Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any recommendations for VSG physicians in San Antonio or Austin?

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and new to the world of gastric sleeve... I'm looking for suggestions for a provider in San Antonio or Austin. Any GREAT experiences? Any HORRIBLE experiences? Any and all information would be helpful! Thanks... :rolleyes:

I'm a little north, but I have a doctor and facility that is top notch in the Dallas area. Some people in my classes were required by their insurance to come to them, they are that good!

Dr Colleen Kennedy, and the Methodist Dallas Weight Management Institute. Absolutely amazing people at both. And not an assembly line clinic either!

BadBoy, thanks! That's one of the things I want to avoid (the assembly line)... I'll look in to Methodist.

I'm a little north, but I have a doctor and facility that is top notch in the Dallas area. Some people in my classes were required by their insurance to come to them, they are that good!

Dr Colleen Kennedy, and the Methodist Dallas Weight Management Institute. Absolutely amazing people at both. And not an assembly line clinic either!

Are you insured or self pay? Call the doctor first, they made all of my arrangements. The only thing I was on my own for was my psych eval!

Houston has several great doctors, while mine was ok (Dr. Ata Ahmed), there was just too much regarding my follow up care and confuison about pain meds to prevent me from recommending him(he also never followed up on me personally in the hospital). He was very good to me, however, and met with my husband a second time, no charge, to discuss things with thim again, to attempt to ease my Hubby's mind.

3 weeks post-op and I got my sleeve down by Dr. Sherrod here in Austin. Here is the website if your interested. http://www.capitalsurgeons.com/ Good luck and hope it all works out for you! HOOK'EM lol couldn't help myself ;)

Are you insured or self pay? Call the doctor first, they made all of my arrangements. The only thing I was on my own for was my psych eval!

I'm insured and have secondary insurance... Of course, it depends on if they "approve" me.

3 weeks post-op and I got my sleeve down by Dr. Sherrod here in Austin. Here is the website if your interested. http://www.capitalsurgeons.com/ Good luck and hope it all works out for you! HOOK'EM lol couldn't help myself ;)

Hahahaha!!! Actually, Dr Sherrod is a part of the physician group I am looking in to. How was your office experience? Bedside manner? Etc... Oh.... And... SAW EM OFF!!! :P

Dr. Marquez at Southwest Bariatrics. Had a great experience and her staff was SO helpful!!! Oh, she's in Austin!

My experience was awesome! the staff was very helpful and they treated me very well. The only issue I have with this particular office is that they are quite busy and my post-op doctor visit will be 1 month after surgery rather than the recommended 2 week visit. Other than that, I am satisfied!! :) Oh and their dieticians are awesome as well!!

My experience was awesome! the staff was very helpful and they treated me very well. The only issue I have with this particular office is that they are quite busy and my post-op doctor visit will be 1 month after surgery rather than the recommended 2 week visit. Other than that' date=' I am satisfied!! :) Oh and their dieticians are awesome as well!![/quote']

I am using Dr. Sherrod also, my surgery should be early May:)

I am using Dr. Sherrod also' date=' my surgery should be early May:)

[/quote']

What day? I'm 5-2-13

I'm Austin and will be using Dr. Faulkenberry with Southwest Bariatrics..aka Capitol Surgeons Group. They will br submitting for approval for me in mid-May. I researched him thoroughly and found no negative reviews, 0 mortality and haven't been able to find any complication stats on him either. On another site his patients are telling me they have not heard of any complications either. He is named a surgeon of excellence by the Centers gor Excellence and I will be sleeved at St. David hospital which is also a Center of Excellence and he is the Medical Director of their metabolic and bariatric program. Based on all this, my assumption is his surgical skill will be very good also.

My surgery was done by Dr Nilesh Patel in San Antonio. He's very thorough and made me feel very comfortable. I am only 7 days post op so my experience with the sleeve isn't extensive yet. I would definitely recommend him though