Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Deposit at marriott in tijuanna

Have anyone who been to mexico lately n stayed in the marriotts had to pay a depisit? I was just imformed i had to.

No.. Never have I had to pay a deposit on a hotel stay with any of the several surgeries I've had down there. Not even for surgeries have I pre paid any amt. this is new to me

I stayed at the Marriott September 2012 and did not have to pay a deposit. Who is saying that you have to pay one?

I paid a deposit to my coordinating company of 500.00$. I did not have to pay a deposit directly to the hotel, it was included in the price of my package.

Rosie sent me an email saying the policy changes since feburary where the marriott now required $100 security deposit. Wish i had known this all along. She said its refundable. I guess if we dont violate anything

Yes I was there in march and they took the 100$ and refunded it. I guess they had issues with people smoking in non smoking rooms so they started taking a deposit, no biggy

Have anyone who been to Mexico lately n stayed in the marriotts had to pay a depisit? I was just imformed i had to.

I went February. 27 and I did got it back when I check out

Okay:)

Okay:)

I had to so the first night I gave them cash, but when I got back from the hospital, I didn't have enough, and my credit card didn't have 100 on it, so my coordinator just signed for me luckily

You actually "pay a deposit" when you stay at any hotel on the states, you just may not realize it. I was a manager at Marriott before leaving to have my kids. When you check in on a normal stay, your price may be $100 per night for 2 nights but your credit card is actually authorized for more like $250. It's for "incidentals" so that the hotel knows they have room to charge for any movies or room service ordered and in the case of Marriott, which has been smoke free since 2008, for possible smoking in the room. However, when you check out, the posted charges are only what you've actually spent. That deposit can be taken in cash as well, then refunded when you check out, same as in MX!

Hope that helps!! :)

I know because I have stayed in hotels in the states where a deposit is required. Just never heard anyone mentioning this before. Is there anything we have to pay for while in Mexico other than tipping. I mean surgery wise?

I was at the marriott from the 14 - 16th of this month you do have to pay a $100 deposit either by credit card or cash I paid in cash and got it back when I checked out. I had no other costs besides tipping while I was there

Yes you do and they want Mexican money not American so get some . They do give the deposit back . Great staff at the Merriott . They are second to none there !!! Enjoy your stay .

I used my credit card for deposit