Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

It's here. I was coming from my kids school and I saw the mailman at the end of our cul-d-sac. I didn't even pull my car all the way in the garage. I messed around in the garage until he got to my box...I stalked him as he put my mail in and drove to the stop sign...then I pounced on that mailbox like it was my last meal. There it was UHC and my name..ignoring all other mail I opened it - You are approved. Thank you - THANK YOU MAILMAN!!! Then I called the Dr. office (wanting to fax this to them - don't want to waste anymore time), however; I got the answering service. Oh well - I will make a copy and carry it around in my car - I'm almost banded!!!!

I just got my first fill today and doing liquids for 3 days. I was curious if anyone out there has done more than liquids the 3 days after a fill.

I have a girls weekend and we are going to do Mexican food tomorrow night...I know that it is going to KILL me to not be able to eat chips and salsa!! I know I should stick to the liquids, just curious if anyone cheated!!

I was also put on liquids for 3 days. Today is my third. I have noticed that some were able to have mushies that day and solids the next day. I have heard two reasons for the liquid diet after a fill. One said to get the weight moving again and to let the stomach adjust to being messed with. I did have some Tortilla Soup a few hours after the fill and chewed the Beans and corn really well. I did get full really fast and had an uncomfortable feeling in my chest like I hadn't felt even after sugery. I had hummus yesterday afternoon and could have only a little and had some pressure in my chest.

We are all different though. If you must, I think I'd test it out with beans at home first or something mushy to see how that goes. You don't want to ruin your night out with getting sick and pbing.

I remember going out one night and not wanting to because i knew I could not eat and felt it wasn't even worth it, but then I thought how sad that my life revoved around food so much and I knew I had to change my mentality.

I try to focus more on the company now and enjoy all the other aspects of going out. There still are some yummy things we can eat. I was able to eat anything. But now that I have a fill, I have to test all foods out all over again.

Hope you have a good time!

It's here. I was coming from my kids school and I saw the mailman at the end of our cul-d-sac. I didn't even pull my car all the way in the garage. I messed around in the garage until he got to my box...I stalked him as he put my mail in and drove to the stop sign...then I pounced on that mailbox like it was my last meal. There it was UHC and my name..ignoring all other mail I opened it - You are approved. Thank you - THANK YOU MAILMAN!!! Then I called the Dr. office (wanting to fax this to them - don't want to waste anymore time), however; I got the answering service. Oh well - I will make a copy and carry it around in my car - I'm almost banded!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!:clap2:

OK, Now it's all down hill from now??? I bought new batteries for my camera so I will be taking my before pictures. I want one in a bathing suit I wore LAST summer - a dress my husband bought me and a workout outfit. I will take my measurements so when I don't loose pounds I can reflect on my inches. As long as the scale/measurments do go in a negative way I will be ok. I will no longer be a victim of food - I will take control of my life, instead of my life controlling me. I will keep a food journal for a minimum of 3 months. I will exercise a minimum of 30 mins a day. I am so ready for this. Reality is setting IN!!!!

Toqu,

I can eat a lot myself. I know to some degree we need to be patient which I am not. How do you feel about your weight loss so far?

I lost 10lbs on the liquid phase but have gained back 5 so far. I am kind of bummed about it but I also am eating well over 2000 calories a day so I have no expectation to lose weight eating like that. I don't really think doing liquids jump starts my weight loss. I think it makes me really hungry, lol.

I am getting my first fill tomorrow. I do feel I have some restriction but I hope after the fill tomorrow I feel more restricted. I notice that like most people I am pretty tight in the a.m. and then I am able to eat more as the day goes on. I kind of wish it was in reverse, that I could eat more in the a.m. and less at night.

I have trouble with a lot of different foods, especially in the a.m. but also at lunch and sometimes even dinner. I was driving to work today eating Breakfast and I was taking really small bites and really nibbling. I kind of felt like I finally have some sense of control over how fast I am eating. Although sometimes when I am hungry it is really hard to take such small bites. I want to gobble everything up.

I feel I could have lost more by now but I had a hard time not drinking w/or after my meals. (still struggling a little w/ that now) Also, eating starches. I can do well with a lot of planning ahead, but I haven't been doing that either. Most of my meals are spur of the moment or what ever is available. I am eating a lot less just not the right stuff obviously.

Congratulations! that is wonderful news! I hope everything goes as well for you as it did for me. I have had cavities filled that were more painful than geting banded. We will all be here to support you while you're on your liquid diet after you're banded. AGAiN Congratualtions!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Thank you guys so much - I feel like giving a group hug - I'm hoping to be banded before we go camping - I think the walking around the park and running behind the kids will be great excercise. I will be gone from 3/11-3/14. I can't wait.

Thank you guys so much - I feel like giving a group hug - I'm hoping to be banded before we go camping - I think the walking around the park and running behind the kids will be great excercise. I will be gone from 3/11-3/14. I can't wait.

Your almost there!!!:clap2:

Veronica: congratulations. That is fantastic. You sound like you have your head on straight about the weight loss. Take those pictures, but make sure not to lose them (we lost ours), they will be shocking to you.

Denise: pouch dialation is when your pouch stretches out. It usually happens when you eat too much. This is one of the reasons why we don't eat right after a fill and during the first few weeks after surgery.

Karyn: my fill doc requires one day of liquid, one day of mushies, and then back to solids as long as they are tolerated.

Today was really busy at work, and I haven't been doing well with my eating the past 2 days but it is my tom, so I'm hoping that is the reason.

Hope everyone is going to have a fun weekend. I have to work tomorrow, so someone should have extra fun just for me!

Hi Everyone! You are very inspiring.

Thanks for the link Audree and congrats on your fill. I am glad your hubby went with you. I will probably go again in April and take hubby too. Maybe we can hook up. I will let you know when I have more details. Glad you are doing well! I din't get restriction for a couple weeks after my fill, but believe me, I have restriction! I am not complaining! xoox