Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had this surgery and I feel like its the worst thing I've ever done. I'm 18 and I live with my parents. My mom just tells me to stop whining and both of my parents are eating whatever they want around me. Also, I don't know how I'm gonna get all this Water in much less Protein, food or even vitamins.. I'm like alone in this whole thing. none of my friends know either. I feel like I've made the biggest mistake in the world by having this surgery. )':

I just had this surgery and I feel like its the worst thing I've ever done. I'm 18 and I live with my parents. My mom just tells me to stop whining and both of my parents are eating whatever they want around me. Also' date=' I don't know how I'm gonna get all this Water in much less Protein, food or even Vitamins.. I'm like alone in this whole thing. none of my friends know either. I feel like I've made the biggest mistake in the world by having this surgery. )':[/quote']

That's your biggest mistake you didn't tell anyone and now you're all alone it gets better darling take it one day at a time. You'll be skinny and fab in no time. When were you sleeved and what are your stats?

That's what this site is about. Support! Those of us that have had surgery know what you are feeling. We've all been there. Remember there is a light at the end of this tunnel. Have faith and it will all fall in place.

I would suggest a therapist. You need to have a support network. You made an adult decision that will change you for the rest of your life. Ultimately, you need to react like an adult too, and take care of yourself and surround yourself with people who care about you and know what you're going through. Try a support group in your area?

I just had this surgery and I feel like its the worst thing I've ever done. I'm 18 and I live with my parents. My mom just tells me to stop whining and both of my parents are eating whatever they want around me. Also' date=' I don't know how I'm gonna get all this Water in much less Protein, food or even Vitamins.. I'm like alone in this whole thing. none of my friends know either. I feel like I've made the biggest mistake in the world by having this surgery. )':[/quote']

Hey cj7 i got sleeved Monday the main thing at this point is to focus on drinking plenty fluids

Girl I felt the same way when I first got surgery. When I got home everyone was eating Chinese food cause I couldn't cook. But now two months into my surgery I'm so happy I mean so happy I did it. I lost 37 pounds in two months. I feel good and looking good. I'm happy with my restriction. It's the best thing ever for me. I actually feel sorry for my sister cause she swallowed a while plate of Chinese food then donuts. She felt so bad. And I'm all happy with my grilled chicken. Your will love it once you get through you're first phase and the weight drops and your clothes are getting loose you won't regret it no more. :-)

Thank you all for your support and suggestions. If i hadn't found this app I wouldn't have anyone. Maybe I do need a therapist or something. I know things get better but I've never had much success with any diet. So for me the light just seems a long way away.

Thank you all for your support and suggestions. If i hadn't found this app I wouldn't have anyone. Maybe I do need a therapist or something. I know things get better but I've never had much success with any diet. So for me the light just seems a long way away.

We're all here for you! I'm two weeks out - it gets better!! Trust me! You should definitely find some support offline though - my therapist is great about talking me through all of the crazy feelings that go along with such a huge decision. Hope you find someone that helps you. In the meantime - we'll be here!

I'm sorry that you feel all alone.

I can tell you what my wife told me (she is very supportive but she is right) I chose to go with this "diet" and while she loves me and supports my choice, she isn't dieting, so there will be things she eats that I want, but I need to remember why I chose to do this and man up..

Most of that is fitting to you.. cept maybe the man up part.. lol

We all I am sure have gone through stages of frustration. We have made a HUGE change in our lifestyle, and any change is hard at first.. Just stick with it, stay strong, and come to us if you need support.

If you need someone to talk to feel free to message me on here, or friend me on Facebook. That goes for anyone on the site. I'm only 3 weeks out, but that doesn't mean an outside eye can't put a different perspective to situations.

It's pretty rough at first, and probably being so young makes it rougher, and if your support system isn't supporting, then even rougher. Just know you are NOT alone, we all went through it, too. The first few weeks really are the most difficult, but it gets easier. It also gets easier if you can make your mind up to be successful and know that you'll do whatever it takes to succeed. For the rest of our lives, people are going to be eating what they want in front of us, but we have decided to take a different path (and better, I think) in life. Maybe try to focus on yourself and how you can improve your life, and less on what your family does. I also think it would be a good idea to have someone in your life to share this with - if not a friend, then a counselor. And of course, you always have us :) Good luck and let us know how you do.

Sending you a big hug! My advise would be do some very high Protein shakes to get Protein in (muscle milk is a good one) and start sipping Water all day long. Add some crystal light to get the Water down easier. I go to the dollar tree and get the sugar free Hawaiian punch grape flavor. It is cheaper and takes like koolaid.

Feel free to message me fig you need to talk to someone. I am 30 and get what you are dealing with. I have a great husband but he is clueless and after he was eating my favorite foods around me and I admitted t was killing me he stopped. Maybe they don't understand how hard it is for you? Even if they do it will get better. When you start dropping a ton of weight it will be SO worth it. They also might be jealous that you too a step to be better and they didn't. I have heard of this happening in families where several of them are overweight. I'm not sure if it is your situation or not but I had a friend deal with that and it sucked. They tried to sabotage her by eating in front of her and making her feel like crap. I hope this is not your situation again but if it is seek help from a professional. We are great and all but by no means a professional.

Ask the doctor where his support group meets and go! Come here often too!

We are all here for you. With you being so young and making such a life changing decision I know this has got to be one of the hardet things you have ever done. Please take it one day at a time. Make sure you get as much Fluid as you can and then start getting in your Protein. As for your family eating in front of you, go to another place in your home where you wont have to see or hear them. For me the first month it made me sick to my stomach to see or hear people eat. Keep positive! I know you can get through this, it will just take a little time.

This journey is definitely not an easy one. I was blessed with family support. But as we all know here, unless you are physically going through this you have no idea how to respect someone who is. I watch my family eat and it irritates me at how much and what because of their health but not because I want what they are having. The beginning is the worse - but your feelings are normal, all of us here at some point go through it. I'm 21 - I know what it's like not to want to tell your friends. I tell everyone who asks because this is my body & I do as I please & if they bother to pass judgement, they weren't really my friends to begin with. Now, I go out to eat with my family & have the knowledge to make the right choices and get to enjoy the social aspect of eating still, and seeing the pounds drop on the scale. I'm 6 weeks out and I've lost 45.5 pounds including pre-op and I finally feel like the first time I'm doing something about my weight. We are really too young to be battling obesity, we should be having the time of our life right now. It gets better! A therapist would be great to talk to. Also, if you want someone close to your own age - you can always message me! I hope you feel better. Also getting creative with your dietary restrictions helps too. So many recipes on here have helped me and I honestly didn't feel deprived at all. :)

My first week after surgery, I wanted to die. Literally. And no, I don't have any pre-existing mental conditions. My 1st week of recovery was hell. I hurt. I was nauseated & dry heaving, and forget eating/drinking. It gets better. Ignore the ones who don't support you (yes, even if your parents are your biggest issue right now) & do whatever you can to stay on target. Don't feel pressured to tell anyone if you don't want to, bc by the time you go back to the real social world (school, work, etc), you'll feel great anyway. Sending out good vibes your way...