Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrating I got to 2nd goal which was 230, next day back up to 232 then down to 230, and again today back up to 232. I am just venting right now, I know scale will move again (I pray lol) but its hard not to get mad and upset and feel like I'm doing something wrong.

I see that all the time. Then after a couple days I will be 1.5 lbs under my lowest am not go back. I try and reduce salt intake and up my Water. Usually helps. Keep going!

That happens to me. 2lbs difference in a matter of hours! I get pissed and just avoid the scale for several days. I have a love/hate relationship with that demon box :)

I can't help it I weigh everyday

I can't help it I weigh everyday

Hide the scale! Weighing daily weighs too much on your mind. Trust me, it's not a friend when you're trying to lose, it's a tool.

Research has shown people who weigh themselves daily are generally thinner. That being said, you can gain as much as 5-7 lbs by the end of the day. Be sure to weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you pee, naked. And if you gained 2lbs in one day, unless you ate 7,000 calories over your basal metabolic rate it's not real weight!

I do it in morning after pee and naked, I know no way really 2lbs bc I only eat 800-1100 calories a day lol but I didn't know people who weigh everyday are thinner crazy, I just thought was me being crazy and wanting scale to magically say less

Have someone hide the scale.

I agree with this- I have my husband hide it from me. Or I put it in a place where it's not easily accessible, like on top of a shelf in a closet. That way I'm not jumping on it on a whim. As for daily weighing and thin people, I think for us sleevers who KNOW everyday that we are not overeating, the scale is not a good measurement- it's just a snapshot, not an overall picture of progress.

I don't want to be a slave to that thing. I don't want my attitude for the day dictated by a number on the scale.

That being said, daily weighing is probably not a bad idea during maintenance, after you've reached goal...

-Kendra

Step away from the scale! Try to weigh yourself once a week during the losing phase so you're not putting yourself through this torture. Once you hit goal you might consider weighing every day. I hope this gets better for you. :-)

I do it in morning after pee and naked, I know no way really 2lbs bc I only eat 800-1100 calories a day lol but I didn't know people who weigh everyday are thinner crazy, I just thought was me being crazy and wanting scale to magically say less

It has to do with them being more aware of their weight in general, but you can't let 5lb swings bother you. It's really not weight and it will go away! :)

You're gonna drive yourself batty weighing everyday - you only need to weigh yourself once a week. :)

I am finally putting the scale up. The obsessive weighing does nothing but screw with me. 7 times a day, what is wrong with me?!?! Once a week is enough!!

I have tried to stay off it but I can't help it. I weigh myself in the morning naked and before I go to bed. It also measures my BMI which is going down and my % of fat which is also going down. But, I've been at a stall for about a week now but everything else is going down. So, I'm not too upset. I also measure myself once a week. Hard to break away from the scale.< /p>