Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Humble Kingwood Atascocita Huffman Cypresswood

You guys PRAY for me! Dr. Miranda's office is calling my insurance company (United) TODAY to get approval for my initial consultation/surgery. Please pray, okay? I'm SO EXCITED!!:wub:

I still really want to meet and talk to you all. Maybe a Sunday evening works?

>'.'<

Good luck Rhonda. Just keep trying if you get turned down at first. We'll get together soon.

Should we try for dinner on Monday? I will be back from my cruise so home. We could meet earlier if that meets everyone's schedule. Let me know and suggestions for time and meeting place.

Hi everyone. I'm afraid I'm not going to be coming to any more meetings. I've just been diagnosed with incurable cancer, and I'm just not focused on my lap band anymore. Take care. Keep up the good fight and enjoy the journey.

Betsy

Betsy there are no words. Just remember that we met as a result of the lapband, but became friends. Please let us know how we can help. It would be great to still see you when you are able.

Besty sorry to hear that we will not be seeing you at our meeting. Just know that you are more than a band friend. We love you and willbe praying for you and your family.

You will beat this and we will see you later. Just remember you do not have to go throu this along God is there with you every step of the way.

If there is every anything I can do please just let us know.

Suzanne 281-987-3302.

Thanks, friends. This isn't a beatable situation...."incurable, untreatable, less than a year". We're going to do a little radiation to reduce a tumor that's been expecially painful, but other than that...no treatment offered except pain killers.

I just found out yesterday for sure, although we've been testeing to make sure for the last 3 weeks. All things considered, I'm doing pretty well with it. I've started my Bucket List, and I've started summarizing and handing things over the Dave. We're all going to die sometime. Knowing that it's sooner rather than later is an interesting opportunity to cram in some things and to get the chance to live in the moment with no worries of the future. Makes things in the present quite a bit more technicolor.

Besty I would like to come and visit with you sometimes when you are up for it. I enjoyed the visited with you at you wonderful home. I don`t want to push so let me know.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

This is stunning news. I'm so so sorry. I had so looked forward to getting to know all of you ladies over time and it just stuns me that sometimes the time we need is not there. Betsey, even though you don't know me well, I'm right here in Huffman, and would like to help in any way I might be able to. Just let me know. And Suzanne is right, you're not alone. Our Lord is right there waiting for you to invite him on this journey with you as a source of peace and comfort. He'll never let you down, just trust and believe in him.

Dee McGallion

Betsy - I don't know what to say. I just don't know what to say... If you feel up to it, let's try to get together again. Whenever you feel up to it - so we can give you a hug and show you how much we love you. I am sure we will come to you wherever and whenever you want. You are an incredible amazing woman. I love you my friend.

Yeah, given what's on the other side, I certainly don't fear death! Thanks, dear friends, for your kind words. I think in some ways this is easier for me than for people who are given a chance at living. I don't have hopes and uncertainties, long shot treatments, etc. It's clear. So rather than focusing on all those things, I can focus on the rest of my life. Odd, huh? I'm also trying to make sure those around me know that there are no taboo topics and no having to be polite with words. Gallow humor is OK too. Imminent death is now part of my life. It's odd. Many of my relative rushed down here over the weekend, from all over the country, wanting to see me before I die. We have had the best time! So much better than getting together for a funeral when I can't enjoy it! Everyone came wearing buttons that say "cancer sucks".

I'm doing my two weeks of radiation now, and assuming no horrible fatigue, I could probably meet you guys for dinner whenever.....and you're all certainly welcome over here to play with the animals. At this point, I'm actually in pretty good shape since I have my diagnosis and hence, much much better pain control!

Besty it is so good to hear from you. Andyes laughting is always the best meds. And I would love to come and bring Michael to see all your babies. The picture you gave me of all your guests at Christmas is is about done in from showing it off. People cannot believe you know all the names.

Keep on smileing. :frown: :drool: :eek: :wub: :tt2: :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:.

I'm not going to crowd this board with non lap band stuff...I promise. Just one more quick note, though.

I spent over a week in the hospital having had a raunchy response to chemo/radiation. Since there is no cure, they were just offering those things as a way to reduce the biggest tumor that was hurting so much. So we did this marathon, but only one time, 12 hour chemo. They anticipated only nausea as a possible reaction, and had me on lots of nausea meds. Well, the nausea meds didn't hold me and I felt nausea in every ounce of my body. It was a nightmare, and even in sleep, I could still feel it. What made if worse was that I couldn't keep my pain medicine down so the pain was unbelievable. All in all, getting to the hospital to try to get things under control by IV was a blessing, and took awhile.

I got home last night and went to see Mom this morning. She has moved from the hospital to rehab, but chances are, she won't be coming home, and will instead move to a nursing home. Near the last of her stay at home, she was unable to feed herself, and was incontinent and struggling with dementia. She had a bladder infection, it turns out, on top of just a general decline. It was good to see her.

Dave has been handling everything....my illness and trips to MD Anderson, feeding Mom by spoon and getting her into the hospital...plus the dogs, plus his job. He looks so tired, and he's done it all without missing a beat. Good grief...he even did my laundry!

I need to spend some time adjusting to taking this mound of pills correctly and getting my strength. I didn't have a meal for over a week, and actually still haven't, although I can take bites of carbs occasionally.

On the way to the hospital this last time, Dave was driving and I was thinking that staying alive any longer feeling like this was truly not worth it at all. I wanted to die...quickly! And then the pain stopped for just a minute and I felt that I was held cradled in two big hands. I snuggled in as closely as I could and rode the rest of the way to the hospital that way. He told me to remember to only ask of the doctors what is theirs to give, and to only ask of Dave what is his as a mortal husband....and to ask for God's help when it is God's to give....that He was always there, but that I kept forgetting. I've been chastised by my Father! The rest of the ride was more than bearable. It was wonderful. He comforted me during the last week.....I hope I don't need that big a lesson often in order to remember who has me in the palms of his hands!

Mom's best friend, age 91, in coming to see Mom Monday, so I'm resting up for that. I also have to get my gallows humor in check. It seems to be uncomfortable for folks at times. But I made a bunch of good friends in the hospital...3 of my doctors are coming up tomorrow to tour the camp. We'll be watching their dogs from now on. And the Chaplain, who is a woman my age, is coming up on her motorcycle.

ALL OF WHICH IS TO SAY....whenever you guys get together next, I'd like to come, whether I can eat or not, at least to say hi!

Betsy

www.GoldenRetrieverCamp.com

Besty, It is good to heard from you. Happy to know you are home. That in itself must make you feel better.

And yes those hands that were around you were indeed your Fathers arms.

Please keep up in touch with how you are doing. Remember you started this thread.

Michael and I have put you on the prayer list at church. And remember He only gives us what he know we can take. Take care we love you.