Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 15th at OCC and Dr Ortiz

Yes, I've been sticking to drinkable yogurt (I love peach), creamy Soups and Protein Shakes. Everyone seems to be keeping track of their Protein intake but I don't remember being told how many grams of protein to consume. Do you?

No I'm not sure how much and I haven't been having any at all. I'm going to go make one now, lol, I feel like ill be eating too much if I add one each day.

I know what you mean. Others are trying to have 50 to 64 grams of Protein a day. I don't see how thats possible. I only drink about 4 ounces of Protein Shake at a time and only once or twice a day. That's less than 30 grams. I guess its better than nothing. I feel like I could move on to the soft foods stage without a problem. I won't though, I'll stick with the rules.

Hi, I'm new and researching. What is OCC and I saw where it was in the states? Any info please.

Cindy

I'm sorry cidmor...I pushed send before I was done, it's in Tijuana, Mexico. It was wonderful. Please look into going there if you decide to go to Mexico. They took wonderful care of me personally.

Hi' date=' I'm new and researching. What is OCC and I saw where it was in the states? Any info please.

Cindy[/quote']

OCC is Obesity Control Center. It's a Center of Excellence in Tijuana Mexico. Dr. Ariel Ortiz does his surgeries there. He's one of the best!

I'm so glad to find another OCC patient! I'd love to hear details if and when you all have time to write it down! I'm scheduled for June 10th.

When I arrived at the airport I was nervous that the driver would forget me or that something was going to go wrong but after waiting for him for about 15 minutes, he texted me and said he'd be there in 5 minutes and where to meet him at. He came as promised then explained going through the border and what was expected from us. He was friendly enough. We had no problems at the border. When getting to the hotel, it was beautiful and very clean with many employees there. They were expecting us when I gave my name. Our room was very nice. There was a balcony that overlooked the pool and hot tubs. The driver told us what time to be in the lobby the next morning. We went to the restaurant where I said I would like broth and they brought me it. It was really good. They knew what I needed. My bf loved the food at the hotel restaurant. It looked delic. We met in the lobby the next morning. There was another girl there with her mom heading to the same place. There was also a couple going to another location to have dental work done. There was small talk in the van. Nervous chatter really. The can pulled into the basement of the OCC. we took the elevator and checked in. There were papers to fill out, just a few. Then they called me back to see the nutritionist. We spoke for a few minutes, gave me a goal weight and talked about the post op diet, back to the waiting room. Then to have tests run, back to the waiting room, then to change and get the IV. They took me to my room and and gave me meds for nausea and to calm me down. They really calmed me down. I remember Dr Martinez coming in and talking to my bf and me and that I be able to talk to Dr Ortiz in the OR. I remember walking into the OR but I don't remember Dr Ortiz or any details from there. I think he was in the room but I can't remember talking to him. The next thing I knew I was waking up back in my room and I was terribly sick. Dry heaves. I was thirsty and my bf and nurse kept telling me that I couldn't have anything to drink yet. I was in and out all day, evening and night. I was miserable with being sick when I was awake but I slept a lot that day and night. The nurses took care of me that day and evening. Easily understood and kind. They did give me drinks and a freezy pop. I remember my bf leaving, he said later that he left at 7. The nurse wanted me to get up and walk. I did because the bathroom was down the hall. I had to go several times. She wanted me to walk more, I tried but was sick. I woke in the middle of the night sometime and went to the bathroom again. I walked the halls because I was feeling just a little better and knew I should be up walking. I didn't see any nurses on the floor that night when I was up and walking. I could have missed them since I was still loopy. My bf and nurses were around bright and early the next day. I was released that morning to go to the hotel. They told me to come back the next day and that I could shower the next day also. I had a difficult time drinking Water and couldn't tolerate anything else. I did get some water in but not nearly enough that first day. The drain was still in but didn't really bother me much. The shower felt good. Even though my period wasn't due for 10 days, I got it, ugh. I went back the next morning telling them how I was feeling during the check up. They changed the bandages and checked my blood sugar. It was very low and I was told to Sri k things other than water. A nice lady I. The waiting room gave me an apple juice as I was feeling sick and weak but ok. I slept a lot Again that day. The next day I went back for another check up and to be released, having my drain removed. I felt better in the sense of my blood sugar and being sick and weak but when I would sit to pee I was having cramps and some pain. I told the Dr about it and about getting my period. He said that a lot of women do because of the trauma on our bodies, being a bit dehydrated ad so on. As soon as the drain was removed, I felt sooo much better! I was a new person. And there was no more pain and cramping when I sat to pee. Not sure about all that but I have a theory on it. I rested at the hotel till it was time to check out. The ride to the Airport came to get us. We had no trouble getting across the border again. I forget to mention, the meds were purchased when I was released from the Hosp. They were $155. Then before leaving the last day I purchased more of the pain pills because it was a long day then flights home. I did use one of the pills to help me rest on the plane and I felt ok. I had a wonderful experience through OCC. I am 10 days out. I am back to work now, just today I went back but honestly I could have gone back Monday. I had a question after coming home that I emailed to Dr Miranda and she responded a short time later. I hope I didn't forget anything. I looked for stories like this when I was planning my trip so I hope it helps you make your decision. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Wow - great details! Hate to hear that you felt bad after surgry but glad the blood sugar issue was found and solved! Cannot wait to follow your weight loss!!! Congrats and enjoy the sleeved side!