Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That's great ! Mine is the 21st! Excited and nervous all at the same time! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

3 more weeks for you yay! once i get back i'll get on here and give all of you all the dirty details lol.

I live in broward also , Thank god my ins is paying 80%

That's awesome!.. i was too impatient and didn't want to have to wait for 6 months of evaluation and doctors visits and so forth. Hey, any little bit helps though right? are you doing it here at home?

I only have to wait 3 months .. I am having surgery at holy cross hospital

my headaches lasted a day. I actually think it was gas pain I really dont know because i am not a doctor but i think alot of people gas bubble went out the top or bottom none of mine went out either way. i have to actuallu forced myself to burp at timesi I actually think it went up into my head. I dont know i am just guessing. :)

Ms Confidence glad to see you are back and doing well headaches all gone... Thank you Jesus for that. So when you feel up to it you have to tell me how you are feeling so far today and how is your intake of liquids going...The feeling of fullness is it more intense or has Is your vision of food totally different changed. I want to know how your experience has been so far and how you are truly feeling physically...

Hi hazel eyes my liquid intake is improving a bit. It dont hurt as much to swallow. Coconut Water goes down well for me but i cant drink too much as it contains 9g carb and 100cal per 16oz. I fall asleep real easily now. I could be talking with you and then in the middle i will be asleep. Not sure y this is. Other than those minor complaints i felt as if i didnt have a surgery. :) thank god! Oh i forget to mention i have an allergic reaction to the surgical tapes. Its not too bad though. All my fault they did ask me if i have one but i said no. Never had a major surgery so i did not know i was allergic my self. As for liquid intake im at about 50oz not including my broths or shakes. My mind still think about food i guess that will adjust over time. I have to keep reminding myself i cant eat those stuff aleast rite now:(

I live in South Florida also. North Miami to be exact. I also got sleeved at Univ of Miami by Dr. Munoz. Surgery was April 1st, and I'm pretty much back to normal :)

That's great ! Mine is the 21st! Excited and nervous all at the same time! :-)

Have you started your shakes yet? They were a killer in the beginning for me! Got sleeved with Dr. Munoz on April 1st

I start next Tuesday. Overall how was your experience? Do you know anyone else who was sleeved by him? :-)

Lolol OMG Ms. Confidence you had me cracking up when you said you will fall asleep in mid conversation....But i think this is happening because your strenght is not back at 100% just yet. When you start getting more Protein in you and your body begins to adjust this will get better..

Now Im scared I will be sleep at my desk when I get back to work. It is hard enough now not to get sleepy during a work day. lolol

See for me its not the tape Im allergic too but the sticky moniter pads they put on your chest. Now that crap messes me up everytime.

Thank God you are doing well and continue to get those fluids in sweety.

Oh did Dr. Garcia tell you to be on only liquids for two weeks or what was your orders after you go home.. Im just curios

lol. I am trying to get two weeks off before i go back to work. I also have a sit down job and its also infornt of the computer (talk about a double dose of sleeping pill). Dr garcia supply me with a print out of 15 pages form stage one back to where I would start introducing back normal food. The first 3 days was clear liguids and now the next 2 weeks is full liquid. His staff also gave me everyone contacts in case if i have a question or anything. One thing i forget to ask is information on my first blood work. Thats no biggy though as i can contact them whenver.:) The only thing I see i needed was just my change of clothes. They take really good care of me:)

I start next Tuesday. Overall how was your experience? Do you know anyone else who was sleeved by him? :-)

My experience was great! No complications, I was walking an hour after being in recovery, and I was ready to go home that afternoon. They kept me overnight as a precaution but finally released me by 11am. I was self pay also, so make sure you tell the girls or UPAC that you want to be the first surgery. That way, you're the first one in (everything is clean and well sterilized) and you don't have to sit around with a rumbling stomach since u can't eat or drink from the night before. Once I got home and was off the hospital pain meds, I felt uncomfortable from gas pains and soreness for maybe 3 or 4 days but after that I was good to go. I know a few people that had the surgery with him and they're all doing great. Good luck with the shakes! The chocolate one tasted the best for me but I hated the strawberry ones and the vanilla were so-so. Sorry for the rant! Good luck with everything! Let me know if you have any questions! I'd be glad to help!

Who is doing your surgery?