Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

fainting at the gym

I just recently started taking my Vitamins again (i am so bad at it) i also don't take my Protein because i have a hard time with it, but will start drinking it tomorrow anyway. Well the reason for this post is because i am worried about fainting while working out. I at times get a bit light headed at home while doing certain things. Has anyone ever fainted?

I was sleeved 1/15 and have lost 52lbs

I just recently started taking my Vitamins again (i am so bad at it) i also don't take my Protein because i have a hard time with it' date=' but will start drinking it tomorrow anyway. Well the reason for this post is because i am worried about fainting while working out. I at times get a bit light headed at home while doing certain things. Has anyone ever fainted?

I was sleeved 1/15 and have lost 52lbs[/quote']

Good job at getting to the gym!

No fainting yet, but close especially when getting up from couch. It is more like vertigo and my stomach churns a bit. It is over in 5 seconds. I am not too concerned and just attribute it to my body not caught up with weight loss. Also my blood pressure is constantly 100 / 70. A good thing right?

You might check to make sure you are getting your minerals from a good potent multi Vitamin every day. Also try to replenish electrolytes if you have a particularly hard work out or just feel you need the help. Gatorade or Pedialyte can help replenish your electrolytes. Sometimes a diet low in carbs will lead to light headedness or fainting. At least this is what I have read about over the post op months.

No magic cure that I am aware of, but keep an eye on it. Take it easy if it is too much for you at the gym. Last thing you need is to faint when running on the treadmill. :)

Good luck!

Thanks for the info

I was getting a lot of lightheadedness too. My doc thought it was from dehydration. I started carrying a water bottle (and using it! Lol) while running and it seems to have helped. I don't get so light headed.

Go and see a doctor, I was feeling the same, lightheadedness and faint feeling with blackouts, I saw the doctor he said it was labrinitis. Best of luck to all

My doc said it was due to dehydration too

Go and see a doctor' date=' I was feeling the same, lightheadedness and faint feeling with blackouts, I saw the doctor he said it was labrinitis. Best of luck to all[/quote']

You mean labyrinthitis?

http://www.webmd.com/brain/tc/labyrinthitis-topic-overview

Looks like a viral issue in the vestibular canals of the ear, treatable with antibiotics. I am not sure this is what would be causing the dizzy/ fainting in most people.

I can almost always fade to black if I get up off the couch or ground quickly. Quite the "trip" if you know what I mean. I attribute it to my low blood pressure (has been 100 / 70 the last 5 times measured in a doctor's office) and my inner balance thrown out of whack from rapid weight loss. Not a show stopper in.my life though. You just get used to it and do things to avid fading to black.

Low blood pressure can definitely cause this.

I'm preop and I've read on here where several people have had this issue, which was worrying me, because I don't want to be fainting after getting sleeved. I asked my friend who is about 1 1/2 yrs post op and he said he only gets lightheaded when he's a little dehydrated...as soon as he ups his Water intake, he's fine.

My daily Water is massive. I go through 1/2 dozen 32 ounce containers a day, maybe more. Drinking water is A ok with me at my current distance from DOS. I do not think I can be dehydrated. I have been dehydrated before while post op and have not felt like that for a long time. Something else...

Fiddleman- what is your resting heart rate? I also get dizzy if I get up fast. The other day when I was at the gym I started my heart rate monitor when I was still in my truck relaxing and I notices my heart rate was 50. I tried to relax and I got it down to 46. I think that may have something to do with me being dizzy.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Fiddleman- what is your resting heart rate? I also get dizzy if I get up fast. The other day when I was at the gym I started my heart rate monitor when I was still in my truck relaxing and I notices my heart rate was 50. I tried to relax and I got it down to 46. I think that may have something to do with me being dizzy.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

My resting heart rate is 48. In the hospital during recovery from VSG, my resting heart rate would go to 30 causing alarms to go off even though I was still clearly obese at the time and blood pressure was previously way high at 158 / 105 ( was on meds for it). Do not remember shat my bp was in hospital. I think it was more normal because of the effects of anesthesia on me.

Now that I am physically fit ( for the most part), resting heart rate is 48 and blood pressure is 100 / 70. Running every other day for months now really helped with this.

Just hope this does not lead to heart issues that is sometimes associated with runners or formerly obese people. No idea. Just a thought.