Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is my life..... Just get over it.. right?!?!

I'm confused about why you can't do all the things you mentioned. I go out to eat with friends/family and order from appetizer or Soup and salad menu. Salmon, tuna, shrimp, cheese sampler, and chicken wings are on almost every menu and are high Protein, require little chewing, low fat, and you can generally eat more of a portion. I always order Water with meals because its a waste to pay for any other liquid unless you drink it before your meal. If anyone mentions me not eating much I just say I'm not a member of the clean plate club anymore. I have been out drinking and even out clubbing. I'm married almost 13 years and sex is better because I have more confidence and bend easier:). Of course things are different now but wasn't that the point? Things have to change to have a different result.

I can go and do these things I just have issues with not paying attention and taking bites too big, or too close together! Everyone knows about my surgery so it's not a matter of not wanting anyone to know or ask why I can't eat! Basically life as I knew it is over and yes I expected changes and yes I'm loving my new body and yes I get irritated when I can't enjoy the social interaction that helped get me fat to begin with

. I am still new to this and learning all the do's and don'ts. I have my pouty bad days and this post was one of those days! Just needed to vent to understanding ears!

hair loss is completely normal. I lost tons and only recently has it slowed down. I am 8 months out. That's a known side effect of quick weight loss. Just make sure you're getting in your Vitamins, supplements, Protein, you will start gaining it back eventually.

It sounds like you've just got a lot of stress going on. This surgery is not easy, and it's a complete life change. It's hard to realize before surgery that it's going to have such an incredible impact, but in the long run you will adjust and feel better.

Hang in there, it's not always an easy journey, but hopefully in the long run you will see more positives than negatives. Some days are harder than others, but eventually you will be able to do many of the things you love again, just in a little more moderation (like eating out with friends).

I can remember those days! I DID go out to eat - and was trying to "hide" the fact that I had had the surgery! lol I did do a lot of pushing food around but refried Beans became my best friend at Mexican Restaurants. Soup at others. THIS TOO SHALL PASS! Many a time, I excused myself and went to the BR to "slime" or even throw up. But, I admit, because I was losing so quickly and enjoying the loss, I was able to deal with it okay. I did not have nausea at night, but I did get extremely light headed and one night got up from bed, passed out, cut my lip open and woke up to my husband shouting over me! (smile) Again, THIS TOO SHALL PASS. It's like other things in life - we learn to "deal" or it takes care of itself at some point. You will NEVER be able to "eat out" and enjoy food (and that's really the problem, isn't it?) like you did and that's why we all wound up fat and sick. But, boy, you CAN feel great is those smaller size clothes, and the compliments you will receive along with the much improved health.

Hang in there, Girlfriend! THIS TOO SHALL PASS!

I was on the refried bean diet when I had my lap band. Ahhhh memories :)

Sip, Sip, sip.....

What can I eat?

will it hurt my tummy?

yes it hurts my tummy? Everything hurts!

9 out of 10 days are bad food days!

Invited to eat lunch with a friend... Oh what can I eat.. oh yeah, I can't eat anything in a social setting!

Invited to dinner with friends... I'll order food just move it around my plate... get a to go box.... order Water just so I don't look silly! Remember I can't eat in a social setting!

Must eat alone so I can concentrate on how big of a bite, how I must chew, chew, chew!

Constant bloating and gas! Gas X goes every where with me!

Waking up every single night since surgery at 3 am ish so nauseous.... must keep Water by my bed... helps the nausea

Invited for drinks with friends... Oh what can I drink? No beer.... nothing too sweet! Oh crap! What I did drink hurts my stomach... Sorry friends to break up the party I must go home.... I am sick... AGAIN!

Sex? What is that? Non exsistant is what it is! Weak, tired, eating, drinking, bloating, gas is what I think about not sex!

My hair is falling out by the handfulls!

My life as I knew it gone.... I am becoming a recluse! It's just too stresful putting myself out there!

But ya know what.... I am getting skinny!!!!! And isn't that the only thing that matters?!?!

Happiness, contentment, a social life, a marriage...... who needs all that when you have skinny!! Right?!?! :wacko:

I had about a year worth of health issues related to my lap band prior to my revision in January. My hair was falling out and thinned very bad by the time I healed from the revision. I was in bad shape nutritionally and had to have blood, Multivitamins, and potassium IV. I started taking Silica and Biotene for the hair issue. I have only been on them about 3 weeks and the Hair loss seems about normal now (few hairs during shower). It takes about 6-8 weeks to see results from the Silica and Biotene (since hair grows slow) but you might check into it. My dr. didn't tell me about them but I read it on one of these forums and figured it can't hurt. I also became very strict about my Protein so that makes a difference also.

I can go and do these things I just have issues with not paying attention and taking bites too big, or too close together! Everyone knows about my surgery so it's not a matter of not wanting anyone to know or ask why I can't eat! Basically life as I knew it is over and yes I expected changes and yes I'm loving my new body and yes I get irritated when I can't enjoy the social interaction that helped get me fat to begin with

. I am still new to this and learning all the do's and don'ts. I have my pouty bad days and this post was one of those days! Just needed to vent to understanding ears!

When you are out this summer showing off your hot body then you will feel better about your sacrifices. :)

Your hair is falling out because you are not getting enough Protein. 60-80% of your daily intake should be in Protein. Go to GNC and buy a 12 pack of their Protein shake and drink that all day long. If you drink 2 bottles a day you will still lose weight plus your hair will stop falling out. It will also relieve some of your tummy problems. When you're ready' date=' I'll show you how to mix powder protein with all your nasty Vitamins and protonics and still win. GNC has a Protein Shake that was made for us bariatric pts. It's very high in protein and only 4 sugars. That's outstanding, you can't get better, and it tastes really good. Especially the chocolate. Lost weight all the while I was on it. As soon as I tried eating food, everything stopped. For some reason some of us are not doing well with food. It's been 3.5 mo. for me and I still can't tolerate food. I've got a call in to my dietician, I'm hop[/quote']

What protein shake made for bariatric PTs are the ones you are referring to? I've tried amp 60 chocolate vanilla and friit punch and the Isopure zeros!!! Just was curious on the one high in protein and only 4 sugars.. What is the name of it? Thank you!

I like the Premiere chocolate Protein Shakes. It's 30 gram of Protein and only 1 gram sugar. And it's yummy!!! It's only sold at costco and I think Sams club. Does anyone else know where to buy it?