Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My New Self - Saint Louis, MO **HELP**

Did anyone see the story on Channel 4 about Ashley Delp who had bypass in 2010 and now is at Barnes Jewish in the ICU due to complications related to the surgery? I realize we are doing a different surgery but there are still risks. Hate seeing something like this with my surgery only a few weeks away - Just don't need anything to add to my worries. :-( So many more positive stories so I'm focusing on those!!!

She got her surgery in 2010 in the STL area but they didn't say where or what surgeon due to a pending lawsuit. Does anyone have scoop on this?

Hmm, didn't see that story. Was it directly related to the bypass? There are so many surgeons in the area, it could be anyone.

I too, have heard some horror stories. However, it didn't deter me from going through with it. I'm nearly a week out and I'm already on pureed foods. I had an egg this morning and some mashed potatoes tonight. So good to eat something other than Soup and pudding! Amazing how full you get in such a short time!

Hmm, didn't see that story. Was it directly related to the bypass? There are so many surgeons in the area, it could be anyone.

I too, have heard some horror stories. However, it didn't deter me from going through with it. I'm nearly a week out and I'm already on pureed foods. I had an egg this morning and some mashed potatoes tonight. So good to eat something other than Soup and pudding! Amazing how full you get in such a short time!

Not sure of the details other than she is at Barnes downtown in ICU and needs a liver transplant. The surgery was in 2010 but sounds like there have been issues since that led to this. The story is on the KMOV website. I tend to think they "sensationalize" stuff but this was information directly from her and her family. Anyhow, it's not the sleeve and there are so many positive stories including yours. Encouraged to hear you are doing so well so soon after surgery.

Curious why you didn't go with Dr. Scott? I've heard good things about your surgeon too but still wondering.

Not sure of the details other than she is at Barnes downtown in ICU and needs a liver transplant. The surgery was in 2010 but sounds like there have been issues since that led to this. The story is on the KMOV website. I tend to think they "sensationalize" stuff but this was information directly from her and her family. Anyhow' date=' it's not the sleeve and there are so many positive stories including yours. Encouraged to hear you are doing so well so soon after surgery.

Curious why you didn't go with Dr. Scott? I've heard good things about your surgeon too but still wondering.[/quote']

I read the story and it is sad. I'm thinking may she wasn't following her plan after surgery maybe that's why.....I don't know but we must not get discouraged everyone's body does acts differently!

Hi! I was sleeves May 7th at DePaul with Dr. Morales. My whole process so far has been wonderful. I go today for my 1 week f/u. So excited. This is something I won't regret.

Hi! I was sleeves May 7th at DePaul with Dr. Morales. My whole process so far has been wonderful. I go today for my 1 week f/u. So excited. This is something I won't regret.

So glad everything has gone well for you. Let us know how your follow-up goes today. :rolleyes:

I would keep in mind that the care you are getting preop is most likely the care you'll be getting postop. And after surgery you could feel like crap physically and emotionally. On the other hand, you want a skilled surgeon even if the peons in the office stink.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Just left post-op appt., down 8lbs in 6 days, I have advanced to Phase 2 which means I can have mashed/boiled potato, cream of wheat, Greek yogurt, soft scrambled egg, cottage cheese, etc and I'll be on this for 3 weeks. Dr said I look great, incision healing wonderful and keep up the good work. I am so excited, I'm going for a walk.

Start weight and heaviest was in December-384

Before surgery-354

Today-346

Imsoready2013- are you going to the support meeting on 5/15?

Is it at Des Peres? What time. Would be interested if the time is right.

You need to let the DR know how his front office people are doing, he may not have a CLUE!!!!...... and if ALL his patients did this, I can BET there would be a different crew in that office. Best of luck to you!

It is at DePaul' date=' May Center. Bariatric Support Group Meeting. Meets the third Wed. of every month. 530pm to 700pm.[/quote']

Are you going to the meeting tonight? I think the chef will be talking about how to get Protein in and recipes.