Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To Dump Or Not To Dump

Just wondering when additional grams of sugar will be tolorated by my system. Right now I try to keep at no more than 5gr of sugar per food. I'm at about 7 weeks out and recall buying a wrong Protein Drink and it made me dump (literally). It had 23gr sugar per serving. Is this something that will gradually increase on its own or am I destined to live with out the occaisional inlaws cookie etc... with out worrying about destroying my and my home's plumbing. :o

Thanks in advance.....

Do you have the sleeve? I have never dumped. I feel real full if I eat too much. Sugar does not bother me at all, I wish it did a little bit. Usually the RNY are the people that dump. We may feel sick when we over eat or eat too fast and it goes away in a couple hours.

It's never happened to me also. I thought that happened more in the bypass surgery?! Sugar has not bothered me and I am three months out.

Ive dumped twice. Im kind of glad i do because i have a sweet tooth like nobodies business. But im only 17 days post op. From what i hear, there's a 50% chNce for dumping syndrome in sleevers. I have a 10 gram rule now, anything greater is just too risky.

Yep I was sleeved march 25th. I've dumped a few times when I ate something I knew I shouldent have. Yea I learned my lesson!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Yes I had just the sleeve done. Taking in too much sugar is a bad thing for me, unless it has more to do with fat or carbs. I think I'll just lay low for now, dumping syndrome isn't a wonderful expierience, I'm just glad it's only a temporary thing and can be prevented.

Even though i've only been sleeved I have dumped at least 1x that I remember. It was not pleasant., You get this blood rush, and it feels like the faucet is opened wide. Happened with a very sweet fruit tart. I really watch sugar ever since.