Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Humble Kingwood Atascocita Huffman Cypresswood

My DH is going to join us at 6:30. It's his favorite restaurant as well. I figure he will leave before we are done talking, but if any of the guys want to come there will be one there. :)

Deb, If you need me to meet you somewhere around Humble on 1960 and lead you, I would be glad to do that. Just let me know:) Lana

OK, it shows that the insurance co cc my doctor's office the letter. But I didn't want to wait. I made a copy and left it at the house - Came into work, called them and got the fax number - went to the fax machine and it was broke. Good thing DH at home - called him and had him to fax the copy I left at the house. They called me and I am scheduled for my pre-op on tomorrow 2/27 and surgery is 3/1. I will be in banded land real soon. I will be depending on you guys - I'm sure ya'll will come through. I'm off tomorrow and so I will take my pictures. I bought some new batteries for my camera, however; I placed them on the table and they are no longer there. Do you think the kids got them - they all are listening to their cd players now.:) :) Oh well, I'll just go get some more. I'm so glad they can do it so quick.

Read about dinner tonight - I can't wait to be able to join you guys- I would come tonight, but since surgery is Thursday - I want to get the house in order before - cook up some food for DH and laundry and stuff - I will keep you guys posted.

That was really fun tonight. Laughter is great medicine.

Sounds like the schedule is....

Humble City Cafe 6:30 PM March 12

La Villa in Atascocita 5:30 PM March 26 (I will have just driven nonstop from Kansas City the day before so I may be goofy....)

Lana-I can go to Spivak's meeting the 13th, if that's when it is. What time?

(There's also a Houston support meeting on the 17th at Central Co-op.)

Hey Betsy, It was great to get together again:) I really like the support and friendship of our little group. The Spivak meeting is March 13 Tuesday 7-8pm. I have one little conflict on that night that I hope to take care of tomorrow. I will let you know asap. It shouldn't be a problem, but I had forgotten about it till I got home. I really would like to go to the meeting together--let you know real soon. Thanks also for the "very interesting" reading--that was crazy! Love stuff like that! You gals have great guys--so supportive. Hope to intoduce my other half of 39 years at the next La Villa meet.

Lana-If not this month, we'll go next month..... No hurry for me!

Barbara-It was great to meet John! He's proud of you. Aw, newlyweds!

Betsy, got things taken care of, so we are on for the meeting. As I think about it, I think I had to register. But what would they do if I brought you with me? If you want to check it out. It's Wanda Chase that is running the meeting for him. She is supposed to be a very successful bandster. I sent her an email to Spivakbandmd@yahoo.com. and she got it and responded very quickly and kindly--said I could ask questions anytime.

Hello everyone. I have just found your thread and would love to be part of your happy group. I was band by Dr.Spiegel on June 16 06. I understand he wants us to attend 4 of his group meeting at his office. Well, I can`t do that bc I do not drive downtown by my self. It would be great if I could meet up with some of you guys and maybe ride together. I live in Aldine off of Lee RD. and Aldine Bender. I understand that you all will be meeting in Humble on March 12 @ 6:30 is that right? I think I may have talked to a few of you girls some time back. But can`t remember.

I will tell you a little about my self. I run a day care out of my home. And I love to scrapbook and my husband Michael and I are members of GWRRA a motorcycle group in Humble. He rides a goldwing and I have a shadow 750. Michael works nights so I would love to meet with you all when every is good for you all. I am also a member of TOPS Take off pounds sensibly. But the real problem is that NO ONE knows that I have had the surgery. I will explan that later. O.K. there is one more thing about myself bc I am around kids all day I do love to talk just a heads up on that.

Thanks for letting me be part of your happy group, it is just what I have been looking for. Have a great day.

biker grammy.

I'd love to have you join us! The more imput the better. I won't be at the meeting on the 12th, my son is just getting back from Bagdad after a year of service. I'm sure you'll like the group, very warm and friendly. I've really enjoyed the support and am learning a lot. Hope to meet you soon.

Betsy, I think the idea of totally eliminating foods is going to get us in trouble. But the truth is, it's calories in vs. calories out. cheese as you know is high in calories. After La Villa I had 2 weeks without loss--that food was soooo tasty and smooth I ate it all and then wanted more--went back the next Saturday. And it sort of got me started thinking about more smooth food and how great that tasted--so I had other things that got me eating to much of easy to swallow foods. So I have to be very careful setting myself up for that kind of pleasure. I do better--of course--meat first--veg's--but then I still eat potatoes or rice or bread, but I fill up sooner with that kind of food, so I lose weight. The smooth food like Mexican, Lasagna, spaghetti--a little dangerous for me. Just my take on things for now:)