Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric sleeve in NZ?

I well done! That's awesome :-)

I've heard there are support groups at the Manukau Super clinic? I am not from Auckland, but it may be worth finding out about if you're interested.

I well done! That's awesome :-)

I've heard there are support groups at the Manukau Super clinic? I am not from Auckland' date=' but it may be worth finding out about if you're interested.

[/quote']

Thank you :-)

The support groups are not really my thing, I have great support from family and friends :-)

Hi guys :-) I'm from New Zealand too & got sleeved by Michael booth also. I'd love to have a chat to someone in nz that had also undergone this surgery, as the people I know that have had wls have had the bypass & the lapband. Would be GREAT to have a chat to someone going through what I have been through :-) - I'm from Auckland!

Hi guys :-) I'm from New Zealand too & got sleeved by Michael booth also. I'd love to have a chat to someone in nz that had also undergone this surgery' date=' as the people I know that have had wls have had the bypass & the lapband. Would be GREAT to have a chat to someone going through what I have been through :-) - I'm from Auckland![/quote']

Hi Michael Booth sleeve buddy :) when were you sleeved? and how is your weight loss going? :)

Hi! :-) I got sleeved on November 26th last year. I've lost 39 kilos and have been stuck where I am now for about a month! Hoping its just a stall :-) how are things going with you?? X

Hi! :-) I got sleeved on November 26th last year. I've lost 39 kilos and have been stuck where I am now for about a month! Hoping its just a stall :-) how are things going with you?? X

I was sleeved in November also! On the 6th. Great job on losing 39 kilos! How many more till you within a normal weight range? Things are going great with me - really happy I bit the bullet and decided to do it. I'm down 46kgs and just 3 more to go and I'm done - bought size 10 jeans for the first time ever the other day!! Were you self pay?

Wow that's awesome! Well done!

I'm a size 10/12 now which I'm over the moon about! Well I'm 80kg ATM and wanting to be in between 65-70 & I'll be happy :-) !

So inbetween 10-15 kilos and I'll be there!

Things are good, apart from I have gall stones now from such rapid weight loss & am needing go get them taken out :-( pain in the butt really! But oh well , life goes on! Other than that things are pretty good. I can eat any food i like, I have no problems with food - not that I even care for it anymore! Such a different mind set.

How are things going for you?

As I'm only 21 myself and my family split the flat which I am very thankful for! You?

Hi ladies

I also had surgery mid June in Auckland with Stephanie. I'm still on the purée food phase and felling really good 2 1/2 weeks post op. Nice to hear from some fellow kiwis who have gone through the same thing. I'm also central Auckland so if you ever do catch up for a coffee would be interested too. :)

Wow that's awesome! Well done!

I'm a size 10/12 now which I'm over the moon about! Well I'm 80kg ATM and wanting to be in between 65-70 & I'll be happy :-) !

So inbetween 10-15 kilos and I'll be there!

Things are good' date=' apart from I have gall stones now from such rapid weight loss & am needing go get them taken out :-( pain in the butt really! But oh well , life goes on! Other than that things are pretty good. I can eat any food i like, I have no problems with food - not that I even care for it anymore! Such a different mind set.

How are things going for you?

As I'm only 21 myself and my family split the flat which I am very thankful for! You?

[/quote']

You'll be at goal before you know it - still ages to go till its been a year yet!

Twins! Have just been diagnosed with gallstones too which I'm not very happy about :( are you on waiting list for GB removal yet? I was kinda just going to take the wait and see approach with mine and see if it got worse but have had about 3-4 unbearably painful attacks now. I read on her that the U.S surgeons give their patients medication which decreases the chance of developing gallstones by 95%. Really want to ask Michael why he doesnt give his patients anything next time I see him!!

I have no probs with food either and drinking alcohol is the same for me as pre-op except I sober up way quicker! I'm 26 and me, my partner, and then mum&dad went thirds. Best money ever spent though :) How open are you about your surgery? Do u tell people?

Hi ladies

I also had surgery mid June in Auckland with Stephanie. I'm still on the purée food phase and felling really good 2 1/2 weeks post op. Nice to hear from some fellow kiwis who have gone through the same thing. I'm also central Auckland so if you ever do catch up for a coffee would be interested too. :)

Awesome -glad all is going well for you! If u ever have any questions feel free to message me. I think a coffee catch up should def be arranged :)

Oh what a pain! It's so frustrating. Since I was diagnosed with having gall stones I've only had one other attack which was a day after I got out of hospital - since then I haven't had an actual attack but leaving it doesn't work! I get pain all through my abdomen and live on pain killers - thank goodness they work! I've been trying to contact the pa (undet michael) at north shore hospital for a week now but she doesn't reply to my voicemails! Slightly frustrating! They called me up a few days before my 21st telling me they could do my surgery then but I declined as I had exams at uni & my 21st that week! But now I'm struggling to get hold of Anyone! I read that too! And I said the EXACT same thing! Why on earth would he not prescribe something to help with gall stones?!?!?! If I knew there was something I could have done to prevent them I would have and it's annoying he didn't even mention it? I'm glad I just didn't hear him or something and you've said the same thing! Because gall stones are painful! And why would I want another surgery :-( it's good to hear other than that you're going well - you've lost lots of weight! Isn't it such an amazing feeling! So much happier these days :-)

About my surgery - I told my friends who I hang out with all the time and all my family know. I don't tell people who I hardly see or I feel don't need to know - I guess I'm half/half? How do you up about telling people??

Oh what a pain! It's so frustrating. Since I was diagnosed with having gall stones I've only had one other attack which was a day after I got out of hospital - since then I haven't had an actual attack but leaving it doesn't work! I get pain all through my abdomen and live on pain killers - thank goodness they work! I've been trying to contact the pa (undet michael) at north shore hospital for a week now but she doesn't reply to my voicemails! Slightly frustrating! They called me up a few days before my 21st telling me they could do my surgery then but I declined as I had exams at uni & my 21st that week! But now I'm struggling to get hold of Anyone! I read that too! And I said the EXACT same thing! Why on earth would he not prescribe something to help with gall stones?!?!?! If I knew there was something I could have done to prevent them I would have and it's annoying he didn't even mention it? I'm glad I just didn't hear him or something and you've said the same thing! Because gall stones are painful! And why would I want another surgery :-( it's good to hear other than that you're going well - you've lost lots of weight! Isn't it such an amazing feeling! So much happier these days :-)

About my surgery - I told my friends who I hang out with all the time and all my family know. I don't tell people who I hardly see or I feel don't need to know - I guess I'm half/half? How do you up about telling people??

I really hope its not because he makes profit off gallstone ops too ... makes me wonder when he wasnt that interested in taking it out when he found out I didnt have med insurance and would have to go through public health system. Just one conspiracy theory - he never mentioned that it was a side effect of the surgery to me. Wish I was a wee bit more informed. I will quiz him next month when I go for my 9 month check up. But yes totally happy with where I am at - and feeling so much better :) loving shopping!

Only people who know is mum dad partner and a few close friends. I may tell people when I'm done but who knows. I def will always be an advocate for the sleeve and will be open with anyone struggling with weight. Hows the skin bouncing back and scars looking for you?

That's what my parents have said! He must still get money through the public system though coz he does the gall bladder removal there too. He never informed me when I went for a consultation that this could happen & I'm slightly disappointed that after paying SO much money - as we went privately through southern cross for the actual op - he (perhaps) thinks of his own pocket instead of his patients health & well being. Slightly disappointed to say the least! Now I'm stuck on a waiting list through public to get it out! Do you have any other symptoms? Nausea, fatigue, other pain other than attacks??? Because I tend to feel pretty shitty quite often & am hoping it has something to do with the gall stones!

Scars are barely noticeable, phew. Nothing major at all. & as I am fortunate enough to have this surgery done at only 20 when I went for my op, my skin has bounced back fine, there's obviously parts I need to work on but nothing really bad. My stomach would be the most obvious but in saying that I'm the only one who notices it lol. Wbu?

Do you have any other symptoms? Nausea' date=' fatigue, other pain other than attacks??? Because I tend to feel pretty shitty quite often & am hoping it has something to do with the gall stones!

Scars are barely noticeable, phew. Nothing major at all. & as I am fortunate enough to have this surgery done at only 20 when I went for my op, my skin has bounced back fine, there's obviously parts I need to work on but nothing really bad. My stomach would be the most obvious but in saying that I'm the only one who notices it lol. Wbu?[/quote']

Its hard to say what symptoms are what but my Iron is low and thats why im feeling tired although im pretty slack with getting adequate Protein and Water ..I'm mostly scared of the dumping post-gall bladder removal hence why I am taking the "wait and see till I cant cope with it anymore" approach!

My scars are nearly disappeared - they actually looked pretty awesome just days after, I think its one thing our surgeon does well comparing my incisions to others pics on here soon after surgery!!

Skin is also pretty good due to age - just my arms im concerned about the most but doing a lot of gym work to counteract it but all in all pretty much everything has exceeded my fears and expectations :)