Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am finally joining the club.

Welcome to all of you. I just moved to the great city of Longview from Houston. Have already found a great fill doctor here.I was'nt hungry after my surgery. Have had five fills never had real good restriction but once but I will have to say I don't think I have ever been real hungry since surgery. I only like 17 pounds being to goal. Been kinda slow lately but I know it will happen. The best of luck to all of you.:xena_banana:

My date is also the 21st, this pre-op diet is the worst, today day 4 I was a little dizzy but after i sat down for a while and then had a protien shake I was all better. Good luck and hope to hear from you.

AnnaP

What exactly are you doing pre-op? I have two shakes, a Breakfast of one egg and one piece of toast or some equivalents and a dinner of 6 oz. meat/fish/etc. and a cup of green vegetables.

I tend to get dizzy during the day. Drinking a shake does help. I tend to drink a little at a time to keep from getting dizzy - not sure if that is ok.

Hello everyone, I've also been lurking on this board as well as OBHelp.com. I have learned so much from you guys, and hope to be able to help others like you've helped me. I am also having surgery on Dec. 21, at Surgery Center of Richardson, with Dr. Benavides. I was approved last week and everything is happening so fast. I'm very excited! If anyone has any info about him and the facility I would appreciate it. ShyTexRose-maybe I'll see you there. My surgery is at 7:15 or 7:30am. (I forgot in my excitement!) Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and wish everyone a Happy Holiday season.

Hi BlackButterfly! I No how you are feeling! You are gonna love this, there couldn't be a better way, unless it were just self control., and as lot of us no, that's not possible. So with all that out. You have a date with a Band!! Good for you.

Look foreward to hear from you when you are done. Shirley...

Hi BlackButterfly! I No how you are feeling! You are gonna love this, there couldn't be a better way, unless it were just self control., and as lot of us no, that's not possible. So with all that out. You have a date with a Band!! Good for you.

Look foreward to hear from you when you are done. Shirley...

Blackbutterfly,

Please keep me posted on how things are going. I've had all of the pre-test and lap band solutions called me today to tell me what documents my insurance (BCBS) requires. I want Dr. Benevides to do my surgery. How longs was your process to get certified? What's his pre-op diet?

Hi, Blackbutterfly,

I am having the surgery at the same time on the same date and although my doctor usually does surgery at Surgery Center of Richardson, my insurance (BCBS) won't allow it there. But.... I will be thinking of you.

Elaine

I'm scheduled for banding on December 21st, and I'm already trying to think of ways to occupy myself to keep my mind off of food until I get my first fill!
After surgery, your appetite is diminshed drastically, which is how u can do it.

Hi All.

I can't say enough good things about the Surgery Center of Richardson. No self consciousness - no embarassment - they took the best possible care of me - and I was in and out so fast that my husband didn't even get to take advantage of the free lunch they offer to the person waiting.

You are all fortunate to be having your surgeries there. Elaine - I don't know about the hospital - but I have heard nothing but good things about your doc - so I am sure that you will have a great experience too.

Stay tough. The pre-op diet is the hardest part.

Hugs!