Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Farther out post-ops, do you feel different than other people?

Why no skins yet ??

Girl would you quit changing you picture, I'm old and get confused easily!

I just haven't tried them yet because I heard they can be hard on the "new" stomach so I'm waiting a bit longer.

Why no skins yet ??

I think it's because some people find it harder to digest the skins. Can make their stomachs upset. Kind of like how you need to be careful with breads or sweets.

I love fruit and I added it very early. At first, I could only eat fairly non-acidic fruit, such as melon, applesauce, and banannas. I can eat any fruit now, but I generally peel apples, where I didn't before. The skin just doesn't taste as good as it used to.

Everyone winds up with a different capacity. I'm very grateful my tummy is not so small that I couldn't eat a whole banana. Although I usually eat 1/2 at a time, because 1/2 banana is considered 1 fruit on my plan. I just whack it in half with the peel on. When I eat the other half, I just take a thin slice off the end that was exposed.

I did have the slimes a few times early out.

Lynda

Oh and I don't feel abnormal now when I eat. I have a lot of naturally thin friends and we all eat about the same amount.

Lynda

I feel completely normal at 22 months post op. I forget I was sleeved most the time ! Love it

I am about 8 months out and just eat slowly and enjoy the conversation and fellowship and then I quietly ask the server to put the rest of mine in a to-go box as soon as I am finished and it never has caused any questions. The funny thing is, I should have been more uncomfortable in eating and cleaning my whole plate before when people who eat normally don't eat the way I used to. (of course there are always those naturally skinny people who can eat their whole plate full and a desert and appetizer and never gain a pound but I am talking about people who eat normal portions) Anyway, just eat slowly and enjoy the company you are keeping. It all ends up with you feeling normal eventually, at least it has for me. And the bonus is that you have leftovers for later and that means that you have saved money too! You are going to do fine! Good Luck!

I am 3.5 months out and eat all fruits including the apple peel. Sometimes I get a little gassy from it (how great I can say that here and no one bats and eye!) but I love that feeling of biting into an apple. I can eat almost a whole apple even though that may be a lot.

The only foods I struggle with are really rich stuff (can't eat some BBQ meats with sauces) and ground meat. Otherwise good to go although sometimes I wish soft serve ice cream was harder to get down than tuna!

10 months out, and as Isireno says, many of my petite friends also eat small portions so no, I don't feel like I stick out and I've got used to being a "small eater" and ordering Entrees and dishing up little portions.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Went to BBQ yesterday and like an idiot I filled my plate like everyone else and then had a 1/3 of my low carb fajita and announce.. Omg I'm sooo full! Everyone looked at me and I quickly added I must have filled up on drinks.

I don't think people pay attention (unless you act like me) and if you think about it.. Do we pay attention to what or how others eat? Mostly not, I'm sure

I'm the banana person Laura was talking about and will be a year out next week. :-) Yes, I can only eat about 1/2 of a banana unless I spend a long time with it. This morning I went to Ihop with the hubby and had a bacon and cheese omelet from the child's menu. I managed about 2/3 of it and about half the fruit. Hubby ate the rest. I usually get takeout boxes or share a meal with one of my daughters. Eating out has really become a non-issue. You will all get to this point. Just give it time! Life is good with the sleeve once you get past those first 2-3 months and start naturally thinking like someone with a tiny belly.

I wish a banana took me a long time to eat!! It goes down in about 10 seconds as it mushes up from chewing. I feel like the only food I get real restriction on anymore is dense Protein like chicken or dense raw vegetables. So I try and stick with those in order for my sleeve to do it's job.

How long out did you start eating fruits? I'm 4 weeks out tomorrow as I was sleeved on 4. 16

How long out did you start eating fruits? I'm 4 weeks out tomorrow as I was sleeved on 4. 16

Wouldn't that make you three weeks out?

Next week will be my three weeks and I'll still be on soft foods like fish, mashed potatoes, Beans, etc. I was told to avoid raw fruit and veggies until the 4-6 week mark.

I am 7 months out and feel normal, so many restaurants have smaller portion menus now, Applebee's, Cheesecake Factory, etc. I just eat the Protein and veg (if I can) and I'm done. No one cares if I ask for a to go box...

The only thing that is weird is not drinking and eating... that's still hard!

I am 18 months out and still can't eat apple skin. I just chew chew chew but I just can't get it down. I go the lazy route and get the kid friendly apples that are already peeled and everything.