Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 9 weeks post surgery and have lost 51 pounds and the doctor just told me today during my visit I haven't lost enough. I was shocked. I was so happy my dresses use to be 20/22 and I went shopping last weekend and was able to buy 12/14. He just ruined my joy made me feel like I haven't made any progress. He said I should be 200 now and reach 175 by June. Now have to look at my eating habits and work out routine.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Wow....seriously?? That seems like a huge weight loss in 9 weeks! Ask him what HE did wrong, if he thinks it's not enough! :angry:

Sorry in advanced for my frank and blunt response, but that sucks. Your doctor has no right to make disparaging remarks nor remarks that are not going to encourage you. You have done well and do not let this doctor's careless flap of the mouth ruin your success.

Maybe he misread the notes an thought you were 9 months?! Otherwise he is crazy

Talk about insensitive. IMO, every pound lost is a victory. What a horrible thing for the doctor to say. I am sorry you had to hear that.

Girl Please!!! I am 3 and a half months out and i have only lost 58 lbs since surgery. Your doctor is a turd. Its the sleeve, not the bypass!

Uh, no!

I'm 6 weeks and pretty sure I'm still sitting right at about 26 lbs lost. (Haven't weight in 2 weeks). Granted, I'm about to start af and have felt bloated for like a week now, but I REALLY doubt ill be at 50 lbs at 9 weeks.

I agree With the person who said that maybe your doctor read the notes as nine months

Ahhhh you are doing awesome! Don't be discouraged! Maybe he read something wrong, maybe he was having a bad day, or maybe he is a turd! Keep your chin up!!!

Thanks everyone. I said to myself maybe he forgot he sleeved me and not bypass. I do know those with bypass surgery will drop faster than us initially but I thought my progress was great. I have never lost 50 pounds on my own and tried for many years. I agree, I believe he wasn't thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I'm hoping he read your chart wrong! You've lost a LOT of weight for only being 9 weeks out!

GO you!!!

yeah, unless he made a mistake is reading your chart, i'd get a new doctor, and tell him to F&$*% off! You have done awesome!! I'm 4 weeks out and have only lost 24 lbs. I hope at 9 weeks i can say i've lost as much as you have!!

Yeah, either he missed something, or was joking, or you misunderstood, but in NO ONES world is a loss of 5.6 pounds average per week not good enough! You are rocking that sleeve, and I say just keep doing what you are doing.

yeah' date=' unless he made a mistake is reading your chart, i'd get a new doctor, and tell him to F&*% off! You have done awesome!! I'm 4 weeks out and have only lost 24 lbs. I hope at 9 weeks i can say i've lost as much as you have!![/quote']

Yes, do find a new doctor if you need to. Remember, the medical industry is a there to provide a service to you considering your needs. There is no room for a doctor to assign value to you to your face unless it is positive.