Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pre opers please consider

just ordered the sample pack from bjbariatrics yesterday. and i got 2 tubs of unflavored nectar from Amazon yesterday as well. I've been using the body fortress brand strawberry' date=' and I really like it with some crystal light lemonade or raspberry lemonade. i start my preop liquid diet on thursday... May 2nd is getting closer and closer!!

i'm really looking forward to trying the nectar, they have some yummy sounding flavors![/quote']

How much crystal light are you adding into the Protein shakes?

Try finding a site that will sell you a sampler pack. (BJs Bariatrcs lets you select the flavors you want). I went through a lot of nectar post-op, it was a relieving change from the chocolate / vanilla routine. Did a lot of cherry, and lemon iced tea. I did NOT like the chocolate though, and wasn't terribly fond of the Cappuccino either. Also, that one does have caffeine in it, so it might by too acidic for the early days while your tummy's still healing. I know I wasn't allowed to have coffee for several weeks.

I also strongly recommend the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken broth flavor, just for something not-sweet!

Thank you so much for the recommendation - just ordered my sample pack!

Just ordered my sample pack! Hoping I can add something to the piña colada one

How much crystal light are you adding into the Protein shakes?

I have the single serve "on the go" variety pack that I picked up at costco. I use one of those, a scoop of strawberry 2 cups of Water and drink it on ice. I'm preop so my serving size will change after surgery, obviously. I definitely recommend using ice, it's not as tasty if it gets to room temp. :)

Congratulations! My surgery is May 6th' date=' keep us posted on how it goes please![/quote']

Will do! :) good luck to you!

Just a quick reminder that what you like pre-op and what you like post-op may be COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, so it's a good idea not to stock up. And if you find something doesn't agree with you post-op, give it time. I went through phases - lots of nectar in the early months, moved to morning Protein hot cocoa in the later months, now I occasionally use other flavors to blend with greek yogurt, or with ice to make into a smoothie, or with tofu to make into a pudding. I haven't touched the nectar in a LONG time.

Another site to try is Vitalady - she creates sample packets from all sorts of different brands. And be aware that some shops like GNC will let you return a product you don't like, so that can be a good place to shop post-op.

I'm scheduled for June 1st. I have no idea what nectar is? My scheduled hes never mentioned this. Getting pretty nervous thought I had done lots of research but every time I get online I read something new.

I'm scheduled for June 1st. I have no idea what nectar is? My scheduled hes never mentioned this. Getting pretty nervous thought I had done lots of research but every time I get online I read something new.

Syntrax is the brand, nectar is the line of Protein powders. Many flavors, no aspartame, low cal, low to no carbs and 23g Protein. Go to bjbariatrics.com and customize your own sample pack, Amazon.com has good deals on tubs when you figure out what you like. I'm still going through my samples, but the chocolate truffle and strawberry/kiwi are good!

I found the nectar Syntrax brand to be simply so so. After 11 months, my go to is Click at www.click.com. They also have a sample pack for 9.95. By far, it's the best to me. When you get a little further along, try the Chike for your coffee fix and I find the cheapest way to find it is on Amazon. Oh yeah, they have decaffeinated now too. I like to mix all of my shakes in the single serve blender with soy/milk and ice for that frappucino effect.

Where can I find the nectar products ,I'm scheduled to start my Protein shakes in May 10th

for the nectar "customize your own" sample pack: https://www.bjsbariatrics.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=bjb&Product_Code=synSamplePack&Category_Code=syn

and when you figure out what you like, buy them on Amazon - look for those sold by amazon and are eligible for free shipping on orders over $25.

I found the Nectar Syntrax brand to be simply so so. After 11 months, my go to is Click at www.click.com. They also have a sample pack for 9.95. By far, it's the best to me. When you get a little further along, try the Chike for your coffee fix and I find the cheapest way to find it is on Amazon. Oh yeah, they have decaffeinated now too. I like to mix all of my shakes in the single serve blender with soy/milk and ice for that frappucino effect.

I realize tastes might/will change, so I'm not stocking up on flavors just yet. I plan to get another round of samples and then decide what to buy in tubs after surgery. I did stock up on the Unflavored nectar, and I'm pleased with it. I've only tried it in chicken broth, crystal light and orange juice, but it's undetectable in all of those! I do want to try the Chike brand, and Big Train for the coffee/latte flavors they have. :)

That's a good way to get started Makemyownluck. Get a lot of samples and decide what you like best. Also keep in mind that a lot of people, including me, have/had trouble with any dairy type Protein Drinks the first couple of weeks after surgery. I drank the clear Isopure, or what many will refer to as Isopuke, until I could stand the dairy based Protein drinks. It comes in 20 oz bottles and you can get it at the Vitamine Shop. I would also suggest getting single bottles of it to see if you can stand any of them. The flavors I was able to tolerate were Mango Peach and fruit Punch.

That's a good way to get started Makemyownluck. Get a lot of samples and decide what you like best. Also keep in mind that a lot of people, including me, have/had trouble with any dairy type Protein drinks the first couple of weeks after surgery. I drank the clear Isopure, or what many will refer to as Isopuke, until I could stand the dairy based Protein drinks. It comes in 20 oz bottles and you can get it at the Vitamine Shop. I would also suggest getting single bottles of it to see if you can stand any of them. The flavors I was able to tolerate were Mango Peach and fruit Punch.

"Isopuke" Good name for it! My nurse told me pre op that they taste like Jolly Ranchers. I don't know where she gets her Jolly Ranchers, cuz mine tasted nothing like em! Yuck! Spent $58 on a case on GNC.com and drank maybe 1/4 of 1. They finally expired a couple months ago so I tossed em (have trouble tossing good food. I wait till it expires then I don't feel as guilty!)

Hmmm..... I have some left over from last May. They're sitting in the frig in the basement. Maybe they are now expired and I can toss them too! :P

I learn something new every time I log on to this forum! I am scheduled for May 6th and I am having the same feelings!!! We will be just fine and then even better!