Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Humble Kingwood Atascocita Huffman Cypresswood

Come join us. We are bandsters without a local support group, and we're going to meet, say hi, and chat about possibly starting our own group.

We are meeting this Wednesday December 13 at 6:30 PM at Humble City Cafe near the SE corner of the intersection of 1960 and 59, on Main Street.

Let me know if you're coming and I'll make a reservation in the name of Bandsters.

Thanks for getting this started. I'll be there. Hopefully, we can gather in the others in our area. There are many. This time of year it is difficult with all the other activities going on, so if we don't get a good response we'll keep trying.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Gosh, wish I had viewed this last night. Please let me know about another meeting in Humble area. I'll be there. I live in Humble. Dr Spivak is my surgeon. I had my surgery Oct 16 2006. I lost 23 pounds and go for my first fill on Thursday Dec 21! Hope someone replies to me. Thanks, Lana

Alright! That makes 3 of us! Do you prefer weekdays, evenings, or weekends for meeting. I'm a Spivak bandster too. Got my first fill Monday. I gotta tell you...they couldn't find my port entry at first and had to move the needle around...and it didn't hurt! I was nervous for no reason! It's sooo simple!

HI BetsyJane,

I can do weekdays. I'm retired for now. Might go back to work part time, but might not. Yikes, I hope they can find my port. So glad you responded. I'm so glad it didn't hurt. Did it change how much you eat yet? I was doing so good on my weight till I started making Christmas candy. How stupid was that? Hope to see you soon. It might be best to wait till after Christmas & New Years. But I'm game for anything.

I was so looking forward to my fir5st fill. Seems like I was back to my old habits just before. Unfortunately the fill didn't do a whole lot, but it's enough that I'm being pretty good. They said it might absorb into the dry band the first time, and I guess it did. I'm going to call for an appt next week to get another one. This one feels like it's almost but not quite there. Mostly I feel it in the morning. And if I eat really slowly and mindfully, I can get a nice hint of it. But I can also eat just about anything. When I called, she said if I could eat a whole chicken breast, I should get more fill. So I will. As much as I want the weight to tumble off like it did at first, I guess I'm supposed to be learning patience! And now I know that getting the fill is no big deal!

:eek: I'll be at the surgicenter 11am Thursday to see Dr Spivak maybe I'll see you there. I have no experience on the fill's. I hope mine helps. What I do know is I have to get rid of the candy in the house. I was off of sweets completely and was doing so well. In fact I think I'll get rid of it right now. Talk to you soon. Good luck on the next fill. I'll keep in touch and let you know how mine goes. Lana

I also live in Humble and would definately be interested in meeting. My husband and I were both banded by Dr. Spiegel on Dec 5th. We sure need all the support we can get right now :-)

Jennifer

HI Jennifer,

Great and congrats. I think the plan is to meet in January. That makes 4 or 5 of us in the area if we include your Hubby (and we sure do!). Keep watching and keep in touch. Thanks

Woo hoo! We are growing! Let's take a poll. How many can meet during the day on a weekday, and how many need a Saturday instead?