Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stretched Sleeve Already?

Hi guys! I had my surgery on April 10th and have been doing pretty well. Today I drank my 11 ounce protien drink on my 45 minute drive to work and then a few hours later had a 6 ounce yogurt. Is this too much at a sitting? Am I stretching my sleeve out? I feel like I shouldn't be able to tolerate that much, but I can and I have zero symptoms from it. I can't tolerate near that quantity of solid food, I had a tiny piece of fish for dinner and had maybe four or five small bites before I felt done. Thoughts? Thanks!

From what I have heard..Protein drinks and Yogurt are considered "slider" foods. They go down real easy and take little work digesting, hence why you can drink and eat tons of it and not "feel" full. The more nutrient dense and solid your food..the harder to digest..That's why you can only eat a few bites of fish.

My suggestion would be to either increase your nutrient dense foods...aka.. vegetables or meat.. OR ...add some Benefibre to your shake..the fibre will make it harder to beak down in your stomach and you will feel more full.

you are eating sliders.

It is not likely that you are stretching your pouch. I am not of the opinion that its "impossible" (although some say it is) but I think it would take more than yogurt to do so.

Hi guys! I had my surgery on April 10th and have been doing pretty well. Today I drank my 11 ounce protien drink on my 45 minute drive to work and then a few hours later had a 6 ounce yogurt. Is this too much at a sitting? Am I stretching my sleeve out? I feel like I shouldn't be able to tolerate that much' date=' but I can and I have zero symptoms from it. I can't tolerate near that quantity of solid food, I had a tiny piece of fish for dinner and had maybe four or five small bites before I felt done. Thoughts? Thanks![/quote']

Shelly I too feel the same way n was wondering if my stomach had stretch which I'm scared of. I was sleeved 10 days before you on 4/1

I was worried that I had stretched my pouch too. I never know when I am full and just stop. I had surgery Apr 15 so I was on liquids until tues and then full liquids. I am so glad to hear I am eating sliders. I wondered why I never felt full. I was drinking my Protein shake earlier and was watching tv and realized I had drank the whole thing in about 5 min.

I don't think its possible to stretch your sleeve out like you have been able to in the past. The reason being: They cut out the wall of your stomach that is stretchable and leave in tact, whats now known as your sleeve, which is composed of smooth muscle. Have you ever tried to rip a muscle apart? Or what about steak? Have you ever tried to rip a steak in half? It's tough to do so. Point is: You have a low chance of stretching your stomach. What you do have a chance of, however, is gaining weight from eating all the wrong foods and getting away with slider foods that dont fill you up because they breakdown and digest too easily in the body without your stomach having to work at it to digest.

Think about it this way : Is it easier to fill a glass with a cup of yogurt? Or a a slab of steak?

Think about it this way : Is it easier to fill a glass with a cup of yogurt? Or a a slab of steak?

that is a fantastic way to put it.