Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So tired no energy

Hi I'm 5 weeks post op and I've lost 2st now in that time. I'm just so tired and have no energy. Has anyone else had this or now any good remedies ? Apart from that I feel great and so pleased with how things are going. Any ideas welcome. Thanks

Since I've return to work my energy has been great. I started back in the gym. I do drink click expresso Protein before work. I wouldn't recommend it just yet because its 12carbs and could slow the weight loss. I say this because of testing it on my self. i don't loose the next day when i take this shake. But, i like it. I just say that increasing your activity could help. I was feeling super drained til I went back to a work that causes me to walk many hours and I'm taking my Vitamins too.

Good luck.

Thank you I am at work but not take any Vitamins or Iron so was thinking about that. Will give them a try

I think it's within the realm of normal. To recover from a major surgery like this, it's really a minimum of six weeks. It also depends on your diet and current weight. When I was eating 400-500 calories and trying to support nearly 300 pounds, I was tired! It's just not enough fuel to feel energetic. I also feel very bad on too low of carbs - I think that's unique to the individual, but I can't function on none. Also, my Iron levels were a little low at first, so I think that contributed to feeling exhausted for me. I agree with Ballermom, that exercise can improve your energy level, particularly if you do some strength training. So, my advice it to follow your program, get some extra rest while you need it, stay hydrated, and give it some time. It does get better :)

Thank you I am at work but not take any Vitamins or Iron so was thinking about that. Will give them a try

Supplementing your diet with a good all round Multi-Vitamin and possibly Calcium supplement will help with your lack of energy. I prefer the Welnesse liquid kind, but its your call. Taking a sublingual B-12 (one that pops under the tongue) will give you a little extra lift if you need it. You may need some iron too, but do check with your doc before taking it.

Hi I'm 5 weeks post op and I've lost 2st now in that time. I'm just so tired and have no energy. Has anyone else had this or now any good remedies ? Apart from that I feel great and so pleased with how things are going. Any ideas welcome. Thanks

I'm two weeks out and weak. My legs are really weak. They feel like they weigh 100 lbs. I can't walk upstairs. However I'm only eating little calories, and it pureed. Thick liquid basically. And hopefully more active I become the more energy I'll gain. And as my weight drops the easier it will be. I heard the first 4-6 weeks are the hardest because of being weak and tired.

Sent from my KFOT using VST

Are you drinking 50-60 oz. of Protein a day?

Thanks all. I didn't feel too bad until now. I'm just 5 weeks and its only been the last couple of days I've been this way. The dr said my Iron is ok so may try the multi vits. It will get better I know but at the moment it's horrible !

I am glad to find your post because I feel awful today. Three weeks out. I am frustrated, weak, cold and hungry. I am praying it gets better but I threw up severa times since surgery and the Protein Drinks are getting frustrating. I tried today to blend strawberries in my drink and I had an adverse affect. My mother in law said strawberries have acid and to stay away. I want to try other foods but I am afraid. Any suggestions please!

I am glad to find your post because I feel awful today. Three weeks out. I am frustrated' date=' weak, cold and hungry. I am praying it gets better but I threw up severa times since surgery and the Protein drinks are getting frustrating. I tried today to blend strawberries in my drink and I had an adverse affect. My mother in law said strawberries have acid and to stay away. I want to try other foods but I am afraid. Any suggestions please![/quote']

I hate the shakes too but I found if I add a little banana and some Peanut Butter then I blend it with a packet of stevia it tastes like a shake and I can manage to get it down. You could also use a little ice when blending it too.

I had a bad week around that time. I chalked it up to a transition time for my body. No worries!

Thanks for th advice. Bananas I used about a quarter piece with some spiruten Protein and coconut silk milk but when I tried strawberries my body totally rejected it. I also took some naussea medication I was given in the hospital that made matters worse. I am scared to eat food. I previously was a band patient and did well until the 4th year. Acid reflux, hiatal hernia then band removal. As I was gaining I got pregnant which was something my husband and I could never achieve on our own. Long story short. I hate to throw up! Hope this passes soon.

Are you drinking 50-60 oz. of Protein a day?

LINDANACK, did you mean grams of Protein? If you get in 50 oz of protein, that's basically a smidge under 1420 grams, which is way too much!

Not at all. I would be glad to get two eight ounce Protein Shakes in but I can't. The Protein Shake has 15 grams per 8 ounce but I am only able to get one in per day with the one I do in the blender. The store brought ones aren't as thick.

Hi. I'm new to this board and saw this topic. I'm a little over 5 wks out and am having a lot of trouble getting all my Protein (100 gm) in. I drink 1 EAS choc shake made with non fat milk for extra protein a day & try to eat protein. I can eat such small amounts & get full so quickly. I also have trouble getting all my Water in. As a result I feel weak a lot of the time. I waited so long for my surgery & I don't want to feel like this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.