Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No weight loss on pre-op diet

Has anyone not lost any weight on the pre-op diet? Mine is 2 weeks full liquids w one Protein bar a day allowable. I have been doing it for a week w lots of water/ low carbs/30 mins of cardio/approx. 800 calories and my scale hasn't budged. I have already lost 12 lbs. through 6-month diet and exercise program w NUT but was really hoping to lose another 8 lbs before my surgery.

Scares me that I won't lose after surgery...maybe my body is just too used to dieting and is holding on to every ounce of fat for dear life lol.

Not sure about the answer to this... I'm equally confused about what's up with the liquid preop diet. In the first 5-6 days, I lost 14lbs. I'm certain most (if not all) of that was Water weight. The scale hasn't budged since. I don't even get the luxury of a Protein bar - just liquids. :\

Very annoying. I hope this isn't an indication of post-op weight loss, too!

I haven't lost as much as I was hoping, only 2-3 pounds this past week. My total loss since the end of November is now 42 pounds and surgery is in 2 days!

I had opposite results. I'm in second week of 1000 calorie pre-op diet and I've lost 5 pounds. I'm consuming 3 Protein Shakes, 2 power bars, and one meal of 4oz lean Protein and 2 cups raw vegetables a day.

That's great! I'm just more annoyed than anything. Maybe this type of a diet isn't really a shock to my body any more. I weigh in at my PCP tmrw for my pre-surgery physical so maybe that will produce a different number. I don't want to live for that number but I also don't want the surgeon's staff to think I'm not following the plan.

Yes, I felt the same when i was in three month surgery prep program. I didn't lose weight for two of three months and i felt they didn't think i was bought in when i really was. Stick with it, you'll beat this!