Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

fit bit and other trackers

Oh, and I have a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx hd android phone and have no trouble with any linking. If you want smartphone functionality, you need to buy the Link model. If you would prefer using a watch-like monitor, you can get the Core model. I just checked on the website and the Core model is 25% off right now.

My interpretation of the difference in individual accuracy between something like the Fitbit and something like the Bodymedia... Fitbit has to rely on calorie burn assumptions based on the average person with the height/weight data entered into your profile. Bodymedia can actually measure how hard you are working, which may not be the same as the average person with your measurements.

I just got the Bodymedia Link today and I'm super excited to see how it works. So far so good :). So much better than the Nike Fuelband!

What is the original one?

It's the fitbit one but it was the first one so it doesn't have the built in Bluetooth and a hair bigger than the current fitbit one.

Does anyone use the fitbit flex?

Does anyone use the fitbit flex?

I use the FitBit Flex and really like it. It syncs right up with both the FitBit app and the My Fitness Pal app. I like how they work in tandem.

I use the FitBit Flex and really like it. It syncs right up with both the FitBit app and the My Fitness Pal app. I like how they work in tandem.

I think I will order it ... I tried to order this morning but its back ordered for 8weeks! I didnt want to wait that long so I looked @ others, but people are saying the flex is the best and the cheapest! I didnt kno u can sync it to my fitness pal I like that idea! Thanks

I think I will order it ... I tried to order this morning but its back ordered for 8weeks! I didnt want to wait that long so I looked @ others' date=' but people are saying the flex is the best and the cheapest! I didnt kno u can sync it to my fitness pal I like that idea! Thanks[/quote']

I bought a fitbit 1 and mine syncs to both also! I luv it!

highest weight 224#<br />sx weight 213# (11/20/12)<br />current weight 150.4#(6/30)

I also use the flex. They are backordered from fitbit.com however sometimes you can find them in stock at best buy. Also if you go to vzw.com (Verizon wireless) and search under accessories you can find them there available.

I also use the flex. They are backordered from fitbit.com however sometimes you can find them in stock at best buy. Also if you go to vzw.com (Verizon wireless) and search under accessories you can find them there available.

I just order the flex from Verizon, it should be here next week!! I really didn't want to wait 8 weeks. I tried Best buy but I never would have thought of Verizon. ..Thanks :)

Is it wrong that I think I will order it and wait the 8 weeks. I want it to be a gift to myself for loosing 50lbs from my highest and in 8 weeks I for sure will be past that milestone. If I bought it today I'd open it now and then it really wouldn't be a gift

I'm still pre-surgery. But I have a birthday coming soon and $35 Best Buy Rewards. I'll just have to talk hubby into buying me a "fancy step counter." LOL.

Is it wrong that I think I will order it and wait the 8 weeks. I want it to be a gift to myself for loosing 50lbs from my highest and in 8 weeks I for sure will be past that milestone. If I bought it today I'd open it now and then it really wouldn't be a gift

I dont think its wrong at all! I think it's a great idea!... I actually thought of that while trying to make myself feel better about waiting when I ordered it from fitbit. I even wrote a gift note to myself! Lol...but im excited to get it sooner because I want to track how active I am after surgery on the 9th. I want to set goals and try to reach them. Im hoping the flex will assit me in loseing the weight and reaching my goals a little faster than I would on my own... Good luck to you I hope you reach your milestone and get your gift! Im a firm believer in treating yourself! :)

I dont think its wrong at all! I think it's a great idea!... I actually thought of that while trying to make myself feel better about waiting when I ordered it from fitbit. I even wrote a gift note to myself! Lol...but im excited to get it sooner because I want to track how active I am after surgery on the 9th. I want to set goals and try to reach them. Im hoping the flex will assit me in loseing the weight and reaching my goals a little faster than I would on my own... Good luck to you I hope you reach your milestone and get your gift! Im a firm believer in treating yourself! :)

Oh I love the idea of adding a gift note! I'm buying one for my sisters birthday gift as well because since I had surgery she's been really working hard on working out and eating better. It is cool that the fitbit syncs into myfitnesspal I bought the fitbit scale right before surgery and I love having everything sync together. Good luck on the 9th. If it makes you feel better when I got out of surgery I said I never want another surgery again but at 5 weeks out I can say I would do it all over again. :)

I have a fitbit flex and have been wearing it about two weeks. Last night it buzzed that I'd hit 10000 steps when I was rocking my my overstuffed chair, reading my kindle so I'm not too sure how accurate it is! It seems to measure rocks in the chair with steps. I need to look into that a little more because it was very random.

I like that it works with Myfitnesspal though it took me a little time to figure out how to make that happen. (go to myfitnesspal and hook to fitbit from there, not from fitbit to MFP) I'm now messing with my iPhone to see if I can get it to sync with the phone - woo-hoo, it does! My iPad is too old for sure.

Why doesn't it have a heart rate monitor? That seems like a huge oversight to me. Maybe I'm overestimating how simple (I think) that should be. If there was a way to get heart rate readings with it, I'd like it much more. I think I'd also buy the clip-on version over the Bracelet in the future because it would be nice to be able to hide it at times. I'd like to get the different colored bands at least.

I bought mine at Best Buy and was lucky to walk in and find one on the shelf. The kid helping me find them in the store kept trying to tell me what I was holding was only the bracelet part and not the device... so I told him to go price check it and it was the actual device.