Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where the May sleevers i just got my date!

May 14th. I report to the hospital at 10:45. I'm gonna pack my bag tomorrow night and finish up lesson plans for the substitute.

When I spoke to my insurance company' date=' they said there is no necessity to have a pre-op diet, and that they do not require weight loss prior to the surgery.. So, I wonder if it is something with the doctors.[/quote']

If your talking about like the 2 week diet it just makes you easier to operate on. Shrinks your liver for one

My surgery is scheduled for May 21st. My life will change on May 21, 2013. I am 36 years old. I will be having a sleeve gastrectomy performed in Houston, Texas by Texas Laparoscopic Consultants with Dr. Sherman Yu, MD, FACS. I am 5'8 in height, and weigh 285 lbs. I have medical insurance with United Healthcare but they won't cover the surgery. Therefore, my Medicare will be paying it. I am diabetic, have cholesterol, and unfortunately suffered a stroke back in 2010 which left me partially paralyzed. I have been overweight my whole life and the smallest I can recall was me at 220lbs. I am excited and scared at the same time, but I know that this surgery can and will improve my life. I have been a member of this site for a few months but have been hesitant in introducing myself and sharing my story.

Considering that my surgery should have been in April' date=' but was not due to the office coordinators mistake and given that she is the one who neglected to submit all of the documentation; that there are few doctors who due the surgery here, and the hospital is a center of excellence recipient. (which encompasses all of the facilities within it) they should be extremely accommodating. Further, I completed all of my steps based around their schedule and timed my surgery knowing when I would be on break (it's in my medical records because I spoke to the surgeon about it in December). I can make a phone call to the medical board and have a negligence case opened up again them as well, bad publicity. Someone who has something bad to say about them, and them being under review means they lose patients and money as well as the center for excellency award. I spoke to one of the nurses and she said the coordinator has done this before and is on probationary status with the surgical association. She is going to contact them Monday to have me moved to the front of the schedule since I should have had my surgery last month. And since it is their fault, they now have to accommodate me.[/quote']

well good luck with everything, sounds like you may have things partly under control then, you still have the 10 day pre op diet to look at though and from my experience and what I hear from others the centers of excellence doctors do not budge on their requirements, it is part of how the get center of excellence. Number of doctors in the office usually doesn't make a difference, I went through 3 surgeons in the same office cause 1 left the other retired suddenly and each time insurance had to be resubmitted, the last time it only took 1 week for approval though and the office proceeded as if I was already approved since they knew it would be. Your likely to get nowhere with medical board, that is for doctors and nurses not ordinary people that work front office or coordinators unless they happen to be nurses and from what you said it doesn't sound like doctor did anything wrong. You can always try though, but it may cause the doctor to drop you if you succeed in anything. Right now it sounds like the nurse its your best bet. Good luck with everything, hope it all works out for you one way or another, I know about the frustration, having 3 doctors messed things up for me, I was supposed to have surgery originally in December and had it just over a week ago, and I dropped out of the college I was in to prepare and have been out all this time, going back next month though.

Highest weight 602 about 1 month pre op. <br />575 just before entering operating room.<br />1 week post op 564

May 14th. I report to the hospital at 10:45. I'm gonna pack my bag tomorrow night and finish up lesson plans for the substitute.

I am a 14th person too! I'm so ready I can almost taste the hospital Jello lol

Im may 14th as well!!

Awesome...we are almost there!

My surgery is scheduled for May 21st. My life will change on May 21' date=' 2013. I am 36 years old. I will be having a sleeve gastrectomy performed in Houston, Texas by Texas Laparoscopic Consultants with Dr. Sherman Yu, MD, FACS. I am 5'8 in height, and weigh 285 lbs. I have medical insurance with United Healthcare but they won't cover the surgery. Therefore, my Medicare will be paying it. I am diabetic, have cholesterol, and unfortunately suffered a stroke back in 2010 which left me partially paralyzed. I have been overweight my whole life and the smallest I can recall was me at 220lbs. I am excited and scared at the same time, but I know that this surgery can and will improve my life. I have been a member of this site for a few months but have been hesitant in introducing myself and sharing my story.[/quote']

Good luck to you. Hope all your dreams come true...

Hi ! I had my surgery on the 7th with Dr.Quinones in Tijuana Mexico. I spent an extra day recovering there and came home late last night. I have to say that my experience was great. Of course there is slight pain and nausea but overall I'm doing well. If any one is thinking of self-pay I would definitely recommend him. His place is small but it's clean and his staff is great. I'm not working for him or anything , it's just that I see others have difficulties and think Dr Q would be a good fit for self payers. My dad was with me the whole time - which really helped. Now all I need to work on is getting fluids in!!! Happy with my sleeve and would do it again .

Hi ! I had my surgery on the 7th with Dr.Quinones in Tijuana Mexico. I spent an extra day recovering there and came home late last night. I have to say that my experience was great. Of course there is slight pain and nausea but overall I'm doing well. If any one is thinking of self-pay I would definitely recommend him. His place is small but it's clean and his staff is great. I'm not working for him or anything , it's just that I see others have difficulties and think Dr Q would be a good fit for self payers. My dad was with me the whole time - which really helped. Now all I need to work on is getting fluids in!!! Happy with my sleeve and would do it again .

Hi, Im not a self pay but my mom is looking into getting this done and she would have to be a self pay how much does something like this cost with your doctor?

Hello everyone my surgery is the 29th after a long 7 months of pre op stuff I am ready to get this thing done. I wish everyone the best and for a fast recovery so that you can all start to work on your post op goals. Good luck every one.

Hello everyone my surgery is the 29th after a long 7 months of pre op stuff I am ready to get this thing done. I wish everyone the best and for a fast recovery so that you can all start to work on your post op goals. Good luck every one.

Congrats on your date! I'm the day before you but I'd love to hear about how things go and your progress since we'll be hours apart from being sleeves. :)

May 14th is just around the corner. I'm excited and scared at the same time! PreOp diet is going well....I'm down 8 lbs. I'm just ready to get it over with and start shoppping in the misses department!

I'm May 14 also and I've lost 7 pre op.. I'm so excited can wait to start seeing results..

I'm May 14 gotta be at the hospital @ 5:30 I'm so excited how's you pre op diet

I think you need to keep on the office, even email surgeon if that's an option. They can get you squeezed in. Maybe divine intervention will allow a spot to open up. Remain calm but firm when you talk to them. Your New Life depends on this.

Best of Luck. I'm going in tomorrow....prayers please.