Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, first time posting. I was sleeved march 21 2013, a little over 5 weeks ago. Pre-op weight was 368, today 296. In a little over 5 freakin weeks! Down 72 freakin pounds! Still have 100 to go.

Now, it has not been pleasant at all, I had problems with a leak and stenosis and sticture had to have that surgically repaired, so I spent another 4 days in the hospital.

I struggle to get enough Water and oh how I crave water!

I have 6 kids and a loving wife with a scathing sense of humor as seen in the picture I took of the shirt she wore while chilling with me at the bariatric surgery center for a few days. I posted it below.

Anyway, it has been very difficult so far, but it is getting better, and I can see the light... Still can't even think about swallowing any type of solid food, it just churns my stomach...

But as my dr said "holy cow, this is almost physiologically impossible to loose that much weight so quickly, but we'll take it!"

I guess having some pretty good muscle mass under the fat helped a lot. I am just waiting for the stall to set in.

There were many days, in fact most days where I would have gladly switched back, until the problems were discovered and fixed. No that I am beginning to feel Better and getting some, even a little, energy back I am beginning to love this choice.

post-55081-13813665200906_thumb.jpg

Welcome!! And congratulations! Your weight loss is fantastic! Good for you! Sounds like you have had a rough go of things in the beginning... I am glad for you that these issues have been resolved!

Good for you choosing such a great wife! I can imagine on your worst days she can make you laugh! What a we some support system!

Best wishes on the rest of your journey. And yes the stalls will come.... However, if you keep the right mind set you will be fine. While the scale may not be moving the inches will be coming off. I have experienced 2 stalls... Both lasting 2 weeks. During that time I dropped a clothing size. It does help to focus on those things to keep frustration at bay! Again best wishes!

Welcome risky,

Sounds like you had a bumpy ride the first couple of days after surgery :o

What a great attitude you've had about it!

And OMG 72 pounds unbelievable, you are like a freak of nature or something :P

Oh and hehehe.... I like your wife's shirt.

So, I have a question, all I can seem to stomach is liquid at this point, any solid food, no matter how much I chew. Leaves my feeling nauseated and ill. I am 5-6 weeks out, I do have to have a second surgery about 2 weeks ago. I have resorted to living on low carb high Protein ensure drinks blended with ice and a banana. Takes about two hours to drink, as this all that I can tolerate. Anyone else seem to be stucK on a full liquid stage? Even the thought of trying to eat something solid makes me nauseated. I do find that sometime taking a Ativan(lorazepam) before I try to eat something allows me to stomach a few bits of solids.

Hello everyone, I'm 35y/o single with no kids. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2000, Sciatica 2006, Fibromyalgia 2009, and sleep Apnea 2011. I have been researching and thinking very hard about getting bariatrics surgery. I'm currently at my heaviest, 255 lbs, and now my bp is elevated. I would love to have kid(s) one day SOON, but not with all these health issues. I just need some guidance with this. My doctors tell me to lose weight, but having PCOS is a challenge.

Hello everyone' date=' I'm 35y/o single with no kids. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2000, Sciatica 2006, Fibromyalgia 2009, and sleep Apnea 2011. I have been researching and thinking very hard about getting bariatrics surgery. I'm currently at my heaviest, 255 lbs, and now my bp is elevated. I would love to have kid(s) one day SOON, but not with all these health issues. I just need some guidance with this. My doctors tell me to lose weight, but having PCOS is a challenge.[/quote']

Just wanted to share with you the journey my 28 year old daughter and I have been on since getting sleeved. My daughter was over 270lbs. She to suffers from PCOS and had such a difficult time with losing weight. She was blessed with a little girl five years ago but has not been able to get pregnant again. She has gone to a fertility doctor without success. Her bp was elevated and she was so depressed. She was sleeved on April 23. She was on the preop diet for 2 weeks prior to getting sleeved and lost 18lbs and now her total is over 30. She is so excited. She is in the process of adopting from africa and Lord willing she will be blessed with another baby of her own. I was sleeve a week after her. Has it been easy? No but nothing is easy and having the support from each other along with our family we are looking forward to a much healthier life. No one can make the decision for you just keep doing research and hopefully you will know what to do. Good luck.

Just wanted to share with you the journey my 28 year old daughter and I have been on since getting sleeved. My daughter was over 270lbs. She to suffers from PCOS and had such a difficult time with losing weight. She was blessed with a little girl five years ago but has not been able to get pregnant again. She has gone to a fertility doctor without success. Her bp was elevated and she was so depressed. She was sleeved on April 23. She was on the preop diet for 2 weeks prior to getting sleeved and lost 18lbs and now her total is over 30. She is so excited. She is in the process of adopting from africa and Lord willing she will be blessed with another baby of her own. I was sleeve a week after her. Has it been easy? No but nothing is easy and having the support from each other along with our family we are looking forward to a much healthier life. No one can make the decision for you just keep doing research and hopefully you will know what to do. Good luck.

Thank you so much; I will be attending a seminar in June.

Maybe your tummy isnt ready for the types of foods you are eating.. Im 4mo out and there is still stuff I cannot eat at all.. but hey thats ok..and when I was on full liquids.. my doc told me to stay away from bananas for the time being.. turns out the sweet thing was making my stomach sick.. too sweet he said..and also said to mix my Protein Shake with Water and not milk.. even tho it was the 1% milk that was on the list to drink with the shake.. so I did both and my tummy settled.. I dont eat scrambled eggs anymore either.. my tummy doesnt like them..but a soft egg is ok.. I think that the dryness of the food has a lot to do with it too. Have you spoken to your nut? and your doc about this? I havent had any issues other than my tummy telling me "I dont think so" lol so I listen to my doc and my tummy.. they know best.. but on a good note.. I must be doing something right cuz in 4 mo im down 90lbs and only 60 more to go..and down several clothes sizes..and yes I had to go shopping recently for new clothes.. which I used to hate shopping.. but now its opened up a whole new door for me now.. I can shop in the regular side of the store and not the plus size.. hard for me to take.. cuz I still see the fat girl in the mirror.. not the one others see.. but hey thats ok.. and best of luck to you on your new journey.. you will do great.. lots of support here and advice.. keep a positive outlook.. its a great thing we have all done.. this is our do over.. and im taking advantage of that. :)