Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March sleevers.. Progress?

I feel like a complete failure.. Surgery was 3/8 and to this day I've only lost 18 pounds... Wth? Anyone else experiencing this? My one week preop I lost 12. So since march 2nd I've lost 30. Just thought I'd lose more after surgery...

I thought mine was slow, too, so I searched all over this site for tips..I learned to cut out carbs altogether, except for a little in my yogurt. I upped my Water intake, and am sticking with mostly protein..2 shakes a day, sandwich meat, taco meat with a little cheese, turkey sausage with a little egg...My surg. date was 3/19, and I have lost 28lbs..bad stall at week 2, but realized i was eating too much creamed Soups and mashed potatoes...and wasn't that how I got this way? This surgery really does a zinger on the way you have to think about EVERYTHING that goes into that little tummy now! Good luck, and just look real close at what's going in..

Thank you for posting this topic. I was sleeved 3/18 almost 6 weeks out and have lost 26 lbs. I thought it should be more by now. And this week haven't lost any weight at all. I'm still on soft/puree foods. I eat tilapia, pureed Beans, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs and greek yogurt. About 500 calories a day and excercising 3 times a week. I hardly eat any carbs. I made an appt to see my NUT along with my surgeon next week bc I'm starting to feel discouraged. Maybe I'm not eating enough. Idk.

I was sleeved 3/19 and feeling discouraged too. I lost about 22 lbs. I lost 20 lbs the first 2 weeks then nothing. I had nooooooo interest in eating or drinking anything the first 3 wks post surgery and if I ate 3 spoons of something for the day that was a lot. I have to start weighing myself wkly to see where I'm at because I've only been on the scale twice since surgery ( scales has always been depressing to me). I MUST admit when I got my appetite back at night I would eat 2-3 sourdough pretzels ate night (carb addict) and they are 100 calories each and a Marino ice which is 100 calories but full of sugar. I figured it woad okay because I barely ate more than a few crackers a day with Peanut Butter on it. NOW, no more pretzels or Snacks of any kind in my house ( in the garbage pail they went) and seriously only going to be working on Protein and extremely low carbs.

..I was never really a snack person and I can still do without. I love carbs/pasta and not a meat eater but I will force myself to start eating it. something is scary to me though and I will soon post it in the forum...I feel hungry ALOT, growling stomach and the feeling of need to eat (yes I told the dr and nut this) I'm supposed to east 3 meals and 3 healthy Snacks a day...I never eat all of that, perhaps this is why I'm friggin hungry lol. I do feel like I can eat a lot at one sitting and that makes me nervous. For instances, last night I had 3/4 of a black bean veggie burger with a slice of cheese on it w/ pickles and saute onions on 1/2 a wheat tortilla. 3/4?!!! Isn't that a lot?? My nut said, I should be able to eat 4-6 oz at a meal and take no more than 30 minutes to eat. That prob was about 4 oz of food. To me, that was a lot of food for someone that had surgery. I had the lapband for 7 yrs and 2 bites of something like that would have me choking and puking in the bathroom. So I was thinking I would have the same OR MORE restriction with the sleeve. In case anyone is interested, I lost over 120lbs with my band, was healthy (size 5 at 5'7") until it slipped and I had it removed. I'm not saying one is better than the other because God knows with the lapband in the end I was extremely sick from it slipping.

I'm sorry, I'm just running on here typing away. I guess I just needed to talk to someone like me who is slowly shedding. I went to my dr this past Thursday, and he was content with my loss and said not to be hard on myself. Like I said...I tossed all the tempting things in my house Andy I'm going to up the Protein and make much better choices...I promise :). But seriously...3/4 of a veggie burger w/ the works?!! Smh lol. Be well my fellow sleevers and SUCCESSFUL!

I'm curious to know what does everyone's daily food intake looks like. Here is my typical day.

I work 5 am to 1 pm so I dont have time to sit down n eat Breakfast at home so I will drink my Protein at this time.

Pre Breakfast: 4 oz of fat free milk with 1/2 scoop of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder

Breakfast: 1 egg omelette with 1 ounce of thin sliced turkey and 2 spoons of shredded cheese. I only eat half with 2 spoons of ricotta or cottage cheese

Lunch: a greek yogurt or laughing cow cheese wedge

Dinner: 1.5 ounces of tilapia with an ounce of vegetables usually puree brocolli

ylopez..my day is almost exactly what yours is:

Egg beaters/turkey sausage crumbles for Breakfast

shake mid morning

sliced turkey with mustard/cheese for lunch

(or I have discovered chicken salad from Chick Fil A if I am out around town. The smallest you can get is a medium, and I eat half and take the other half home for dinner.It goes down good.)

greek yogurt for afternoon snack (I can only eat half of the cup)

1/2-3/4 piece fish or 1/2 turkey burger patty with cheese for dinner

1/2 cup taco meat with shredded cheese is real good to me, too..I was missing something with flavor! I also like about 4 shrimp. I dip everything in mustard. i am a little afraid of ketchup, yet, for the sugar.

Sometime i wil eat the rest of my yogurt for before bed snack

It is VERY hard to get in all the Water they say you need because i am full from meals for about 2 hours, then it's almost time to eat again!

I feel like a complete failure.. Surgery was 3/8 and to this day I've only lost 18 pounds... Wth? Anyone else experiencing this? My one week preop I lost 12. So since march 2nd I've lost 30. Just thought I'd lose more after surgery...

Are you keeping a log of your intake? Myfitnesspal is great. It breaks down everything into percentage carbs, Protein, fats, etc. It may be that you're not eating or drinking enough...

ylopez..my day is almost exactly what yours is:

Egg beaters/turkey sausage crumbles for breakfast

shake mid morning

sliced turkey with mustard/cheese for lunch

(or I have discovered chicken salad from Chick Fil A if I am out around town. The smallest you can get is a medium' date=' and I eat half and take the other half home for dinner.It goes down good.)

greek yogurt for afternoon snack (I can only eat half of the cup)

1/2-3/4 piece fish or 1/2 turkey burger patty with cheese for dinner

1/2 cup taco meat with shredded cheese is real good to me, too..I was missing something with flavor! I also like about 4 shrimp. I dip everything in mustard. i am a little afraid of ketchup, yet, for the sugar.

Sometime i wil eat the rest of my yogurt for before bed snack

It is VERY hard to get in all the Water they say you need because i am full from meals for about 2 hours, then it's almost time to eat again![/quote']

Thanks for sharing. Nice to see we are eating basically the same thing. My 6 week follow-up is coming up next week. I wonder if I will be able to eat ground turkey soon. I had baked chicken n put one tsp of BBQ Sauce on it. I was also missinh a little kick of flavor. How far out are you?

I log my food with Lose it app.

3/26 and I'm down 28lbs from 277 (5'6).

I usually eat 1/2 cup cottage cheese for breakfast and 1/2 hour after an EAS (I noticed since I've been using those for Protein I'm dropping faster they are only 100 cal)

lunch is generally Greek yogurt (plain) with a tablespoon of sugar free jelly. Just this week though I lost 5lbs after switching to carbmaster yogurt from Krogers (only 3gr of sugar instead of 9 in the plain Greek).

dinner is hard for me so I generally have another shake and then maybe an egg or Soup with a scoop of Protein or tuna. Swordfish was awesome for a few days because its packed with protein but its expensive. I also have a sugar free pudding usually before bed (I just bought the mix instead so I can make it with protein powder). I'm on purée but chicken purée is gross...I'm not a big meat eater. I've also eaten refrieds and mushed black Beans but they are kinda sticky feeling and not my favorite.

Good luck! I notice when I switch things up is when I lose...and when I walk more of course. :)

I know it gets discouraging, but Celebrate the lbs you are losing. I am 7 weeks out. If you are not keeping a food journal, start writing it down so you can discuss it with your dr/nut. Mix up what you are eating. Mix up what you are doing for exercise. I know everybody is different, but I am a firm believer in only weighing once a week & measuring only once a month. It is hard not to compare your weight loss to others, but try not to...everybody is a different age, height, bone structure, etc etc...

Best of luck to you! You can - and are - doing it!!!

Thanks for sharing. Nice to see we are eating basically the same thing. My 6 week follow-up is coming up next week. I wonder if I will be able to eat ground turkey soon. I had baked chicken n put one tsp of BBQ Sauce on it. I was also missinh a little kick of flavor. How far out are you?

I log my food with Lose it app.

Im 6 weeks out this Tuesday..looks like we are doing about the same!

I've lost 33 since Feb 22. But I'm happy with that :-) I had two weeks pre-op that I lost like 9 lbs I believe.

I'm about 6 weeks out too. I have tried not to focus too much on the actual pounds and instead on how I feel and how my clothes fit. Definitely losing lots of inches and all docs have said losing the pounds slowly is better than in large fell swoops. My hardest adjustments are and have been eating slowly and figuring out when I need to stop eating.