled eggs for Breakfast. I had no pain or discomfort, but felt full. Seems like that isn't too much restriction. So, should more restriction kick in in a couple weeks?

Denise, I asked Tersigni if, after the first few days, I could have fewer meals and more ozs at each (during liquid phase) and he said it wasn't a problem. So, I'm thinking that shouldn't have caused a problem. From the instructions they gave us, I also thought we had to stick to just three oz of liquid per meal but I think they just meant the first few days and then, later, with solids.

IMHO, of course

Hi I was banded 2/16 with a BMI of 35. So far so good no real side effects except for loss of appetite. It is really hard for me to get Protein Shakes and fluids down because I am just not hungry. I am at the mushies stage now and still no appetite. But everyone says it will slowly return. My surgeon told me that the lower your BMI the slower your weight loss. I started at 219. Day of surgery 209 and because its only been about 10 days post op I have not gotten on the scale. My first post op appt with the Dr is tomorrow so I will know my weight then. ? how do you attached the weight scale from TickeyFactory.com to your posts. Thanks and keep in touch.

Denise:

I didn't realize you were in Oregon. Where abouts? I'm in Vancouver, WA not BC.

Weather today is awful. Cold 40, and raining buckets! I am sick of rain. but, I'm with you, I LOVE the green. Last Saturday it was sunny and warm so hubby and I went walking on the river. It was great. But, now it is back to the rain.

I live on the Oregon Coast, in the Coos Bay-North Bend area. It seems like this has been the coldest winter since I moved here from the midwest 30 years ago. I'd still rather have rain than snow though. I saw all that snow they were getting a couple of weeks ago and once again I was very glad I moved here. I love Oregon.

I am not sure. I was able to eat 4 slices of turkey bacon and 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast. I had no pain or discomfort, but felt full. Seems like that isn't too much restriction. So, should more restriction kick in in a couple weeks?

I don't know Audree. I don't think at this point I want to have any more put in there because I have been having a lot of trouble with food getting stuck. From what I have heard and read from others, it's better to spread the fills out than to get too tight. It really hurts when the food gets stuck. Don't they say the way to tell if you need a fill is if you get hungry again pretty quickly?

I actually am thinking about doing a few days on liquids because I am tired of food getting stuck.

Hi I was banded 2/16 with a BMI of 35. So far so good no real side effects except for loss of appetite. It is really hard for me to get Protein Shakes and fluids down because I am just not hungry. I am at the mushies stage now and still no appetite. But everyone says it will slowly return. My surgeon told me that the lower your BMI the slower your weight loss. I started at 219. Day of surgery 209 and because its only been about 10 days post op I have not gotten on the scale. My first post op appt with the Dr is tomorrow so I will know my weight then. ? how do you attached the weight scale from TickeyFactory.com to your posts. Thanks and keep in touch.

I have lost 20 pounds since being banded. My doctor told me that I can lose faster if I stick to the rules. I have always had an appetite,so you are lucky.

Go to tickerfactory.com cut and paste the first choice from img to img and than go to the User CP on the top of the lapband toolbar and paste to your signiture line.

Congrats on the weight loss!!