Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Goodbye Ole Friend- My Goodbye Letter to My Band

Goodbye Ole Friend (Band),

I can't say that it has not been fun. We were started out being the best of friends. It was because of you that I went from 368 lbs to 250 lbs, you gave me a new look on life. I just knew that we had built a life long friendship and I could always count on you to get me through the tough time. You did for awhile then things started to change between us. It was as if our friendship had a time restrait on it that only lasted 4 years. Why Oh Why must you cause me so much heartache and pain. I spent a many sleepless night to afraid to fall asleep because my dinner was taking forever to digest. Let's not talk about the embarassing moments where I had to leave the dinner table several times to throw up because YOU decided that I couldn't have dinner that night. The concerned look on my husband and friends face when I returned tore me up inside because I could not imagine why this was happening to me. The more I threw up the more I found comfort in sugary sweet foods that stayed down when I really wished I could digested the grilled chicken salad with feta cheese. The only way I avoided being sick was eating sweets because they were easy to digest and that is where the numbers on the scale began to climb. I decided I refuse to let you get the best of me and decided to do Weight Watchers, the #1 diet. Not once but 3 times and could not get over the 20 lbs hump because you would not allow me to eat all my points. Money wasted! Then there was the wonder pill, Phentermine! Oh it worked at first but then I felt like I was beginning to be dependent, besides my doctor would only prescribe me 3 months. Not enough time to lose the 65lbs I had gained. After 2 years of trying to decide what is the best option for me I finally found it. Vertical Sleeve revision surgery! Even though I was quite hesitate I knew I had to do something because I could not continue to live life this way. It wasn't healthy for me and I didn't want to be sick for the rest of my life. So today I just wanted to let you know that it's time to say goodbye it's been real but I am taking a new route. I won't be needing you to restrict my food intake. Thanks for the life long lessons of what not to do. I promise you I was a good student and took good notes. See ya tomorrow, good bye forever ole friend! :D

Count down! Let's get ready to rumble! :rolleyes:

Oh my goodness. That could have been words out of my mouth. Well said and so very true.

Good luck on your journey.

I too am revising from band to sleeve on May 10th. I am SO ready.

Good luck today and check in when you are sleeved!

Thank you for sharing that, It is people like you, willing to share your journey that helps those that come after.

I understand completely. I have a revision on May 23. I really thought I was alone and didn't talk about my problems with the band to anyone. My kids know when I cant eat and I often have to leave the table and I have done it for so long that I am so looking forward to the sleeve. I know I have to get this thing out one way or the other.

This is also my life story with the band! Congrats on deciding to revise to the sleeve. I feel confident that this will be the tool that we were all looking for with the band but it didn't live up to those promises. I too will be revising on May 22nd and I can't wait! I hope you have a speedy recovery and keep us posted if you can!