Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Garcia vs. Dr. Aceves?

For the ones who saw Dr. Garcia in Florence Hospital how long did you stay there and how was the nurses there? I mean how did they do with putting your iv in?

I read on here a lot of people had good experiences with the doctors but had trouble with the nurses not being able to find veins, nurses being loud and not answering when you call for them. This may have been at the Mi hospital though.

The nurses were great and the hospital was real quiet! When you're dehydrated any nurse would have a difficult time finding your vein. She didn't tough me with a needle until she was certain she had a good vein.

I had the same question. Its seems as though you fully recover at the hospital with Aceves' date=' along with him being more one on one and more attentive than some of the others. He's been a doctor I believe for the longest and has lots of accolades. That being said I'm going to Garcia on May 31st at Florence/Oasis Hospital. Garcia is just as qualified and I fill very confident in his ability to take care of me. I'm going to pray hard as I have done with every surgery I've had and hope for the best![/quote']

Dr Garcia was aeesome and his whole team ... you will want to bring dr luna home with u he is adorable. I had a great experience

I agree' date=' last I heard his price was going to increase 500. Anyone who's recently booked with him care to share his price?[/quote']

I paid 4560.00 hsd surgery 4/9 but I cut 2 days off hotel stay. Instead of coming day before I flew in same day and had surgery and left one day early. My friend is set for june 1 and she is paying 4700.00 but staying whole time. Hope that helps. :-)

I had Dr Kelly, but that doesn't change your nurses. My nurse got my IV in first try and I am horrible to find a vein in.

Also, if your deciding factor is how long you could stay in the hospital you are welcome to stay in florence for another night for $500. I originally planned to do that if needed but the morning of the second day I was like get me outta here! Loved it but I felt great and wanted to explore TJ a bit etc.

Hi,

I live in San Diego and I do know of a few patients who went to both dr's and Dr.Guillermo Alvarez (endobariatric). Many end up choosing Dr. Aceves or Alvarez for their own personal reasons and all have been completely satisfied with their surgery.

Has anyone in the past year had any infections with Garcia? I read some posts around this time last year a few people with Garcia were sent home with terrible infections. They had to visit the ER at home to get it cleared up, but it took a while. Just wondering if there were still any issues with that.

I had dr. Garcia and have had no issues. Sleeved 4/9

Just to be clear, I did NOT have my surgery with any of these Dr's, however, I know of people who did seek out all 3 of these Dr's and proceeded on to a normal healthy life and had no complications.

No, since that has not bee written, I would like to bring to the table that there is a handful of people who do end up with complications for various reasons. Some maybe due to preexisting conditions, while others maybe due to not following a Dr's protocol exactly, and some maybe due to downright bad luck.

Remember, it is highly likely that there are MORE successful surgeries coming from these 3 Dr's than unsuccessful ones, and many of those very successful cases may not be advertising their success on these boards. Usually half of the people who will post have questions or complications and the other half are diligent members.

We do NOT know the circumstance surrounding those who had infections, nor do we know if each of us fits that's person's medical profile to a "T", either.... we may never fully know.

The bottom line is, Don't get too worked up on stuff like this. There are so many factors that contributed to those cases. If you do exactly what your Dr. says you will be fine.

I'm seeing dr Garcia May 11th - first day of pre op diet today - this **** just got real!

I paid an extra $1000 for the single incision through my belly button for less scaring and healing time (I've read different things on that) alma & dr Garcia both answer all my questions so quickly. I'm even investigating getting a crown on my tooth while there.

I'm seeing dr Garcia May 11th - first day of pre op diet today - this **** just got real!

I paid an extra 1000 for the single incision through my belly button for less scaring and healing time (I've read different things on that) alma & dr Garcia both answer all my questions so quickly. I'm even investigating getting a crown on my tooth while there.

You are only doing 4 days preop diet? I thought it was 1 week for BMI's under 40...ohhh and good luck

Just to let you know the other lap incisions really are not that big and they do fade away.

I am happy that you are getting what you want though, you may want to wait until after surgery before getting your crown fixed too. sometimes during anesthesia crowns can be knocked loose....at least that is what was written down on the disclosure I signed.

Just to let you know the other lap incisions really are not that big and they do fade away.

I am happy that you are getting what you want though' date=' you may want to wait until after surgery before getting your crown fixed too. sometimes during anesthesia crowns can be knocked loose....at least that is what was written down on the disclosure I signed.[/quote']

I would have it after the surgery (I'm stayin 3 days at the Marriott) and as for the incisions, I have bad reactions to the stitches and get massive scarring (2 breast surgerys) ... I figure 1 in my belly button is better then all over. My body gets allergic & rejects them lol

Ok nevermind rollergirl ur BMI is 30..i can see why u only do 3-4 days on the liquids..

Lol yep ... I've been so worried about this diet ... It's 12 midday on day 1 and I'm trying to keep myself full .. Just finished a big subway salad and already thinking of my next meal