Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Life as a Bandster

The posts here are great. Bandiva, I try to get myself everyday to relax, do my best, and take one day at a time. Notice I said 'try'. We are all guilty of being too hard on ourselves. I think the goal is to 'just live each day the best you can', some days are good, some aren't. Cut yourself a break, give yourself positive reinforcement when you do something good, and try your best. I think the worst thing we can do to ourselves is beat ourselves up, that in turn just makes it worse. Let's face it, we could all die tommorow, so enjoy today!!!! The band WILL work, in the end, you'll get there. Let's just all enjoy the ride, and the fact we live in a era that has IT!!!

About your fill, when I went from .9 to 1.4 I felt that huge. When I went from 1.4 to 1.6 I felt that . When I went from 1.6 to 2.0 I felt nothing, I was really surprised. Then went I went from 2 to 2.5, that was big too, I'm good for a while. Every fill is different, and can act differently through-out the time you have it. Give it a few more weeks, then even though I know it's a pain, go for another fill!!

Hi Everyone! I have been lurking around, just kind of quiet lately. Been having some problems with my sugar addiction lately, but today is a new day! I know I need to start exercising to get feeling better etc. so I hired a trainer 3 days per week. I think it will give me the kick in the pants that I need. She is also trained in nutrition and will help me that way.

Thanks for all your support everyone. BTW, my second fill kicked in 11 days later...it was like the gates of hell slammed shut. Couldn't even keep icecream down (but I lived through it!) Time to be serious. I think I have a mental block about 50 lbs....too bad, I am breaking through.

NSV...I am off all meds! Yippee!

Well everyone, I have some bad news. Yesterday, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. It took her by suprise (we were told Thursday that all tests came back clear) and so she didn't ask many questions. I am trying to just be positive and hope they caught it early, but to be honest, I have a bad gut feeling about this. My mom has always been healthy and so I hope she can fight this. She is 78, and a high strung person, so right now her biggest enemy is stress. I have her convinced to take some anti-anxiety meds to help her through the next couple weeks at least. (I am going to pop a few myself). Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I was going to go for a walk when I found out, and I went to DQ instead. I need to learn healthier ways to deal with stress, hopefully working iwth a trainer will help that. I am very fortunate to have you all, a supportive husband and kids, and my clients at work are terrific. I was thinking last night about how I would normally handle this...shut down, shut people out, control everything that I could and suffocate the pain with food. I don't want to go there this time, so I am going to reach out to others and try to be as physically and mentally healthy as I can. Thanks for listening. xoxo Everything is going to be OK. I just don't want her to suffer.

Hope you are all doing well on your journey! It is amazing how fast time goes by!

Victoria.

all the best to your mom Bandiva...that is distressing news. Yes, be strong for her...but don't forget to take care of yourself too....otherwise you won't be the best you can be for her.

Hang in there....the outcomes are much better these days; I hope they caught it early.

I live for the day when nobody knows anybody with cancer.

Bandiva, my thoughts and prays are also with you and your mother. There are so few words one can say especially when they do not know you, but I felt I had to say something so you know you are not alone and that you will find comfort.

My life has been hit with this disease more than once and I know how difficult it can be. Last year I decided to walk in the Breast cancer walk here in Alberta. For my niece, my sister inlaw, and more than one dear friend. I felt I needed to do something, anything to try to help so I put on my runners and walked to raise money that might one day help find the cure for this. It was the most amazing experience I have ever had.

I know that right now you have so much on your mind but if you get a chance to be part of something like this... I can't tell you how wonderful it could be for you, please give it some thought. It is a positive way to work through emotions that we used to drown in food. The friends you will meet along the way will mean so much too.

I hope this doesn't sound like a sales pitch, please know that my heart goes out to you both.

Condolensces on your mom, I hope it all work out for the good.

Damn the DQ, they have combined my 2 favorite pre-band foods, Kit-kats and Blizzards. It could be my undoing.

Andrew

Damn the DQ, they have combined my 2 favorite pre-band foods, Kit-kats and Blizzards. It could be my undoing.

Andrew

Are we twins separated at birth??

Are we twins separated at birth??

I am not sure, but what I remember of my grandma was that she was also a big fan of the kit kat. Maybe it is genetic?

Really though, maybe that will be my little treat this week. Me and DH will split a small one. Confession time, I have been to DQ once a week since I was banded. Now I will say seven hail Mary's and work out a little harder at lunch.

Andrew

It does not seem to be affecting your weight loss!!

I am not really into deprivation too much. It is not those little things, but rather what I am eating most of the time. I think that if I were to clean up my diet a little I could be doing better, but I am satisfied with how things are going.

Andrew

I fully believe not depriving yourself is one of the keys to this journey. You are more entitled to have your treat every once in a while....so don't worry 'bout it! Enjoy. I know I would be doing better/losing quicker if I was depriving myself but then that would open up a whole new can of worms....so I am happy/satisfied with my progress.

I hear ya on the kitkat blizzard...Mr Yoda actually subscribes to the DQ site (gawd!!) and they kindly sent him some e-mail a few days ago informing him of this new blizzard concoction. Personally, I am not a Blizzard (or even much of a DQ) fan but a kitkat one I would like a wee taste of; Kitkat is my fave chocolate bar.

Bandiva my thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom, i am a breast cancer surviver, so i know how your mom will be feeling, it is important to keep a positive attitude, treatments today are better than when i went through it.:hug:

Maria :D