Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Humble Kingwood Atascocita Huffman Cypresswood

I love Panera bread and the 13th works fine for me. Had a fantastic trip to Nebraska to see the grandbabies, got the daughter temporarily moved home while her hubby is deployed, living with FIVE weenie dogs in my house... oh my... Did I mention Cassidy's air went out in her car and she and I (along with 3 of the weenies) had to drive from Oklahoma to here with no AC??? Yikes!!! Anyhow - Kitty - I love the EAS Protein Drink, tried the Isopure and while the taste is ok they feel "dry" to me... (I think I am going to use what I have left and mix it with some fruit for a smoothie or something - they are pretty expensive.) I have ordered some of the nectar flavors and while they taste pretty good they smell DISGUSTING but if you put them in a cup with a top you won't smell it and it isn't so bad. Also - you can mix any of the Protein powders with Water and they aren't so bad and you won't get all the milk sugars. Go to Vitalady.com - Protein supplements, Vitamins & Minerals, and Safe Snacks! and you can order sample sizes of a bunch of different Protein Drinks and not have to put out a chunk of money on something you hate. She is very nice to deal with also. Both she and her husband are gastric bypass patients so her Proteins and suppliments are geared toward weight loss and not muscle building. She has vitamins and stuff on there also but I have only ordered protein and some of the beef sticks (slim jim type but high protein, low cal and sugar, and pretty yummy). There is a yahoo group that deals strickly with protein issues for wls people that is very helpful. I got a recipe that has you take a snickers Protein Bar, a scoop of Protein Powder, some Peanut Butter, ice - and it seems like a couple of other things and blend it all together to make a protein super cocktail - yummy and good to get in a bunch of protein but kind of high in calories and sugar so a little dab will do ya. Wow - what a rambling post!! That's what happens when you are off your rocker I guess... LOL

OK Panera's sounds good. I'll see you about 6:15. I'll be wearing my black pjs from Tai Chi. :)

I have been eating non stop since yesterday. DIck's son is in and we have hit all the good restaurants. Going to La Villa tonight, but heaven knows what I'll eat. I'm stuffed to the gills.

Thanks Cyndie, I just got samples in from the Vitalady today. An drank an eas fro dinner tonight, so even though I don't have a surgery date yet, I'm at least starting to figure out what I will be able to use and what I just can't choke down for anything. Looking forward to seeing you all on Mon. the 13th at 6:15 at Panera bread. Hello to Betsy and Barbara.

Well Ladies, It looks like I will be entering bandworld soon. :clap2:Yesterday I got the ok to go forward from my PCP.:) So now I just have to make an appointment with my surgeon to set a date and do the pre op diet (yuk),:hungry: and I'm there. Can you say optimistically trepidacious.:omg: That's what I think I am.

Off to my niece's wedding. Its going to be as hot in Charlotte as here. Be careful if you're going out in the heat.

See ya'll Monday for dinner at Panera's!

I have a new invention to share with you. I was looking at that BodyBugg thing that tracks your exercise and your calories...for $400 plus a monthly subscription!!!!! I have really wanted to track my calories without carrying a pencil and paper with me. So here's what I'm doing and it works great!

I've had the band long enough to know roughly how many calories a meal or snack has. So I put a rubber band around my finger, starting with the pinkie of my left hand. Each finger is 100 calories. Today, so far, the rubber band has moved to my left pointer finger, so I've had 400 calories. When I get to the little finger of my right hand, I'm through for the day. Anything gets rounded up or down to the nearest 100.

I may or may not be there tonight. Just getting over a head cold. I think I'm OK, but you know how it is...Have to see if I'm still not symptomatic by evening. Don't want to spread it.....

Well I hope you show up. I haven't seen that anyone has accepted. All there others for tonight? I don't see this site at work so I guess I'll just show up.