Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 wks post op..not eating..just drinking ( not too much energy )

I've seen so many YouTube videos about ppl going through what Im going through and mannnn I tell ya..they have such a happy face because they aren't struggling. Why am I? I feel so tired...weak. I thought by 2 wks I would be feeling up...alert..energetic.... < ---- wishful thinking. Am I alone...in this! I keep thinking about food...and yet Im lost with what can I eat at the puree stage because Im sick of looking at food that looks like throw up blended up ( that's just how Im feeling ) Im thinking about how much i miss food...my favorite meals. I feel like Im never going to eat my favorite Chinese food...or favorite sandwich ever again. Its almost Like if my mind is regretting it but my heart knows this was the best decision ever.

I remember going through exactly what you described...hang in there! I didn't get energy back until week 4, then I had it in abudance. At week 2, I still had really low energy. I also missed the food I used to eat. It took me a month to get over wanting that food I used to eat. It'll get better! This decision has changed my life in so many good ways! The best advice I got when I had the surgery was "The first month sucks". Keep that in mind, and don't worry - it's gets better very soon. Good luck!!!

So, what are you eating for your pureed stage? I was doing smoked ham and lentil Soup. After complaining to my NUT about low energy, she suggested upping my carbs, so I added carrots, peas and more onions to my soup. It did the trick. If you are doing the low carb route, you will have low energy.

I remember going through exactly what you described...hang in there! I didn't get energy back until week 4' date=' then I had it in abudance. At week 2, I still had really low energy. I also missed the food I used to eat. It took me a month to get over wanting that food I used to eat. It'll get better! This decision has changed my life in so many good ways! The best advice I got when I had the surgery was "The first month sucks". Keep that in mind, and don't worry - it's gets better very soon. Good luck!!![/quote']

Thank you Darla.. Are you able to eat regular foods?

So' date=' what are you eating for your pureed stage? I was doing smoked ham and lentil Soup. After complaining to my NUT about low energy, she suggested upping my carbs, so I added carrots, peas and more onions to my soup. It did the trick. If you are doing the low carb route, you will have low energy.[/quote']

I've tried lipton soup...I drain the liquid and eat it but its only one or two spoons of it. I tried oatmeal today and I ate about 2.5 spoons. I couldn't handle it anymore. I don't do cottage cheese..and I dislike vegetable Soups of any kind. I've been on Water...and gatorade.

Hi! Yes, I'm 14 months out now, and can eat just about anything...bread, rice, and Pasta don't sit well, so I do avoid those even at this point. I still stick to Protein first, then veggies and fruits. I don't avoid carbs, I eat and enjoy them. I'm SO happy with my weight loss and energy...I feel like this surgery saved my life. My hubby had surgery, too. It's great, because we eat the same! :)

Hi! Yes' date=' I'm 14 months out now, and can eat just about anything...bread, rice, and Pasta don't sit well, so I do avoid those even at this point. I still stick to Protein first, then veggies and fruits. I don't avoid carbs, I eat and enjoy them. I'm SO happy with my weight loss and energy...I feel like this surgery saved my life. My hubby had surgery, too. It's great, because we eat the same! :)[/quote']

That makes me sad because for Breakfast I used bread a lot...for dinner I used to make Spanish rice or an italian dish that had Pasta. ugh, this is going to suck..for me at least.

I've tried lipton soup...I drain the liquid and eat it but its only one or two spoons of it. I tried oatmeal today and I ate about 2.5 spoons. I couldn't handle it anymore. I don't do cottage cheese..and I dislike vegetable Soups of any kind. I've been on water...and gatorade.

Well ... if you are getting no carbs in, you will have low energy. Your glycogen stores have been depleted. Your body will convert fat and muscle to replenish, but at this stage, it is not able to do this efficiently, yet. I know you are not a big fan of veggie soups, but this is what your body needs at this point. This is part of the difficult first post-op stages. Sometimes we have to respond to what our body needs versus what we want. Take your drained lipton Soup, throw a couple carrots in the microwave until they are mushy, mush them real well and add them to your broth.< /p>

That makes me sad because for Breakfast I used bread a lot...for dinner I used to make Spanish rice or an italian dish that had Pasta. ugh, this is going to suck..for me at least.

I assume you wanted to make a change to your eating habits and that is one of the reasons you got this surgery ... right? I had to abandon my old ways of eating completely for a totally new relationship with food. I am no longer a slave to food and it is exactly what I needed. It just takes time. Be patient and listen to what your body needs.

Well ... if you are getting no carbs in' date=' you will have low energy. Your glycogen stores have been depleted. Your body will convert fat and muscle to replenish, but at this stage, it is not able to do this efficiently, yet. I know you are not a big fan of veggie Soups, but this is what your body needs at this point. This is part of the difficult first post-op stages. Sometimes we have to respond to what our body needs versus what we want. Take your drained lipton Soup, throw a couple carrots in the microwave until they are mushy, mush them real well and add them to your broth.[/quote']

That sounds good. I will try it. How far out of surgery are you ?

21 months on the 8th. If you view this page from a web browser and not a mobile device, you can see all my stats in my signature.

Don't be sad! A lot of people are able to eat those foods in small amounts. I used to eat rice and bread all of the time, and I honestly don't miss it at all. I'd love to check back with you in two-three months to see how you feel about it all...I'm willing to bet that your perspective will be completely changed. Hang in there, sweetie!! And PDXMan is an expert - I've followed his advice a lot along the way and he knows what he's talking about...he's absolutely right about adding in veggie carbs for energy!

21 months on the 8th. If you view this page from a web browser and not a mobile device' date=' you can see all my stats in my signature.[/quote']

Im on my phone.. But it would help to be able to utilized this website in a web browser since it'll be much easier. Have you craved any pizza..or Pasta ? Have you had it ?

Don't be sad! A lot of people are able to eat those foods in small amounts. I used to eat rice and bread all of the time' date=' and I honestly don't miss it at all. I'd love to check back with you in two-three months to see how you feel about it all...I'm willing to bet that your perspective will be completely changed. Hang in there, sweetie!! And PDXMan is an expert - I've followed his advice a lot along the way and he knows what he's talking about...he's absolutely right about adding in veggie carbs for energy![/quote']

Thank you again Darla...I hope to be in better spirits in 2-3 months from now.

Im on my phone.. But it would help to be able to utilized this website in a web browser since it'll be much easier. Have you craved any pizza..or Pasta ? Have you had it ?

There is nothing I cannot eat. I just choose not to eat breads, pastas and rice as they are basically nutritionally irrelevant. I have about 8 oz of space in my stomach now and I want to lease it out to foods with the nutrients my body needs.

Now, when I was running competitively a year ago, I would eat Pasta the day before a race to carb load, but that would be about it. If I need carbs now, I eat veggies.