Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The beloved "Food Funeral".

Are you journaling with an app like My Fitness Pal? I am a bit obsessive compulsive so notating everything I eat and drink helps a lot. You can put it on your phone, iPad, computer... I added a ton of like minded friends so we can watch each other, too. It's much harder to eat when the world is watching for me. Also, we have decided to hold each other accountable and I can't do that if I am not holding myself accountable.

If you are doing MFP, inbox me your user name. I am happy to give you a kick in the rear as long as you do the same in return. :D

Tomorrow is a new day, and I hope that whatever triggered such a negative response to what was meant to be a positive post gets better for you, AussieLady. Such bitterness is also a reason to seek professional help. LipstickLady and BayouGal, you're going to ROCK your sleeves!

I have a few close friends that have been sleeved, and each seems to have her own food intolerances. One can't eat oatmeal or bread without feeling ill, and the other would get stomach discomfort and diarrhea with too much sugar intake until 5-6 months out. So I've been asking myself, should I have a "Last Supper" of sorts? Should I binge on deep dish pizza, salted caramel cupcakes, french fries, and the other things that got me in this position in the first place? I've decided that my new, healthy lifestyle starts now, so I'm going to pass on pigging out. The surgery is just a tool and won't do the work for us, so why wait to get started? We're all different, and some will pig out, others won't. As long as we get to where we want to be, and pick up the skills along the way to help us keep it off, I won't judge another's thoughts or choices.

I want there to come a day where I can eat one small slice of pizza, one cupcake, or a small order of french fries and feel satisfied. :) I'm not a psychologist, nor will I pretend to play one on the internet, but I think everyone that comes to make the choice to have surgery has food issues on some level. The sleeve isn't going to do the work for us, obviously, but can be used a tool to not only lose weight, but pick up better habits and learn to live a healthier lifestyle.

Okay, I'm finished ranting. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing!

Tomorrow is a new day' date=' and I hope that whatever triggered such a negative response to what was meant to be a positive post gets better for you, AussieLady. Such bitterness is also a reason to seek professional help. LipstickLady and BayouGal, you're going to ROCK your sleeves!

I have a few close friends that have been sleeved, and each seems to have her own food intolerances. One can't eat oatmeal or bread without feeling ill, and the other would get stomach discomfort and diarrhea with too much sugar intake until 5-6 months out. So I've been asking myself, should I have a "Last Supper" of sorts? Should I binge on deep dish pizza, salted caramel cupcakes, french fries, and the other things that got me in this position in the first place? I've decided that my new, healthy lifestyle starts now, so I'm going to pass on pigging out. The surgery is just a tool and won't do the work for us, so why wait to get started? We're all different, and some will pig out, others won't. As long as we get to where we want to be, and pick up the skills along the way to help us keep it off, I won't judge another's thoughts or choices.

I want there to come a day where I can eat one small slice of pizza, one cupcake, or a small order of french fries and feel satisfied. :) I'm not a psychologist, nor will I pretend to play one on the internet, but I think everyone that comes to make the choice to have surgery has food issues on some level. The sleeve isn't going to do the work for us, obviously, but can be used a tool to not only lose weight, but pick up better habits and learn to live a healthier lifestyle.

Okay, I'm finished ranting. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing![/quote']

I just don't understand, I have no bitterness. I'm just trying to get through the reality of being sleeved. But hey, live in the fantasy world if you prefer. Once you are sleeved you will know where I am coming from completely.

FindingElise, you are wonderful. I will happily live in my "fantasy land" for the rest of my life if it means looking forward with eagerness, excitement and positivity towards what my future will bring me.

Strike that. Positivity towards what the future *that I am building for myself* will bring.

I just don't understand, I have no bitterness. I'm just trying to get through the reality of being sleeved. But hey, live in the fantasy world if you prefer. Once you are sleeved you will know where I am coming from completely.

I agree. You just don't understand how bitter and judgemental you come across. Perhaps you might go back and read some of what you post. Starting with the snarky comment in the above post. Sheesh! <_<

Dealing with one's emotions and taking control of eating habits is a huge part of preparing for the sleeve. Why is that so hard to understand? I did the same thing. I am also living with the reality of my sleeve and quite frankly, gaining control of my emotions and eating habits prior to being sleeved has helped me in the process. There are still lots of hurdles and realities I have yet to face but having a handle on these things I have no doubt will help see me through.

I hope the same for you. Just a suggestion, perhaps a little understanding and compassion for those who come after can help those of us who have been there.

It feels good to pay it forward. Try it sometime. :)

I think that's amazing, Lipstick! I wish I would have done that as well. I are so much before my pre op diet, I was completely miserable! I ate crap that I didn't even eat before and gained 10 pounds.

Taking control now is great! You may have obsessed over your food funeral before but you stopped it! That's admirable. If I had done that, I'd be at least 10 pounds lighter right now. You are one step closer to ridding yourself of bad habits than I was before surgery. I'm sure you'll have difficult days. We all do,but nothing in what you've posted indicates the need for professional help. Good luck with the pre op and surgery!

I think you both really need to talk to a professional before you have this surgery. You both seem to really have the wrong perception about what you are about to do.

still lmao @ this one

I guess I'm a weird one. I had no "food funeral" because I took the supervised six month pre-surgical weight loss period very seriously. I lost 100lbs prior to being sleeved by changing my habits and listening to the nutritionist. I was terrified of falling off the wagon by the time my surgery date rolled around.

Now that I'm six months post-op, 133lbs lighter since surgery I'm excessively careful about following the rules that were set forth. I make mistakes and I have had complications and deviating from the game plan would (in my opinion) only make it worse.

As a former "foodie" and a total food addict this is a change that will never be easy for me. Being sleeved was considered an EXTREME measure because I was eating myself to death at almost 500lbs. Along with being sleeved I did seek professional help from a psychologist that deals with eating disorders and body dysmorphia- both things that I'll deal with for the rest of my life.

Whether you track your food or you don't; whether you "cheat" on your pre-op liquid diet or you have a food funeral or you don't; ultimately the weight loss with the sleeve is going to slow down and we're all going to have decisions to make. It's a lifestyle change. It's a whole new mindset. My personal decision was to start as early as possible to get the best possible results for as long as possible. Only YOU can be responsible for your own choices and decisions.