Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Life People!!

I always reserve judgement on these things - kids can really push your buttons and if that baby had been whinging and crying all day long she may have been at the end of her tether. Its so satisfying yelling out swear words when you're really frustrated.

Like when your one year old headbuts you full force (and breaks your nose) while you're getting him into the car. I can tell you I yelled a few choice words then in public, with blood streaming out my nose and it was all I could do not to smack him. Then once you let that emotion out, you regret yelling at your child.

Oh my gosh...how sad...for that woman not to appreciate the precious gift that she has...I weep for the child. Ok I have my moments but to yell abuse at a child is unforgiveable...they grow up with the scars for the rest of their lives... what kind of parents will they be if that is how they get treated when young.

Speaking of scummy people I just had to have someone removed from the property tonight. I work as security at an apartment complex.

The first time I had to deal with this dude was when he was completely smashed and stumbling around the complex at 4 in the morning after getting into a fight with someone who gave him a ride over. He promised to pay for the ride with drugs, and when he didn't have any the guy attacked him. Had to call the cops to have him removed. The resident he visits was told he was not allowed to return.

Tonight, after getting complaints two days ago about this guy, he's being so loud in the apartment he visits that I go bang on the door. He won't answer so I call the cops again. They make him leave, and he gives me this evil look.

The cop told me he had a long arrest record and one of them was for resisting arrest. So that means he can be violent. The resident lets him stay with her kids overnight while she works. He stays up all night being loud and getting high or drunk. He also invites over other lowlifes. It makes me worry about the kids.

Of course I also worry for myself. He's committed violent acts in the past and I'm worried he or someone else I have removed will come back and attack me while I patrol, weaponless and alone, in the dark. I really need a new job. :faint:

I would report the woman he stays with to family services, if I were you. There is very little chance that she doesn't know what he is doing. She is putting her children at risk by letting him stay there. They will hopefully force her to stop seeing him.

Some peole should just NOT breed, period! I'd almost BET that the verbally abusive parents were verbally abused (or worse)themselves. I'm a 110% believer that you are a product of your envoirnment, but break the cycle people! My son is 3 1/2 and pushes my buttons on a regular basis (and he's quite good at I may add), but that doesn't give me the right to cuss him out as if he were a sailor on shore leave!

Speaking of scummy people I just had to have someone removed from the property tonight. I work as security at an apartment complex.

The first time I had to deal with this dude was when he was completely smashed and stumbling around the complex at 4 in the morning after getting into a fight with someone who gave him a ride over. He promised to pay for the ride with drugs, and when he didn't have any the guy attacked him. Had to call the cops to have him removed. The resident he visits was told he was not allowed to return.

Tonight, after getting complaints two days ago about this guy, he's being so loud in the apartment he visits that I go bang on the door. He won't answer so I call the cops again. They make him leave, and he gives me this evil look.

The cop told me he had a long arrest record and one of them was for resisting arrest. So that means he can be violent. The resident lets him stay with her kids overnight while she works. He stays up all night being loud and getting high or drunk. He also invites over other lowlifes. It makes me worry about the kids.

Of course I also worry for myself. He's committed violent acts in the past and I'm worried he or someone else I have removed will come back and attack me while I patrol, weaponless and alone, in the dark. I really need a new job. :faint:

Sounds to me like Mommy isn't any better than he is!

I had read this somewhere when my first child was still a baby - it certainly helps.

Sometimes children will cry, whine or whatever. They will get on your last nerve. If it gets to the point you simply cannot handle it any longer, go put the child in his/her crib, then take a few minutes to calm down. Go to the other end of the house so you don't hear the crying. Take a few deep breaths. Get a drink of Water. Whatever helps you calm down. Then calmly go back and get the child, and try again.

This may seem cruel to some people to shut the child in his/her room for five minutes, but it's sure better than beating or screaming at the child.

I had read this somewhere when my first child was still a baby - it certainly helps.

Sometimes children will cry, whine or whatever. They will get on your last nerve. If it gets to the point you simply cannot handle it any longer, go put the child in his/her crib, then take a few minutes to calm down. Go to the other end of the house so you don't hear the crying. Take a few deep breaths. Get a drink of Water. Whatever helps you calm down. Then calmly go back and get the child, and try again.

This may seem cruel to some people to shut the child in his/her room for five minutes, but it's sure better than beating or screaming at the child.

That's what I thought was the right thing to do.....I think that may take some control and obviously these morons cussing out their babies or toddlers are laking such.....

My daughter is 19 mths old and Miss Independent. She has an attitude on her like no tomorrow. She is a very good kid, but she can get mouthy. I would NEVER holler at her or cuss her out. There have been times when I have wanted to run away, but I will get her busy coloring and I will walk out of the room take a few deep breaths and try to change the situation.

If I were to see someone abusing a kid regardless of their size and mine, there is no doubt I would jump in and kick some major butt. I could not sit along the sidelines and watch that.

I won't let my daughter go to my sister's house because she is always screaming at her kid. I tell her constantly that is abuse and she better watch it or I will report her. She has gotten better, but my daughter is not used to people screaming, that would make her a nervous wreck. There are other ways of disciplining.

I know some may think I am young and naive in my parenting, but I want my daughter to feel safe around me and my husband. There just isn't any cause for screaming in a household.

Let's see....

That little girl will most likely...

-get some sort of eating disorder

-be suicidal

-if she's lucky, spend thousands of dollars of her own money for therapy that might help

-have no boundaries

-pick a career that is the path of least resistance

-let people do pretty much what they want sexually because she doesn't know that she can say no

-be on anxiety medication at some point in her life

-visit her parents house 30 miles away once every couple of years

-be surprised at her anger and sadness even 30 or 40 years later

-be damn grateful if she ever pulls he life out of the garbage and makes something good of it

That woman is just like my mother.

All of the discussion here reminds me of an incident I witnessed several years ago. I was driving through the parking lot of a shopping mall and saw a young woman put a small 3yr old little girl into the back seat of a car as she was screaming at her. She then got into the back seat with her and I watched her beat her with the heel part of a high heeled shoe. (Someone else was driving evidently). I tried to get the license plate number so I could report it, but they drove away too fast. The image haunts me til this day!