Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Humble Kingwood Atascocita Huffman Cypresswood

Woo hoo! 4.5!!!!!! conghrats! any words of wisdom?

I contacted Spivak's for him to look at the xray. I'll let you know what he has to say. I think I'd rather talk with him about it that the 3 superstars who lost their weight on 600 calories a day and few fills. I know...that was tacky. I'm really tickled for them....and for you! Great loss!

Words of Wisdom??? I wish. I was stuck on 40 pounds for quite awhile. I'm doing Healthy Choice dinners(the one's with desert are yummy to me. After the meeting I went to more veg's/salads and Protein and still Healthy Choice meals. I have an egg for breadfast or oatmeal. I try really hard not to snack and do better than before, but still slip some days. I hope my mish mash plan keeps working.

It was interesting talking with that cute little woman who is usually there when you get a fill....our cheerleader whose name escapes me. She said that after you get through 8-11 months with the band, you actually stop thinking about what you are going to eat. It just comes naturally to never be hungry and to be uninterested in food. She said she eats very little, and correctly, naturally now, and if she splurges, she just naturally knows that she will go to the gym to work it off. She said beginners (me) sweat over everything and then there's this change where it's just there....everything is in place. She said she seems to have "replaced food with other habits." I don't know for what percentage of people that is true, but it sounds lovely, doesn't it?

Hope everything is OK with your pouch and you get it back to normal. You never seemed to be complaining about being too restricted so I still wonder ....

Are we on for Monday night at La Villa? Will you be back from KS by then BetsyJane?

I'm still doing curves and liking it. I've strained my weak left knee so I laid off it tonight. Last night I went to Spiegel's support meeting. They had the chef from University General. He was interesting, but deals more with bariatric patients. He is on The Zone diet and passed it out to us. It doesnt gel with the band, but you can get some good ideas from it.

I'm 8 months out and find I'm more willing to try things that have scared me in the past. I had the edge of a piece of toast and felt the wonderful golf ball. I was able to recover after about 15 minutes. I have also enjoyed those 100 calorie bags of popcorn. I would never have touched that a few months ago. I don't think much about the food anymore, but I still think about what I'm eating. However, I really don't have restriction so I'm not the average bandster.

Doing fine. I just wonder since I was restricted to liquids until noon or 2PM, if I might have been forcing solid lunches that backed up in the band... Who knows. Dr. says no slippage. I just know it put the fear of God in me and I'm stopping when I feel the slightest fullness, so I guess that's a good thing.

Sounds like you are becoming a mature bandster! And you have your first sports injury, so you are officially an athlete.

I'll be back for the Monday night La Villa fest. I'd like Mom to stay longer in KC, but at 90, her world has shrunk, and she wants to get back to her own home.

I just got a post from Poodles who says that if the band is too tight, even Water can back up and stretch the pouch. I wonder if my morning shake when I felt restricted was contributing. I know I was drinking and not sipping. Who knows.

I have had 2 PBs in 2 days. This is definitely something new for me. I usually don't recover from them. I guess in a way this is a good thing. :girl_hug:

Hope everyone can come to La Villa Monday night at 5:30. I'll have my DH get a long table in the middle for us. I'll be going to curves so I should just get there at 5:30 or a few minutes after. It depends on traffic and how fast I can get up to curves and then over to you guys. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

Um now getting hung up at evening meal. This is definitely something new for me. I tried to eat some fish, but got the golf ball. So far I'm able to recover which is definitely new for me.

See you all tomorrow at 5:30 La Villa.

That's great on the recovery, Barbara!

I'm back from KC. What a hoot. 85 people at a 90 year old's birthday party, all ages, but quite a few were school mates from my mother's high school! A bunch of healthy bright 90 year olds, looking like a Dove Pro-Age ad! What great fun. And my mother was the surprise guest, attending the 90th birthday party of her best friend of 80 years. They don't make better memories than that.

You guys will get a kick out of this. I was getting tired on the drive up, so I put my ipod shuffle on...It's all my upbeat workout music. Mom wanted to hear what it sounded like, so she put it on and was surprised that I had a lap band song on there. What? A lap band song. So she started singing it in that overly loud off key way that we all sing when we have headphones on.... in was Donna Summers...."Lap band. Lap band for loooove. Yes it's my lap band lap band toniiiiight....."

Well, after my pouch dilation...which I am now convinced was due to having a bit too much restriction in the mornings, and food and liquids just sitting there waiting to go down.....I can definitely say that going on liquids for a few days set everything straight. I feel great. Meals are the quantity they should be.

It put the fear of God in me, though. It's a funny thing. Now, when I eat what I think is a bite or 2 too much, I go to liquids for the next meal in case I stretched to pouch. It's overkill, I'm sure, but it's just happening naturally. Sort of like eating high calorie food and then automatically knowing I have to go to the gym and work it off. (That last part isn't happening yet, but I'm working on it.) I survived the birthday party with catered food, and felt comfortable. And lost a pound in those 4 days.

The other benefit to the stretched pouch thing is that since whatzername told me that after around 8 months, you being to not even think much about eating because it's lost its interest and "I've developed new hobbies". She was telling me that this concentration on all things bandster kind of fades and becomes much more natural. I believe it. I get little glimpses of it. I'm looking for those times now.

And finally, the bandsters at goal weight who eat around 600 calories a day? Although I eat many more calories than that, hearing that helped me to think differently about calories and I think my calorie intake has gone down a little as a result.

All in all, having had a pouch dilation was probably just what I needed.....

Wow are you losing weight!!!! Woo hoo!

If you're coming up FM2100, go through Crsoby and Huffman to FM1960 and turn left. Go over the lake (Lake Houston) and it's on the left. Can somebody else think of what the landmarks are getting to La Villa? We'll be there at 5:30.

i think i know the place! i am excited to meet everyone! what is the reservation under so i will know who to ask for???

I think it's just past the intersection of 1960 and Pinehurst.

We'll be at a table in the front. One or two guys and 3 or 4 women would be best guess. I'll take my blank sign for the table...so if you are sensitive about being "outed", we won't....

I'm hoping I stay awake long enough to be there. I'm fading fast after my trip!