Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Life as a Bandster

I just took the time to read through this thread from beginning to end. First of all YOU ALL ARE AMAZING even though almost a year has past, I still feel your love and support when I read your messages. The second thing is...my how my mind haschanged. Wow. I can't believe the way I used to think and how vulnerable I was to outside influences. My self esteem has grown so much in the last year. That is the greatest gift of all.

Soon we wil be celebrating 100 pounds gone forever....only 4 more to go!

I will post a pic as soon as I figure it out! lol.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am so happy for you and although we don't know each other I had to tell you I am proud of you and all your hard work!! You have made a MAJOR change in your life! The battle we all fight is for me and I am sure many others the hardest one in my life. To see another step closer to their goals is very encouraging to me. Thank you for sharing this big day!!

Thank you....your message gave me chills. I love the support we can give each other! Congrats on your weight loss! It must feel great!

I posted on another thread.You have came along ways girl.100 lbs. Good job.Yes Leslielee is right about the support and encouragement is good on this board.Good luck on your last few pounds.

I can't believe how long it has been since I have posted here. The great thing is that this forum is here for us when we need it. I have been feeling a little blue...weight is up a bit. (about 10 pounds). I have found that 170 is very good for me. I get there I gain 10, I lose it, I gain it etc.

My band has been empty since Jan, but I went and got a fill to 1.4. Feeling a bit more in control now. I have been very faithful with the exercise and have adapted it as a way that I live my life....just need to get the food thing as the same good lifestyle.:) I am working on it though...

I would love to hear how everyone is doing....

Bandiva,

I am so pleased to see you post again - I used your experiences (and a few others on this site) to help inform/guide me through my recent adventures in bandland. I was banded this Feb although had been a 'lurker' on this site before that to help me make the decision, and learn about the tool from someone other than the doctors. I and many others need to hear from those who have had the band for a while and this thread has been part of my 'reality check'.

So thanks for your insights along your journey, and congratulations on your achievement...100 pounds gone!

Way to go Bandiva on reaching your goal, congratulations. :thumbup::waytogo: It is nice to know that when you reach goal you are able to maintain it, not like before when we would lose all our weight and then gain it back again. Congratulations again. :thumbup::clap:

Maria :cool2:

Bandiva, congratulations on your success. There is hope for me yet, I guess. Had a bad day - was hungry a dinner time and gulped my food. Yep you all know the results. Will I ever learn, sigh!!! Bandiva you are an inspiration that our journey is varied and full of hard work. Again Congratuations.

You are all very kind! I was away this weekend and just came home to your love and kindess. Thank you. I went to a car show this weekend and could actually buy a T-shirt that was cute and meant for a woman instead of the usual men's XL that I used to get....small victories...I had a small hurdle too....mini donuts...the donuts won the battle but I am winning the war...lol.

Me, too. Back in May I got, for the first time in my life, really bad acid reflux. I suspect this was due to an overfill. Because it took me over a month to figure out what was wrong with me my esophagus was badly inflamed (it felt like it had been painted with acid) and I had that creepy reflux cough. I got a complete defill in August and am still healing. The reflux meds weren't working while I was still partially filled by the way. So far I haven't gained back any weight except for 1.5 lbs.

I posted this last October on this thread and, as some of you may know from posts I made elsewhere, later on discovered that my throat problem was actually cancer. In fact by the time that it was discovered that I had a tumor on my right larynx the tumor was so large that both my ability to speak and breathe were affected and I was given an emergency tracheostomy. This took place at the beginning of March. I had a level 3 tumor which, though seriously large, had luckily not spread.

I spent April and May going through radiation treatments - 35 treatments in all - as well as enduring 3 chemo treatments. Since then I have had 2 rounds of chemo and must have one more before I can be signed off. At the beginning of this fight I weighed in the early 140s. Now I weigh 113 - Cancer is very slimming but in a bad way - and my problem is the opposite. Now I hafta gain weight. My health care team are amazed when I tell them that two years ago I weighed 200 lbs. I startle myself when I go hunting for food these days and try to break every rule of eating sensibly which I have spent the past couple of years teaching myself.

Anyhow, my good news is that I have had one scan and there is no sign of my tumor. I have just had the trach removed as I can now breathe and speak again. I am waiting for my neck to heal and I am waiting to finish my last round of chemo. My bad news is that I have lost most of my hair. I now look like the actor William Hurt. Yep, I have chemo-patterned baldness. I figure I will be completely bald after the next round of chemo.

This is my update, folks.

Green,

I'm very pleased to hear that you are on the recovery path. My sincere best wishes for your continued and improving health.