Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today has been 1 week since surgery

Are you taking an acid reducer? Prilosec chewables work pretty well. That helps with the hunger feeling. Also, I found warm liquids to be pretty satisfying (my favorite is Progresso's hearty chicken rotini Soup, with all the chunks strained out).

Hmmm, you may need more Protein. Are you getting at least 75-90g?

It's pretty typical to not get "full" right after surgery your nerves in your stomach are still numb and swollen. Plus the restriction will not be felt to much until you get to the mushy/soft food stage.

Hang in there you just have to let your stomach heal for a while :)

All I could think about from day 5-8 was wanting a chicken wing, piece of cheese, or tortilla chips or something! I am day 14 and it has improved. Chicken broth and Pickle Juice (not at the same time and approved by my nutritionist) saved me. I had a nutrition appointment today and she laughed. I was down from 268 to 242.1. I'll take it! Hang in there.

angel_23- I can relate. I had a terrible time with the full liquid because I hate broth, I was drinking Water but water only works for so long. I hate the Protein Drinks. I ended up eating baby food because the water wasn't enough and I would get hungry. Realistically, the liquid is not going 2 work 4 every1. We didn't just have weight loss surgery because we are small meals prior 2 this. Our bodies are abt 2 change but our mind has 2 catch up with process. I'm not saying this is rite 4 u but this is what I did. I'm 8 days post op. 15lbs down.

I wss unable to do Protein Shakes but replaced it with carnation instant Breakfast drinks. Sure helped. I could not tolerate broth so I opened campbells chicken noodle Soup and just used the juice very watered down. Wonderful. ... I am 10 months post op hsd every complication possible. I had the sleeve, plus due to complications I had to have remainder of stomach removed. (You can read my post under vickytom). Best of lucj to you.

I am 1 week out and it is a very big adjustment. I feel like its a lot to try and get in. I myself tried a scrambled egg and literally took 2 small bites and thought I was going to puke it all up. I have found that the Greek chobani yogurt and low fat cottage cheese is my lifesaver as well as drinking 1% milk with a little sugar free quick as my Protein dinks. I find the protein drinks to easy to get down. I made chicken meat balls for my family last night in a sweet and sour sauce and I ate 2 very small ones and I thought I was going back to the hospital. I felt so uncomfortable and it also made me feel like what the hell did I just do to myself. This is a slow process but at 1 week I'm 14 pounds down. I just want to feel normal!!

I am 1 week out and it is a very big adjustment. I feel like its a lot to try and get in. I myself tried a scrambled egg and literally took 2 small bites and thought I was going to puke it all up. I have found that the Greek chobani yogurt and low fat cottage cheese is my lifesaver as well as drinking 1% milk with a little sugar free quick as my Protein dinks. I find the Protein drinks to easy to get down. I made chicken meat balls for my family last night in a sweet and sour sauce and I ate 2 very small ones and I thought I was going back to the hospital. I felt so uncomfortable and it also made me feel like what the hell did I just do to myself. This is a slow process but at 1 week I'm 14 pounds down. I just want to feel normal!!

I am SHOCKED you have tried eggs and chicken meatballs! I have never seen anyone progress to those foods in a week. In fact, my first week was clear fluids only, the 2nd week was full liquids eg Protein shakes and strained cream of chicken Soup. The 3rd week was purees eg cottage cheese, yogurt, etc. I'll be 4 weeks out on Wednesday, so Im still on purees but progressing to soft foods. I think you need to consult with someone about your diet or you could be risking serious complications!! Please be careful.

I am starving drinking plenty of Water and Protein shakes still on liquid diet so having chicken broth and Jello and other stuff to eat but it seems like I do not get full. Has this happen to anyone else?

Angel I'm 1 week out today too and I too am starving I found some threads where other posters said that they were put on soft foods mushies the day after they were released. Not all doctors give the same diet rules. I too tried a scrambled egg and ate 1/3 of it and didn't have a problem I also ate a small piece of Cracker Barrel cheddar cheese and it was delicious lol were not all the same so don't take ppl criticizing you too hard. Just let your doctor know your struggling and see if they can suggest anything else you can try. Good luck with everything

Angel I'm 1 week out today too and I too am starving I found some threads where other posters said that they were put on soft foods mushies the day after they were released. Not all doctors give the same diet rules. I too tried a scrambled egg and ate 1/3 of it and didn't have a problem I also ate a small piece of Cracker Barrel cheddar cheese and it was delicious lol were not all the same so don't take ppl criticizing you too hard. Just let your doctor know your struggling and see if they can suggest anything else you can try. Good luck with everything

Concern is not criticism. If she feels sick enough to want to go to the hospital, she might want to consult with a nutritionist. You said it, "we're not all the same" so she shouldn't expect to eat cheese and feel great. Just saying...

Concern is not criticism. If she feels sick enough to want to go to the hospital' date=' she might want to consult with a nutritionist. You said it, "we're not all the same" so she shouldn't expect to eat cheese and feel great. Just saying...[/quote']

I'm sorry I wasn't aware that I quoted your reply or even directed a comment to you. I'm glad you felt the need to respond to me lol I do t think I ever told her to eat cheese lol

Im sorry' date=' then what post were you referring to as "criticizing". I guess I missed it. Lol.[/quote']

In sorry but I don't have time to go back and fourth with you. It's obvious your looking for attention. Good day to ya.