Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to Expect After Surgery

give me a runs down of your daily intake including Brands an etc... Plz

BullRidinMomma2011

hi newbie

you want a RUNS down :lol:

can't help it sorry - liquid, runs LOL :lol: :lol:

are you pre-op, or post-op??? just curious

no ticker, or profile :angry: hint, hint :)

ok :) answering your question

i had lottttttttttttts of Mrs. Grass's chicken broth (ummmm, ummmm good) :)

comes in a box - alot of sodium, but my NUT said at this early stage, whatever i was able to hold down, sodium or not would ok to drink

i used to have mrs gr. when i was sick - so i loved it

i had llllots of SF popsicles

they do count as fluids - helps to keep you hydrated - but there is no oz value to measure

but it is a good source of liquid that most of us "I" loved!!!

Protein shakes - i had a brand from GNC - but i wasn't holding it down well first couple of weeks

many people have no prob with the shakes - others like me, did have problems

Water is the liquid i drank as much as possible

with drinking right after surgery, once again, we're all different

some people have problems drinking - they drink a small ounce cup every 1/2 hour or so - if they can

i was probably middle of the road

was able to drink, but right after WLS drinking can be difficult

good luck with WLS (if you haven't had it yet)

speedy recovery

take care

kathy

Jello sugar free jello, SF popsicles, nectar fuzzy navel Protein, chicken Soup broth, lotsa Water, crystal light, sleepy time tea, Propel fitness water, really thin cream of wheat, Designer whey Protein Shakes. The hot tea and soup broth make you feel more satisfied then cold stuff in my opinion.

Good topic - I'm curious too.

My nut provided me with a list of stuff. A lot of it has already been posted above.

Good luck on your surgery and keep us posted.

I am 3 weeks out and I eat Soup and popsicles. if the soup is too thick I put it through my bullet and add Water, milk, or broth. I bought small 5 oz bowls at world market and that is how I measure my food. I keep a list of what works for me and what doesn't. The soup varies. Sometimes home made and sometimes canned or boxed. The small bowls help the best, it gives me an idea of how high to fill it. I usually don't eat a whole bowl but it helps me not to waste. I also have tasteless Protein Powder that I add a teaspoon to each meal. I also drink a Protein Shake a day. Good Luck!

On liquids I consumed a ton of the following:

G2

Isopure (which is great for Protein and I attribute early Protein to part of my hair retention but they taste awful. If you freeze them to a slushy point they're tolerable. The initial taste isn't thy bad but once you swallow, yech!)

sugar free Popsicles

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken flavored protein (it's like chicken broth)

Chicken noodle Soup sans noodles (tasted better than regular broth to me)

Bariatric Advantage makes a protein vegetable soup. I believe it's Kerogen X or something similar. (I still keep a few packets around in case I have a cold/flu and can't stomach protein shakes)

I bought unflavored Protein Powder from GNC that doesn't have the temperature restrictions most do and added it to any broth I ate.

Milk

chocolate milk (with a tiny bit of chocolate Syrup and a scoop of chocolate protein powder)

Water+vanilla protein powder+ orange crystal light (tastes like a dreamsicle. I still drink this right after a work out)

I made SF Jello with Isopure and Water just to get some protein in.

sugar free Decaf sweet tea.

Lots of people eat sf Jello and broth. I hate jello and broth tasted TERRIBLE to me post op. I recommend no stocking up on a bunch pre op. I still have broth and extra isopure I just couldn't stand the taste of post op.

There are a lot of options in Popsicles :) I loved them.

Also, initially, only pour a tiny bit of what you're going to eat/drink and pop the rest in the fridge. Especially Isopure. It's awful warm and you can always go back for more. I started with 1/2 a Popsicle the first day or two then a whole one was no problem :)

Syntrax nectar shakes (fruit flavor - mix with Water and ice)

Syntrax Nectar shakes (vanilla bean torte, chocolate truffle, double stuffed cookie - mix with milk)

Lactose free Smart Balance Milk

sugar free Popsicles

Vitamin Water Zero

Crystal Light

I had trouble at first with lactose intolerance - seems to be getting better. Just keep an eye out for that. I wasn't able to tolerate many premade Protein shakes because of it.

Syntrax nectar shakes (fruit flavor - mix with Water and ice)

Syntrax Nectar shakes (vanilla bean torte' date=' chocolate truffle, double stuffed cookie - mix with milk)

Lactose free Smart Balance Milk

sugar free Popsicles

Vitamin Water Zero

Crystal Light

I had trouble at first with lactose intolerance - seems to be getting better. Just keep an eye out for that. I wasn't able to tolerate many premade Protein shakes because of it.

[/quote']

She raises a valid point. Many have lactose issues after surgery. Don't stock up on milk based products until you know if they're ok for you.

A lot of times, but not always, the intolerance dissipates :)