Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

silry,

Congrats on the loan! Do immediately log in as soon as you find out whether you will accept the loan! When are you planning on doing the surgery?

YAY!

That is funny about your dog, too, by the way.

Audree,

I don't think you can really keep your hair safe because it is wet even with a swim cap. I am brown right now and have been kind of leery because of the dye. I am normally blond and it doesn't affect my blond color at all, but I swim at most 2 times a week.

silry,

Congrats on the loan! Do immediately log in as soon as you find out whether you will accept the loan! When are you planning on doing the surgery?

oh! absolutely i will! i'll be screaming it off the roof tops so if you just listen carefully you'll probably hear me. LOL. :D

i want to get it done the very first opening the doc has. i was going to have to wait, at first, for my hubby to take time off from work, but my dear friend volunteered to go with me... i think she just wants a free trip to mexico. LOL. so now i can just go whenever they can fit me in. the sooner the better!!! i have a lot of events coming up in the next few months, so the sooner i get it done, the sooner i can be recovered enough to partisipate. I'M SO EXCITED!!!! but i'm trying to hold myself together... just in case...

:)but i'm not doing a very good job!!!!!!!!

By the way Silry, I LOVE your quote... If it wasn't for physics and law enforcement I'd be unstoppable.

I am going to have to steal that for use elsewhere....

Hello,

I need some advice please. I was banded on Nov 7th. I think my bmi was 36. I am 5'7" and started at 208. I am down to 186 as of today.

I had my first fill last month and they put in 2cc. My problem is that I get sick almost everyday. Most days the thought of food during the workday makes me sick even though I am hungry.

The only think that I can even think about eating would be Soup or chili. Sometimes I have the above meal and all is good but the next night I could have the same meal and after one or two bites I am sick.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Hello,

I need some advice please. I was banded on Nov 7th. I think my bmi was 36. I am 5'7" and started at 208. I am down to 186 as of today.

I had my first fill last month and they put in 2cc. My problem is that I get sick almost everyday. Most days the thought of food during the workday makes me sick even though I am hungry.

The only think that I can even think about eating would be Soup or chili. Sometimes I have the above meal and all is good but the next night I could have the same meal and after one or two bites I am sick.

Any advice would be appreciated!

You will want to put this on the main thread or the complications thread also. I have read that somtimes it takes a fill time to kick in,where you don't feel rertriction for 2 weeks or so, or like you, it is tight then loosens up. If you are able to eat and drink, you are not in an emergency situation. The band also can change from day to day. I also read if your rings are tight, your band is tight.

If in doubt, it is best to call the doctor. You can also ask Dr. C on the complications thread and he is good about answering questions.

One question... Did your doctor do the fill under fleruo?

Also, I found this post from roiansmom

"It's all very weird to me :) The worst is when the food I ate today with no problems is a HUGE problem tomorrow. It is so frustrating."

You may want to ask her for adive. I think she has been banded for a while. It just seems like the band is fickle and can change day to day even more people that have been banded for a longer time. I think she was banded in August.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Audree,

I don't think you can really keep your hair safe because it is wet even with a swim cap. I am brown right now and have been kind of leery because of the dye. I am normally blond and it doesn't affect my blond color at all, but I swim at most 2 times a week.

My hairdresser told me hair is like a sponge and that if you wet your hair in the shower first, it sucks it up not the clorine Water. Then to immediately wash it. I was just wondering if anyone had heard the same or other tips!!

okay. so i got another call from my hubby. they approved us for the whole amount at 14%. when it was just my hubby, it was 5.9%. that really burns my bottom.

anyhow... so... 14%??? isn't that way too high?

ack!!! i'm totally confused now... i maintained i wouldn't get the loan if it was at too high of an interest rate... BUT i never determined what was too high.

i don't know if i should just wait for the home equity line of credit... or take this and pay it off later...

ack!!! brain overload! :help:

oh, p.s. :faint:

silry,

I hate having to make money decision, but I think interest rates are going up. We just did a second and that is at 11%, which I think is too high, but we needed it so did it anyway.

Audree,

I haven't had any problem with my hair, which really surprises my sister. Her hair always dries out when she swims, so far I've been really lucky I guess. My hair is also dyed and it is a reddish brown color. I wear a swim cap and wash and condition my hair as soon as I'm done swimming. I hope the good luck holds.

Heritagejenny,

I have the same problems. Some days I'm really tight and some days I'm looser, but still tight. I can usually tell when I drink my first Water of the morning if it is going to be a tight day. On days, or times, when I feel really tight, I try to eat mostly softer foods (i.e. Soup, yogurt, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, chicken salad) and drink warm or Hot Drinks before I eat anything iffy. Other days, I can pretty much eat anything, for example going to HomeTown Buffet the other day for Breakfast. It is really a learning situation, and can change frequently. As long as you can drink water you are not too tight, unless you become really frustrated, as some people do. If it bothers you, have a tiny, likte .2 unfill and see if that helps. Remember, as you lose weight the band becomes looser, especially in the beginning.

okay. so i got another call from my hubby. they approved us for the whole amount at 14%. when it was just my hubby, it was 5.9%. that really burns my bottom.

anyhow... so... 14%??? isn't that way too high?

ack!!! i'm totally confused now... i maintained i wouldn't get the loan if it was at too high of an interest rate... BUT i never determined what was too high.

i don't know if i should just wait for the home equity line of credit... or take this and pay it off later...

ack!!! brain overload! :help:

oh, p.s. :faint:

I think the deciding factor for me would be how much the monthly payment is. Can't your husband just apply for a different type of lower interest loan in the future and pay this one off? Sometimes credit cards will consolidate loans for lower interest.

By the way Silry, I LOVE your quote... If it wasn't for physics and law enforcement I'd be unstoppable.

I am going to have to steal that for use elsewhere....

isn't it great?! i got it at internetbumperstickers.com. they have a ton of really funny ones... and you can even buy them as actual bumper stickers!!

I think the deciding factor for me would be how much the monthly payment is. Can't your husband just apply for a different type of lower interest loan in the future and pay this one off? Sometimes credit cards will consolidate loans for lower interest.

the monthly payments will be $224. hubby will be home in 20 minutes. then we shall have a discussion about what to do. it's so nerve wracking! i feel like i am SO CLOSE, but still so very far away. eep! :tired

the monthly payments will be $224. hubby will be home in 20 minutes. then we shall have a discussion about what to do. it's so nerve wracking! i feel like i am SO CLOSE, but still so very far away. eep! :tired

Gosh! I would do it! It will be worth it in the long run. You can always consolidate it later.:biggrin1:

Silry, That's too bad that they want so much for your loan. My house was paid off so I took out a loan against my house and I think it's 6%. Only you know if the payments are an amount you can swing. I hope it turns out the way you want. Everyone who wants to be banded should have the opportunity, as far as I am concerned!

I didn't know that when you lose weight the band becomes looser. That makes sense though.

I haven't been following my doctor's advice. He wanted me on liquids for 4 weeks. His list of mushies is white fish, thin sliced deli turkey, soft cheese, as well as the usual list of mushy foods like cottage cheese. I was at 3 weeks post op last friday and I just got to thinking about Dr. Ortiz who has done SO many bands letting his patients be off liquids at day 22. So today I had a piece of grilled fish. It was small. I went out to lunch with friends and I didn't see anything liquid ( besides water) or clam chowder on the menu. I felt stupid asking them to blend clam chowder and I didn't want the potatoes in there anyway. So I ate the fish. I started chowing down forgetting about the band, like I have heard others have done. I was quickly reminded. I had to stop for a few minutes and even take a sip of Water cause I thought it was going to come up. But then I was okay and ate tiny bites really slowly.

My plan after that was to try really hard to make it until friday like I am supposed to.

But then demons in my head took over again :D . I was at Walmart and Provalone cheese sounded so good. It's really soft so I got a little bit and ate a piece of that too. So now I have tues. wed. and thurs. and I am going to try really hard now to just be good and do the liquids. I couldn't believe how full I felt after that little piece of fish.

It's going to be really interesting to find out what it feels like to be filled. I have to wait until 2-12

Does anyone else have these big huge burps come up? Sometimes I get a stomach ache and I kind of rub my tummy and bend over and a huge burp will come up. I don't feel like I am swallowing a lot of air, so I don't know why this happens. I am glad when it happens because right before that, my stomach really hurts.

Audree, thanks for posting the South Beach diet again. You are so good to all of us!!:) We will be starting foods the same day. ( even though I cheated today) I am glad I don't have a family to cook for. I am going to try to make this as easy on myself as possible. I don't like cooking just for myself, and I hate doing dishes even more.

It's probably a good thing I have to work tomorrow. I'll be stuck at work with no food and I will just take a can of slim fast so I will have no choice but a liquid lunch. Only 3 more days to go!:)

Silry, That's too bad that they want so much for your loan. My house was paid off so I took out a loan against my house and I think it's 6%. Only you know if the payments are an amount you can swing. I hope it turns out the way you want. Everyone who wants to be banded should have the opportunity, as far as I am concerned!

I didn't know that when you lose weight the band becomes looser. That makes sense though.

I haven't been following my doctor's advice. He wanted me on liquids for 4 weeks. His list of mushies is white fish, thin sliced deli turkey, soft cheese, as well as the usual list of mushy foods like cottage cheese. I was at 3 weeks post op last friday and I just got to thinking about Dr. Ortiz who has done SO many bands letting his patients be off liquids at day 22. So today I had a piece of grilled fish. It was small. I went out to lunch with friends and I didn't see anything liquid ( besides water) or clam chowder on the menu. I felt stupid asking them to blend clam chowder and I didn't want the potatoes in there anyway. So I ate the fish. I started chowing down forgetting about the band, like I have heard others have done. I was quickly reminded. I had to stop for a few minutes and even take a sip of Water cause I thought it was going to come up. But then I was okay and ate tiny bites really slowly.

My plan after that was to try really hard to make it until friday like I am supposed to.

But then demons in my head took over again :) . I was at Walmart and Provalone cheese sounded so good. It's really soft so I got a little bit and ate a piece of that too. So now I have tues. wed. and thurs. and I am going to try really hard now to just be good and do the liquids. I couldn't believe how full I felt after that little piece of fish.

It's going to be really interesting to find out what it feels like to be filled. I have to wait until 2-12

Does anyone else have these big huge burps come up? Sometimes I get a stomach ache and I kind of rub my tummy and bend over and a huge burp will come up. I don't feel like I am swallowing a lot of air, so I don't know why this happens. I am glad when it happens because right before that, my stomach really hurts.

Audree, thanks for posting the South Beach diet again. You are so good to all of us!!:) We will be starting foods the same day. ( even though I cheated today) I am glad I don't have a family to cook for. I am going to try to make this as easy on myself as possible. I don't like cooking just for myself, and I hate doing dishes even more.

It's probably a good thing I have to work tomorrow. I'll be stuck at work with no food and I will just take a can of slim fast so I will have no choice but a liquid lunch. Only 3 more days to go!:)

I hope I am full too like you were on the fish when my solids come. I didn't feel any restriction today, like I was. I kept my portions the same and ate the same amount, except I added an extra yogurt and a couple bites of hummus.

Even if I don't have restriction anymore, I want to keep my calories at 1200 like I did today. I will be excited to begin South Beach because it always has curbed my appetite.

We will get there together!!!:D