Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 wks post op..not eating..just drinking ( not too much energy )

I'm 3 weeks out and still don't have a lot of energy. I feel real good one day then take 3 naps the next day. I guess it's just a process and it varies from one person to another. They are right about adding some carbs. I kind of skipped over the puree stage for the very reason you mentioned. I just eat very slowly and chew everything to death. It basically is puree by the time I swallow it.

I have tried some pizza. Chewed and chewed. It just wasn't worth the effort. There are lots of folks with a lot of experience with the sleeve on this forum. You can find some good advice. In the end just do whats best for you and treat your new tummy with respect and you'll be fine. Oh - and how I wish I had a burrito!

Check your blood pressure. Are you on any medication for that? My energy was real low when I was taking them

i had surgery on Mar. 13 and im still supper tierd and im still doing Soups and yogurts. not realy doing goodon food diary so dont know my calorie count but around 600_800 daily but still just want to sleep....WHY????

i had surgery on Mar. 13 and im still supper tierd and im still doing Soups and yogurts. not realy doing goodon food diary so dont know my calorie count but around 600_800 daily but still just want to sleep....WHY????

Are you taking any B12 ?

@dat_sweetmami - know what u mean and going through the same thing. My fav is Chinese and I have the same fears. But we will get past this and we will be stronger for it. I wish I had a magic pill that would make it all better but I don't. Stay strong and focused. In my thoughts.

Check your blood pressure. Are you on any medication for that? My energy was real low when I was taking them

I don't take any blood pressure medication. My stomach hurts though...maybe gas or bloating...idk

:-(

I haven't had surgery yet, I go Monday but I have been on a strict diet for five months and I'm at the point where I am missing food a lot! These last four weeks have been awful, and I won't be able to eat food with form (that's what I call it.. aka not puree or soft) until June! So I know what you are feeling. I've only had 500 calories or less for the past month and I'm drained.

However I have been doing a lot of research, I don't want to go back to my old ways, like someone else mentioned I'm getting surgery to better, and make myself healthy, and I have to keep reminding myself that I'm having surgery on my stomach, and not my brain, and well my desire for certain foods are still going to be here. So I'm trying to find healthy alternatives! I do believe that cauliflower is going to become my new best friend. I've seen so many recipes where you can use cauliflower as a substitute. I've seen recipes for pizza crust, rice, even several for different kinds of "breads" Of course mock mashed potatoes. etc. I've been shocked. Plus there are some veggies you can used instead of Pasta. Egg plant, Spaghetti squash, zucchini. And my nutritionist highly recommends anything made by Dreamfield Pasta! Just because you're sleeved doesn't mean you can't eat good tasty food again! You may have to find alternatives, or eat your favorite foods every once in a while.

Also just because one person can't tolerate a certain food(s), doesn't mean you're not going to be able to. Everyone is different, One's experience, isn't your experience. You're going to have your own!

yes one a day. is that enough?

Yes that is suppose to help keep us from being so tired.

I am 2 weeks post op and feel like I can eat too much! I do feel full but only after about 8 ounces of Soup or mushy food. And I feel great..never any pain with eating just a full feeling. I don't know how normal this is when I read everyone elses posts like yours! I am even back to the same level of energy I had pre surgery. I have lost 13 pounds since surgery and 38 pounds total including preop diet so I don't think I am doing to bad that way....I just still worry I can eat to much. I think these mushy foods and Soups are going to be sliders for me...I can't wait till I eat more substantial food...I hope I will feel more restriction then!