Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massive appetite little restriction

What I was told was once on solids, only 1/4th cup of food Protein first evrn if it means all chicken and 1 green bean. So 1/4 cup 3 times a day. I was told no eating between. Then at the 6th month mark only 1/2 cup 3 times and at 1 yr 1 cup of food. Maybe At some point, certainly not now, I may be able to eat more but not gonna. Ive lost 44 lbs in 9 wks so Im doing somdthing right. I should be at goal by July. I think you need to hit reset and call your dr. Something is not right.

Most of you have been sleeved correctly I only saw one person that experienced what I went through. I am not going to blame myself for being hungry. I will try to eat better but that will be a challenge since I have little restriction. Thanks to everyone. I can't say I feel better. But I will take mental notes for the future. A wise man once told me don't worry nothings going to be alright. And somehow that made me feel better. Life's a b***h. Things don't always workout the way we want. Adios amigos.

Yep, I agree, and please don't blame yourself. Sometimes it doesn't work out they way we expect...and not all sleeves are created equal. I wish people could remember that! Some people have tremendous restriction, and others, not so much. Medicine is an art as much as a science, and surgery is certainly dependent on many factors such as the skill of the surgeon and how the body responds to it. One thing to consider is your height. You probably do need more food. Even if your stomach is the right diameter, it probably is longer - maybe almost twice as long as some people, which might allow you to eat twice as much food.

I am sorry you are going through this. Good luck as you get it figured out - and good thing you didn't leave ;)

Well, I just want to wish you luck and I hope this all starts working out better for you soon. Personally I think the whole "long stomach" (tall people) thing is a real issue. I've heard of other tall people with this same issue quite a few times. Good luck!

I must disagree with the dry chicken from boiling!

When you boil it to almost falling off the bones moist flavorful and yummy!

( yes I like boiled chicken) :P

How about just pick up a rotisserie chicken or a couple rotisserie chickens from costco? These are always moist and taste great. After you pull the meat off them, you can eat as-is or top with something like feta cheese and peach slices ( one of my favorites).

I am 5weeks out and gave the hunger too. I also can eat what fed like a unlimited amount and nothing has make me sick.

Personally I will not allow myself to eat unless it has been at least 3 hours since my last bite .

I get in 70-90 ounces of Water in day because I m hungry and need something in my stomach/mouth so I won't eat.

That at the only thing (drinking extra water) that helps. It doesn't cure it but honestly helps me a lot. I also have a sheet I write in every time i eat or drink so I can make sure I am waiting the 3-4 hours. I also write down every calorie, gram of fat and Protein I eat. If I make a not so good choice (had a slice of pizza yesterday so only low carb/fat shakes and water for the rest of the day)

I just forced myself to not eat much for the rest of the day and know I will be stuck drinking even more water. I try to hold myself accountable and force myself to stick under my numbers. So far they tell me that is ok as long as I don't make bad choices often. In 5 weeks having pizza once and having wheat Pasta another time was my 2 down falls. I still stuck in my calorie,etc goals and am ok with it.

I had to just tell myself to get over the hunger and choose to drink more water to help. After a while it really did.

Thanks I will try that. Even though my hunger isn't diminished like I thought I'm going to have to work extra hard to make this work. I'm hoping two weeks of overeating hasn't ruined me permanately. Also I think the body freaks out when you do 4 weeks of liquids and than suddenly start eating again. Like i t better eat all it can survival instinct.

Have you tried the pouch test? The first one I read about involvles eating cottage cheese as a way to determine stomach capacity. (might give you some insight until you get an EGD or upper GI) The second one I read about is more of a reset, if you search for lil Miss Diva's 5 day bootcamp it is supposed to help you get off the carbs and other refined foods. Since you are tall, your sleeve is longer and should hold more than mine (I'm 5'4"). As far as cheap heathy eats, I feel you there. I lots of cheap healthy stuff: I buy the produce that is on special for the week. Last week it was brussels sprouts. I eat canned Beans, plus I can make my own hummus

In 5 minutes for half the costs. I buy the big containers of Greek yogurt and cottage cheese, then portion it out. Way cheaper than the single serve. I buy plain and then flavor it myself. I coupon. I clip all meat coupons (usually the priciest item in my cart) and signed up for my store's online coupon service. I do one splurge item in the cart as well. Last week was low carb flour tortillas- $3.99 for a small pack! This week, my splurge is to seek out some fancy flavored waters, I need to get more Water in. Hunger is a beast and I had acid issues before my sleeve so for me getting the PPI thing right was critical. They take time to work so you may have to up your dose and give it awhile. I know you've recieved a ton of advice. Let us know how things progress. We are rooting for you.